Ronaldo creates groupings and disrupt the United locker room?

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah he is not a bullshitter but on the other side he was and probably still is a massive Ole inner and often has a naive view on things. Its so typical of him blaming Ronaldo based on the inside info he got instead of the english prats in the club who has not won a thing and never will.

Coming across as a bit defensive here? I don’t find it strange that you don’t know who Dag Langerød is - at all - but a bit odd that you know for a fact he is ‘nobody’ when you don’t know who he is. For all you know, he could be Rangnik’s secret wife…

In fact, he has been professionally hired for many years as editor for the journalistic output of the Scandinavian Branch, which has unreasonable amounts of money and hire people based on criterions of journalism that are quite decent. He is well connected through his job, and is known for being a sober and cautious writer whose journalistic weakness is that he’ll defend anything ‘United’ longer than most. When he writes that he has several sources at the club saying this, I am very inclined to believe he has.

On another hand, sources is not the same as the horse’s mouth. Messages get distirted and affected by viewpoint, as you rightly point out. On a third hand, there is the possibility that things are even worse than it sounds too …

I am not gonna stamp Ronaldo based on hearsay (which it is), but neither am I going to dismiss out of hand the possibility that Ronaldo could have the effect on some players now that Ruud had on Ronaldo in Fergie’s time. We’ll just have to trust Erik to straighten this out, he’ll find out fore sure if it’s true.
Sure I’m the defensive one. :lol:

I know people from massive branches, it means absolutely feck all. Let not make out being the editor of the top Scandy fanzine means anything whatsoever. The second biggest overseas branch is Hong Kong, would we believe hearsay from their editor, or from Bulgaria in 6th place? Or some of the utter nonsense redissue or unitedwestand spouted for years? Would we feck, especially when it’s so see through that he’s been proven wrong by Ronaldo onfield so has done an about turn.

I’m wound up because it’s crystal clear Dan has been defending Ole to the hilt, as the noggies do, and he decided this season to pop the blame onto our best outfield player. Even now, he’s twisted it with hearsay bollocks to still blame the best outfield player. He’s a prick.

Last edited:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Wouldn't surprise me if this was the case. Alot of things wouldn't surprise me about United though.

SirAF

Ageist

I know people from massive branches, it means absolutely feck all. Let not make out being the editor of the top Scandy fanzine means anything whatsoever.

I’m wound up because it’s crystal clear Dan has been defending Ole to the hilt, as the noggies do, and he decided this season to pop the blame onto our best outfield player. Even now, he’s twisted it with hearsay bollocks to still blame the best outfield player. He’s a prick.
Not all:nono:;)

Tibs

The article misses the undeniable fact that our British faction is fecking shit, and they could all leave the club tomorrow and we'd benefit from it.

Exception is perhaps Sancho.

PSV

This guy has always been quite tabloid. I wouldn't read too much into it.

How would they know the Portuguese players are talking smack anyway?

youngrell

I’m not sure about Ronaldo being an arsehole, outside of pushing people to be better and win, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there are cliques and a big divide within the squad. It would be a simple explanation for the downturn we’ve seen this season.

This is not something that would usually cross my mind but I noticed when it was Varane’s birthday this week that he hadn’t posted any birthday wishes to his story from any United teammates outside of Pogba. Whether that was because no one wished him a happy birthday or he was ignoring them I don’t know, but it could add weight to the cliques theory.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I mean, we all know Ronaldo is extremely demanding. He was throwing his hands up even when he was being put in goal scoring positions by Scholes, Rooney and Giggs in midfield. When you bring that kind of demand into the side, the rest either step up to the challenge or wilt under pressure. We all know which kind we have.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Cliques forming in this group shouldn't really surprise anyone by now. They're the least together United side I've seen in my lifetime.

CallyRed

He hasn't created a grouping since that night with Nani, Anderson and that lass from Leeds.

Polar

It's that Ronaldo's fault? I don't know.
I don’t blame Ronaldo. It’s more about mechanisms and nature of law when players like Ronaldo joins a unit or a team. I’m not sure the people behind the deal calculated with the psychosocial aspect of Ronaldo joining the team.

Ronaldo‘s in game impact is a success, but it’s seems like his impact on the team harmony is bad. The latter one obviously has most impact on our situation or lack of results. What’s the benefit of him scoring goals if he is one of the reasons the other players or the team underperform?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Why would anyone believe this tripe, everything written in the press isn't true!
Considering our form this season and the fact we look far away from a team as possible, why couldn't something like this be true ?
We have players who don't fecking celebrate with the team when we score.

I don’t blame Ronaldo. It’s more about mechanisms and nature of law when players like Ronaldo joins a unit or a team. I’m not sure the people behind the deal calculated with the psychosocial aspect of Ronaldo joining the team.

