Ronaldo & Maguire power struggle

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Wow look how sinister Ronaldo’s look is in that photo. This is serious.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I just realized that Ronaldo never had a greek teammate? He is probably regretting it right now.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Every day new Man United gossip, easy money for jounalists.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Should outright ban the Mirror, they've not had a single positive thing to say on us all season and 99% of their stories can't be proven to be true, so they just make it up.

Red Rash

Let's be honest, Maguire hasn't really shown any leadership traits in his time as captain.

He never really seems to influence the team and his own performances have been really bad this season. Wouldn't be against giving someone else the Captain's armband and see if the reduced pressure would help Maguire to perform better.

Rolaholic

I'd have a problem as well if I were in his shoes having been at the club during it's golden years seeing the caliber of skippers we had over those years then looking at our current one who doesn't lead by example and has literally been one of our worst players.

It would be feckless from someone like Ronaldo going along as if everything is fine and dandy

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Should outright ban the Mirror, they've not had a single positive thing to say on us all season and 99% of their stories can't be proven to be true, so they just make it up.
Not really how it works. The journalist is also pretty decent for stories on us generally.

Classical Mechanic

He’s just pulled the story from Falk. Can anyone really take the supposed United source serious when they’re saying

Originally, Ronaldo was asking players to back Harry. But the problem is the manager now wants Ronaldo to mentor all these younger players.

“That’s left Harry in no man’s land, as he’s the captain and having to say and follow whatever Ronaldo says, to keep everything sweet.”

It doesn’t even make any sense

Irwin99

It's 99% BS but on the off chance it's not then Ronnie would get my support (although i'm not a Maguire hater btw). A player that's actually done wonderful things for the club, is almost psychopathic about winning and glory and has been described as a born leader has a bit more credit than a guy who's done very little in his career to be honest and looks unnerved by the captaincy. Even Bruno, who has won nothing with the club has dragged us through some tough times, i would be inclined to say is more of a leader.

good job this news is almost certainly rubbish :D

Red For Ever

Whatever you think about either of them, the management decides who the Captain is, not any of the players.
No one including Ronaldo should come in and after half season decide he is the Captain.

But I doubt this claim is actually accurate, just how the Media are making it sound

El Zoido

He’s just pulled the story from Falk. Can anyone really take the supposed United source serious when they’re saying

Originally, Ronaldo was asking players to back Harry. But the problem is the manager now wants Ronaldo to mentor all these younger players.

“That’s left Harry in no man’s land, as he’s the captain and having to say and follow whatever Ronaldo says, to keep everything sweet.”

I’m not saying it’s true, but it does make sense. Maguire is the official captain but Ronaldo is the leader. Everyone has to listen to Ronaldo, because he’s the only proper winner in the squad. So what’s Harry gonna do about it? He’s captain but has no power and cannot command respect.

To be honest in the process of writing this I’m coming round to the idea that there’s some truth behind it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I mean… there is no smoke without fire. This is like the third or fourth separate time this sort of thing has been raised by the media this season.

So much for this being the most likeable side we’ve had since SAF retired

Dante

Average bang
I’m pretty confident it’s not. These things are never completely untrue no matter what denials come out.
If someone told you pigs can fly and I told you they can't, that doesn't necessarily mean the truth is somewhere in the middle.

This is rubbish.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The article doesn't even make any sense.

Why would Ronaldo be tasked with mentoring every single young player and why would that mean Maguire can't be captain? How does this constitute a "row"?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If someone told you pigs can fly and I told you they can't, that doesn't necessarily mean the truth is somewhere in the middle.

This is rubbish.
:lol:
Believe what you want but this will be true. It’s very obvious there are big differences of opinions in the dressing room. Club is completely fractured. Ronaldo coming has completely upset the balance, rightly or wrongly.

Idxomer

The same pattern as the other guy from the dailymail, they take a rumor or a part of an interview and they put their own bullshit on it.

JPRouve

Scout

This is rubbish.
I mean, pigs can jump which is literally the middle.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
More nonsense that they know our fans will lap up.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
At one point we had all of the likes of Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Giggs, Neville, Rooney, Carrick etc. in the same team, all of whom at one point or another were captain (either permanently or temporarily). No issues. Hell even forgetting ourselves, other teams have formalised leadership groups, with four or five people put in leadership roles at the same time. Because generally if you're an actual leader then you don't need to wear an armband to prove it to people, nor do you feel so insecure about your place on the group that this sort of pettiness develops.

If there was any truth in this (and I'm assuming there isn't) it'd be stupid beyond belief.

Made all the more stupid by the fact that there's a strong argument that we'd be better off starting next season with neither Maguire nor Ronaldo in the team, let alone captaining it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bet the players piss themselves over this sort of nonsense.

Maguire is a strange mix of tough brute force centre back and fringe swishing fop though.

JPRouve

Scout
Bet the players piss themselves over this sort of nonsense.

Maguire is a strange mix of tough brute force centre back and fringe swishing fop though.
I don't know what that means but it sounds accurate.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We need to stop giving these stories the attention - it only breeds more fake news and allows the dark cloud of negativity linger longer.

Marwood

I mean… there is no smoke without fire. This is like the third or fourth separate time this sort of thing has been raised by the media this season.

So much for this being the most likeable side we’ve had since SAF retired
There is in sports journalism.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I dont really agree on too much but if the players think Maguire is a shit captain, I am on board