Ronaldo creates groupings and disrupt the United locker room?

Polar

Just wanted to say that there were probably always cliques....problem is that Ronaldo's group is in the ascendency, because his group is the one showing drive/talent.
You are into something, but the team is less united and perform shite compared to last season. Drive and talent don’t matter if the harmony isn’t good.

Please don’t make this to a Ole thread again, because it isn’t. Unbelievable how people is able to turn things around :lol:
It’s exactly what it is.

The guy has called Ronaldo ”the problem” all season, and went especially hard on it when Ole was at his lowest point.
Now he has people like Keano mocking his opinion of “the problem”, he’s suddenly done an about turn and actually, it’s off the field he’s “hearing” where he messed up Ole’s wonderful harmony.

It’s all about Ole, let’s call a spade a spade.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
And you are a “scout”? Behave like one and don’t disrespect people.
You misunderstand your adversion to my posts and that's entirely my fault for not clarifying. I'm being facetious and referencing an age-old meme from years ago on this forum where people would immediately jump-the-gun without reading the OP and make their minds up purely on a provocative title.

On another note I'm heavily intoxicated and it's a Friday night so in my head everyone online is up for some shite banter, which is a rather insular and selfish attitude to have but feck it, I paid £23 for this bottle of wine and I'm getting my money's worth. Apologies if I appeared to undermine your OP. My real opinion is that I'm thankful for you posting an article I wouldn't otherwise see and adding another layer to the discussion about Ronaldo whom I, albeit believe to be our best player, yet can understand has provided his fair share of negatives to what has been a poor season for us.

Lindelof, Elanga… :nono: Anyway… I don’t think that’s what matters. If you’ve been leader of a significant fan base you have a network within the club which surpass nationality.
(Psst, and thought this might give it away that I was taking the piss FFS.......)

PS; CINA'S MUM IS A HOORBAG

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Interesting!

Even if some of them isn’t good enough almost all “foreign” players work their @ss off.

Meanwhile in Rashford’s corner…

MUnchies

I don’t blame Ronaldo. It’s more about mechanisms and nature of law when players like Ronaldo joins a unit or a team. I’m not sure the people behind the deal calculated with the psychosocial aspect of Ronaldo joining the team.

Ronaldo‘s in game impact is a success, but it’s seems like his impact on the team harmony is bad. The latter one obviously has most impact on our situation or lack of results. What’s the benefit of him scoring goals if he is one of the reasons the other players or the team underperform?
Yo stop you making yourself look bad like you have an agenda against Ronaldo. The last sentence doesn’t even make sense really. If anything the players follow his footsteps.

Last edited:

Polar

It’s exactly what it is.

The guy has called Ronaldo ”the problem” all season, and went especially hard on it when Ole was at his lowest point.
Now he has people like Keano mocking his opinion of “the problem”, he’s suddenly done an about turn and actually, it’s off the field he’s “hearing” where he messed up Ole’s wonderful harmony.

It’s funny that “Ole” is mentioned in 90% of your posts in this tread.

Grande

Sure I’m the defensive one. :lol:

I know people from massive branches, it means absolutely feck all. Let not make out being the editor of the top Scandy fanzine means anything whatsoever. The second biggest overseas branch is Hong Kong, would we believe hearsay from their editor, or from Bulgaria in 6th place? Or some of the utter nonsense redissue or unitedwestand spouted for years? Would we feck, especially when it’s so see through that he’s been proven wrong by Ronaldo onfield so has done an about turn.

I’m wound up because it’s crystal clear Dan has been defending Ole to the hilt, as the noggies do, and he decided this season to pop the blame onto our best outfield player. Even now, he’s twisted it with hearsay bollocks to still blame the best outfield player. He’s a prick.
Yeah, you do sound defensive, as if someone pricked your precious something, and now you’re going do run them down with whatever means necessary, wether it’s claiming to know everything about a man you don’t even know the name of, or bandying nationalist generalizations about ‘Noggies’ as if everyone of the same race, gender or nationality were alike.

What means anything, is what contacts you have managed to aquire, and how soberly you use them. Knowing that someone is a journalist for a fanzine or a branch webzine does not in itself count as knowledge about their particular informants, it’s just another lazy generalisation. In fact, claiming that anyone critical of Ronaldo’s impact on United must be blinded or Ole apologist, and that someone doing well on the pitch must be doing well for the team coherence are also two examples of unfounded generalisation. At this point, a picture starts forming. Generalisation is, after all, the art of appearing to think, without actually thinking.

I’ve not put my stakes on what is the truth here, in fact I’ve criticised someone in another thread for assuming Ronaldo is a problem just based on the fact that United fell apart around the time he joined.