Ronaldo‘s in game impact is a success, but it’s seems like his impact on the team harmony is bad. The latter one obviously has most impact on our situation or lack of results. What’s the benefit of him scoring goals if he is one of the reasons the other players or the team underperform?
Desperate to believe this nonsense narrative yeah?
You also back Ole to the end? Believe Ronaldo is what fecked him?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Feck me, yet another car crash thread.

I swear people love to read anything negative about the club and believe it.

Polar

Ronaldo has never ever been cited as a poor influence in the dressing room in any of his past teams.

It's BS.
Gianluigi Buffon has spoken a lot about Ronald’s negative impact on Juventus. Not that he was a troublemaker, but that he caused problems more indirectly.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Anyway, when I say I'll be glad to see the back of these players in the summer I mean all of them including Ronaldo.
Just had enough of all of them.

buchansleftleg

Oh who do we believe here.... A man who undoubtedly has his faults but has been famed for his relentless pursuit of excellence, keeping his body in amazing shape and has won every prize in world football.

Or some gobby english players, leaking stories to press while a 37 year old man and an 18 year old youth player run rings around them and show more workrate in a few minutes on the pitch than they have all season.

Anyone with any sense would shut up and start running on the pitch rather than moaning about cliques. Maybe they can setup their own cliques when they get sold to trabsanspor or getafe or fenerbache...would be fun to watch their Instagram numbers slowly fade away.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
You should change British to English
Yeah fair do's. Can't tar the rest of UK with our over entitled English lot. McTominay might be fit for the Championship but at least he keeps his head down & gives 100% every time.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Yeah fair do's. Can't tar the rest of UK with our over entitled English lot. McTominay might be fit for the Championship but at least he keeps his head down & gives 100% every time.
He does?
Strange way of showing it.

Polar

There is literally no detail about any new information in that article.
This is new information for me:

Langerød says that Ronaldo is a big part of the clique that takes place in the locker room, at the same time as he and the others in the Portuguese's gang talk condescendingly about other players on the team.

Based on what I see on the pitch (body behaviour) I’m not surprised if Ronaldo and Bruno talk condescendingly about other players on the team. Other than me that observed that also Fred have started to behave that way on the pitch (example: reaction against AWB). I think reactions “my good you stupid” don’t bring any good to the team, and if these kind of reactions also are represented in training it’s worrying.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm not going to even read the OP and just say that it's a pile of shite and obviously trollbait written with absolutely zero evidence.

And I bet I'm still completely fecking correct.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Also, no offence, but I don't know how the Scandinavian fan club rep would even know this considering we have feck all Scandinavians of note at the club right now.

Matriac

Also, no offence, but I don't know how the Scandinavian fan club rep would even know this considering we have feck all Scandinavians of note at the club right now.
Elanga tbh.

But the fan club doesn't necessarily get this from the players. More likely someone like the MUFC TV group who gets it from others in there more day to day.

Polar

Lindelof, Elanga… :nono: Anyway… I don’t think that’s what matters. If you’ve been leader of a significant fan base you have a network within the club which surpass nationality.

steffyr2

Just wanted to say that there were probably always cliques....problem is that Ronaldo's group is in the ascendency, because his group is the one showing drive/talent.

Revaulx

Elanga tbh.

But the fan club doesn't necessarily get this from the players. More likely someone like the MUFC TV group who gets it from others in there more day to day.
Elanga and Ronaldo seem to get on really well. He’s the last one I’d suspect.

Charles Miller

Why people assume someone from Scandinavia cant have internal informations from United? Its 2022. He doesnt need to pick a boat, cross the ocean, then travel by horse to Manchester to get informations. I mean, there is an italian dude on twitter who apparently is the first one to know about anything coming from Man United.

redcafe_reader

It’s insane how quick things changed. Last season the dressing room was settled and the group looked harmonic. The British fraction was in charge and maintained order in the ranks.

What changed during the summer?

Varane and Ronaldo joined the group.The British fraction was suddenly marginalised and replaced by Varane, Pogba, Bruno and Ronaldo (I’m sure neither DVB, Matic or Bailly were sorry for that). Suddenly the British players look miserable and start underperforming more than anybody else.
So, the other "faction" can still play well, regardless of who is in charge, while the British faction needs to be "in charge" in order to not look miserable and perform to an "acceptable" level? Got it!

OrcaFat

He had a spell where he wasn’t scoring and basically wasn’t contributing at all and quite a few people said he was finished, I think I said it as well. Turned out to be a little dip in form and he’s been great lately.

So really he has been our best player this season. But does that really mean none of our problems are down to him? I don’t know.

I can quite imagine this article being somewhat representative of reality. The shambles began fairly soon after we signed him and has continued ever since. I don’t think it’s coincidence but it could be. Either way, it’s been great to see him back here.

Irwin99

Probably BS. If players have reacted negatively to a renowned winner and one of the greatest players of all time joining the team and creating unrest by his desire to win then it probably says more about them than anything.

Almost certainly a rubbish story though.