Ronaldo (37) Slaps Phone Out of Child’s (14) Hand | Charged after 5 months of deliberation

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Petulant man child behaviour. But all he needs to do is apologise, buy the kid a new phone and some signed boots or something
Yeah it’s a shameful moment and he has always been ridiculously petulant, but I reckon most of us can empathise most of the way anyway…the sheer frustration of a shameful performance, the last-minute chance to almost salvage something not working out, the pain of an injury coursing through your body, and all the thoughts running through your head about what’s going to be said in that dressing room. And then someone sticks a phone in your face and probably says something that winds you up. I’d definitely give some back 1 in 100 times there. Smashing a phone is next-level childishness though.

If you’re the fan, you’d be a bit taken aback, think Ronaldo’s a bit of a dick, and mostly laugh it off with your mates. No big drama as you know you’ll get more back than you lost.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Can't really see what's being described. If he did, he should apologize,, get a fine by the club and that's it.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Unless it’s the bit at the end, were it doesn’t look much like a kid either more a regular fan.
To be fair, should it make any difference if it was a kid or an adult? Granted his emotions were running high but he's experienced enough to know the slightest provocation is going to be blown up out of all proportion. Petulance isn't a good trait to have as a professional footballer but he isn't going to change now.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Im more concerned with what might be going on behind the scenes with him, or at home. If he's taken to slapping kid's phones out of their hands in broad daylight with the world watching, then for how long has this been going on at home???? His poor kids man, just sitting minding their own business at the breakfast counter as he walks rounds slaps their phones to the ground, raising an evil smirk as he walks off. Probably does it to his Mrs aswell.

These things are rarely first time occurrences. :(

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Im more concerned with what might be going on behind the scenes with him, or at home. If he's taken to slapping kid's phones out of their hands in broad daylight with the world watching, then for how long has this been going on at home???? His poor kids man, just sitting minding their own business at the breakfast counter as he walks rounds slaps their phones to the ground, raising an evil smirk as he walks off. Probably does it to his Mrs aswell.

These things are rarely first time occurrences. :(
Thankfully Ronaldo’s behaviour has never been called into question how could it be what with all the charity work I mean he paid £300,000 to one particular individual…

Deery

Dreary
To be fair, should it make any difference if it was a kid or an adult? Granted his emotions were running high but he's experienced enough to know the slightest provocation is going to be blown up out of all proportion. Petulance isn't a good trait to have as a professional footballer but he isn't going to change now.
True, shouldn’t be doing it to either. I don’t know why he did it seems a bit extreme but obviously wanted to get rid of some frustrations not condoning it though.

TheReligion

Abusive
He's assaulted a child. You should care as a sworn officer of the law. In fact why aren't you on your way to Ronaldos house to put this monster behind bars?

Anyway, Hazard did it better. Gotta kick annoying kids, not slap their hands.
He was using reasonable force to prevent crime under section 3 of the criminal law act. Clearly being subjected to harassment and abuse contrary to section 2 of the protection from harassment act and under the public order act 1986.

predator

Youth NITK
Everyone I've spoke to that has met him in real life, without the cameras has said nothing but good things about him.

Its not his finest moment but hes just a human being at the end of the day. It's not the end of the world. I'm sure it will be resolved. Would've been awful if he spat in the kids face though.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He was using reasonable force to prevent crime under section 3 of the criminal law act. Clearly being subjected to harassment and abuse contrary to section 2 of the protection from harassment act and under the public order act 1986.
Fair enough. I hope this precident encourages more players to give rude fans the old Will Smith treatment. We most certainly deserve a slap every now and then.

I think it was Churchill who said it best; "chat shit, get banged".

TheReligion

Abusive
Fair enough. I hope this precident encourages more players to give rude fans the old Will Smith treatment. We most certainly deserve a slap every now and then.

I think it was Churchill who said it best; "chat shit, get banged".
Exactly this.

Wilt

Wondering what would be the reaction if a fan slapped a phone out of Ronaldo’s hand

Lightbringer

Is an autistic kid filming ronaldo harassment or abuse? The kid did not even say anything.

El-Manos

He’s wrong on this occasion but some football fans give horrendous abuse and say nasty things. I’m surprised footballers don’t lose their cool on a more regular basis because I definitely would.

Hughie77

The season has resulted to this. Nothing will happen best is he gets him another phone . Move on. Making mountains out of mole hills.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
This incident is too close to home for me.

My Son acts similarly after his team loses a game. His little league team. Yeah, he's 9...

Greck

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The season has resulted to this. Nothing will happen best is he gets him another phone . Move on. Making mountains out of mole hills.
Just waiting for someone to say "but this is proof he loves the club, he just wants to win soooo bad, leave Britney aloooone!"

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ronaldo is batman i guess

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
In all seriousness, this season has to be the worst in Ronaldos career, right? Not surprising that such a winner is frustrated.

When he eventually writes a book, the chapter on his thoughts about this season will be interesting.

SirAF

Ageist
In all seriousness, this season has to be the worst in Ronaldos career, right? Not surprising that such a winner is frustrated.

When he eventually writes a book, the chapter on his thoughts about this season will be interesting.
Absolutely. He made a huge mistake re-joining United - never decide with your heart above your mind should be the lesson.

TheReligion

Abusive

It must be his worst season. I mean still better than Big Roms.

perhaps their books will be best sellers at Waterstones? Who knows.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

It’ll just be poses in underwear drinking coffee. Well worth a look