What I know about Dag Langerød, is that he defended Solskjær when table positions were gradually improving, and that he changed his mind after the Liverpool loss. He was critical of how United as a team functioned with Ronaldo under Solskjær, and explicitly blamed Solskjær for it. It’s all just a bit more nuanced than your expert opinion.

Polar

You misunderstand your adversion to my posts and that's entirely my fault for not clarifying. I'm being facetious and referencing an age-old meme from years ago on this forum where people would immediately jump-the-gun without reading the OP and make their minds up purely on a provocative title.

On another note I'm heavily intoxicated and it's a Friday night so in my head everyone online is up for some shite banter, which is a rather insular and selfish attitude to have but feck it, I paid £23 for this bottle of wine and I'm getting my money's worth. Apologies if I appeared to undermine your OP. My real opinion is that I'm thankful for you posting an article I wouldn't otherwise see and adding another layer to the discussion about Ronaldo whom I, albeit believe to be our best player, yet can understand has provided his fair share of negatives to what has been a poor season for us.

(Psst, and thought this might give it away that I was taking the piss FFS.......)

PS; CINA'S MUM IS A HOORBAG
Sorry… Didn’t catch your point. Admit I didn’t think twice before I pulled the trigger:(

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
You are into something, but the team is less united and perform shite compared to last season. Drive and talent don’t matter if the harmony isn’t good.
Stop beating around the bush. If Ronaldo has disrupted the "harmony" by calling for higher standards, and players to improve their work ethic. Does it reflect badly on him? Or the players who are upset by him?

You are not as slick as you think you are, you want to peddle the narrative that Ronaldo killed our season. At least, be up front about it.

It’s exactly what it is.

It’s an Ole piece for sure.

But, I do think his signing has ruffled the feathers in the dressing room who’ve been too comfortable in just finishing in CL places every season. I clearly remember, first time he spoke after Newcastle match. He called for more self-belief, and that they should be competing for Premier League and not just Top 4. Fast forward, two months later, before we played Liverpool. He spoke about younger players, and how they have it too easy.

I really believe he’s upset the apple-cart in the dressing room and that’s why so many of our players look so miserable, some of them don’t even celebrate our goals. Now, one can debate whether we’d be better off signing Ronaldo? Players would be a lot more comfortable and therefore play a lot better. But, I think it’s a good thing that his signing has exposed the players with a weak mentality and poor attitude in our squad. And, that helps us immensely in long term.

Which is why, those who’re trying to spin this narrative of Ronaldo being a problem in dressing room are oblivious to the long-term effects of it. It’ll weed out the bad culture. Without him, maybe we’d be in CL places, and Ole would still be here, and some of the players in miserable form would be playing a lot better. But, we’d be heading no where or gaining on City/Pool.

This season has been painful, but I genuinely believe we can take a lot of positives out of it given it has exposed some deep lying problems within the club. If his signing was the catalyst for it all? Then we’ve thrown away a season, but we have clarity over future ones.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Sorry… Didn’t catch your point. Admit I didn’t think twice before I pulled the trigger:(
Nah honestly you're absolutely fine and you made your case way more dignified than I ever could. If someone appears to disagree with me I usually call them a cnut without hesitation :)

arthurka

He seems to treat our kids with utmost respect Garnacho and Elanga for example. That's good enough for me, this Noggie can now focus on writing about Solskjærs next adventures.

hobbers

His team mates are the assholes.

I have no doubt Ronaldo treats the English lads with scorn. And thank god we have someone there doing that.

Maguire and Rashford deserve nothing but pelters. Keane would have headbutted them every half time.

The United

Actually, the performances were going downhill this season even before Ronaldo joined. So...

MrEleson

He’s probably spent months calling Ronaldo the problem, and meaning “on the pitch”, now he looks like a mug, and after Scholes comment, it’s “oh yeah, the big problem isn’t his goals, it’s him fecking up the dressing room.”
When did Scholes say this? That Ronaldo was the problem in the dressing room. Just wondering.

ObscureBaguette

I wouldn't put it past a lot of this squad to react negatively to the presence of an elite winner with elite expectations in their midst, but the article reads like an attempt to absolve Solskjær of blame for our troubles this season.

Irwin99

Pretty sure “his desire to win” isn’t his only attribute :D
In regards to your own quote in the OP, i think some people that are a bit shocked at how the team has fallen this badly aren't considering the wider context of last season. 74 points is a decent total and a Europa League final is good (although in fairness, we got knocked out of the group stage of the CL to get there) but, much like Jose's second place finish a few years back, the team wasn't really looking great during games. I think reality just came to the fore this season although it should never have been THIS bad.

United Hobbit

I expect he's sick and tired of the lazy unprofessional over rated ones who think they've made it when they've done absolutely nothing. He has a winning mentality and is probably getting after them, and it's yet another thing for them to cry to the media about in addition to Ralf's evening training sessions.

I read his book when he was here in his first stint and he said how he stayed behind after training to practice, and I'm sure SAF said he had to go tell him to come in as he was practicing after training and it was raining and they had a game coming up. Wonder how many of these lazy feckers that can barely be arsed to run stay behind to practice...

They drive me mad watching them and their lack of effort never mind having to deal with them, I'm surprised Ralf hasn't torn his hair out by now

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
If a a person with a winning mentality (one of the strongest willed person you'll know) comes into the dressing room and your first reaction is to take it personally and start to see it as him forming "cliques" then you're probably the problem.

If you don't take the opportunity to learn from a player and character like Ronaldo then that's a you problem.

I swear that these players think they've made it because they're the highest paid players and are at United, that is down to United really, but it's about time we show them that isn't what makes you.

Feck most of these players off ASAP as they ain't cut out for the top, they remind me of Foster, he looked amazing on loan, but he recognised he wasn't cut out for United, and left, still being a really good goalkeeper away from the pressure and limelight - most of our players should be playing with Aston Villa (no offence).

Polar

Maybe it’s easy to find the answer:

1. If Ronaldo stay next season it’s bullshit he distrupt the dressing room or it’s actually needed distruption.

2. If Ronaldo leaves next season Dag was right, and Ronaldo did have a negative impact on the team.

My guess is that Ronaldo leave and the official statement (or excuse) is that United didn’t qualify for Champions league (CL) - which means a lot to Ronaldo. He wants to join a team who plays in CL in order to strengthen his record.

Matriac

1. If Ronaldo stay next season it’s bullshit he distrupt the dressing room or it’s actually needed distruption.

2. If Ronaldo leaves next season Dag was right, and Ronaldo did have a negative impact on the team.

My guess is that Ronaldo leave and the official statement (or excuse) is that United didn’t qualify for Champions league (CL) - which means a lot to Ronaldo. He wants to join a team who plays in CL in order to strengthen his record.
Even though I'm not turning away from the idea that Ronaldo's presence may possibly have had a negative effect on the dressing room, I still feel like this post is a cop-out.

Ronaldo could have been a calming presence in the dressing-room, but also decide to leave if no Champions League for what will be one of, if not his final season at the top level to increase his long-term legacy.
No matter how much you love the club you always gotta look out for number 1, yourself.

None of us ever thought CR7 would be back, but when he did he probably never imagined we would collapse like this. Last summer many of us imagined we'd be title contenders for sure.
But with reality in the rearview mirror nobody can blame Cristiano if he moves on this summer.

If he stays he will be an even bigger legend, but it depends what matters more, his love for the club or his own legacy as possibly the biggest goat.

redcafe_reader

I am trying to follow your logic but it's pretty hard. Can you please help me?

Let's say Ronaldo leaves next season, from the top of my head the reasons can be:

1 - He wants to play in CL.
2 - He is 38 and we want a younger player.
3 - We signed a better striker/forward than him.
4 - He's not fit Ten Hag style.
5 - He's disrupting the dressing room.

Why does his leaving mean he is disrupting the dressing room? You say "it's easy" so you must have strong logic behind it, can you please tell?

Also why "joining a team who play in the CL" is an excuse? Ronaldo is mr.CL himself, his wanting to play in the CL make sense, right?

I see you trying to put out a strong point that you obviously believe in, but then use word like "maybe" or " official statement (or excuse)" to avoid accountability, is that related to the lact of fact/source from your article and your post?

Hawks2008

Our players are fecking losers so if Ronaldo being demanding or whatever upsets these divas who have won absolutely nothing then i am all for it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If true it says more about them than Ronaldo. Ronaldo literally bossed around a top top RM squad including one of the best strikers, Benzema. What did they do? they understood his ego and worked together to achieve success. Our British players aren't even that good. If they complained about Ronaldo it's them complaining about themselves. But that's understandable because the fact is they're not good enough.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Interesting article: https://www.nettavisen.no/sport/hev...rupperinger-i-united-garderoben/s/5-95-468330

Google translate:

Players dread going to work
The editor of united.no, Dag Langerød, believes, however, that what Ronaldo does on the pitch does not overshadow the unrest he creates in the United locker room. Langerød says that he has heard from several sources in Manchester United, that Ronaldo is helping to create so much horror that people are afraid to go to work.

[…] From what I've heard, Ronaldo is a big part of the problem. Langerød says that Ronaldo is a big part of the clique that takes place in the locker room, at the same time as he and the others in the Portuguese's gang talk condescendingly about other players on the team.

- It's as if you are in a workplace where you have a very capable colleague, but who is an asshole.

According to Langerød, Manchester United will regret that they bought Cristiano Ronaldo

[…] Langerød finds it difficult to share this information, and says that he fully understands that people are upset that someone in his position has these opinions.

- Those who create trouble are often very good at saying the right things in the media. Ordinary people see Ronaldo score goals and say the right things, but internally the perception is completely different.
END.

Haven’t found other articles about “Ronaldo behaves like an "asshole" towards teammates”.

Some truth in this? I've had my suspicions for a while:
COnfirmation bias in action on your part much?

OrcaFat

Stop beating around the bush. If Ronaldo has disrupted the "harmony" by calling for higher standards, and players to improve their work ethic. Does it reflect badly on him? Or the players who are upset by him?

You are not as slick as you think you are, you want to peddle the narrative that Ronaldo killed our season. At least, be up front about it.

It’s an Ole piece for sure.

But, I do think his signing has ruffled the feathers in the dressing room who’ve been too comfortable in just finishing in CL places every season. I clearly remember, first time he spoke after Newcastle match. He called for more self-belief, and that they should be competing for Premier League and not just Top 4. Fast forward, two months later, before we played Liverpool. He spoke about younger players, and how they have it too easy.

I really believe he’s upset the apple-cart in the dressing room and that’s why so many of our players look so miserable, some of them don’t even celebrate our goals. Now, one can debate whether we’d be better off signing Ronaldo? Players would be a lot more comfortable and therefore play a lot better. But, I think it’s a good thing that his signing has exposed the players with a weak mentality and poor attitude in our squad. And, that helps us immensely in long term.

Which is why, those who’re trying to spin this narrative of Ronaldo being a problem in dressing room are oblivious to the long-term effects of it. It’ll weed out the bad culture. Without him, maybe we’d be in CL places, and Ole would still be here, and some of the players in miserable form would be playing a lot better. But, we’d be heading no where or gaining on City/Pool.

This season has been painful, but I genuinely believe we can take a lot of positives out of it given it has exposed some deep lying problems within the club. If his signing was the catalyst for it all? Then we’ve thrown away a season, but we have clarity over future ones.
Yes this all makes sense to me. I’m looking forward to finding out who survives the summer when ETH begins the cull.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
If ETH has a use for him, and can prove to Ronaldo that progress will be made over the next two seasons then maybe Ronnie will take a punt and stay? It's not as if there's many CL clubs that would he would move to purely because they're in in the CL?

He might be willing to stay and be part of a rebuild for a couple of years? CL placing next season and a decent cup/league run next year followed by a 2023/2024 season (maybe his last) as his final swansong where he bangs in goals and we potentially reach the QF/SF? I'm sure he's under no illusions that his finest moments (and, fecking hell, they were pretty spectacular) are past him. So adding a "father of the rebuild" title to go with his belt made up of many accomplishments might be rather appealing...

Dve

What´s going on in the dressing room, I have no idea, but from all the reports, something looks not to be right. It´s hard to understand how we went from dominating Liverpool in both games last season, to looking like a Championship side this season, especially of late. And it's not just the English players (Maguire, Shaw and Rashford in particular) that have been underperforming, it goes for Fernandes and Pogba as well. The only of the regulars from last season who havn't been constantly shit, is Fred, Matic, De Gea and perhaps Lindelöf, while McTominay has been on and off. Just can't get my head around it.

AFC NimbleThumb

True or not, this squad is the most dislikable rabble.

The biggest problem I see from a birds eye view is you drop Ronaldo/Varane/to a lesser extent Sancho who won a cup in Germany into a squad full of overpaid never has beens & insecurity sets in. This squad showed themselves for multiple years in a row, losing games that mattered & were indulged due to the goodwill towards OgS.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Great player doesn't like playing with scrubs. More news at 11.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
This sounds like some sort of weird slash fiction... at some point are Ronaldo and the player he's bullying going to kiss?

NewYorkRed

Always did wonder who would win in a fight between a goat and a bunch of pussy(cat)s. Guess I have my answer.

Honestly, who ferking cares. This is probably nonsense.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Should have created a more bombastic headline to be fair. Ronaldo sent United's angry patriotic players into Davy Jones' locker and theyre not happy with it, moreso now that The Flyin' Dutchman is about to take over the club.

Kramer

Our British players are a bunch of losers with inflated egos, on massive wages. If they've been marginalised I'm glad. Hopefully they all leave.
Basically this. Close thread

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

And some how you think our lad would play brilliant again? And this whole lump is caused by Ronaldo alone?

So rashford stopped running because he didnt get invited to whatsapp group?

Jeffchin

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Me neither but I’m glad he’s upset the Apple cart to this extent that we can weed out some of the overpaid previously untouchable players. I can understand how something like a major shift in the dressing room would occur with someone like Ronaldo and Varane arriving and taking over. The cold fact is they are the only ones who’ve won anything in this club. For better or worse. Players who sulk when challenged are clearly not the answer.
Yes please. If the article is true then thank you Ronaldo.