Ronaldo Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Ronaldo scoring another pen, he forced the pen after slipping the ball on to Raul which resulted in a foul.

Owen can score from open plays whilst Ronaldo would've scored sod all if not for the concept called penalty in football.

All hail boywonder.
You don't like Ronaldo but follow his matches?:confused:

Anyway thanks for filling me in

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
You don't like Ronaldo but follow his matches?:confused:

Anyway thanks for filling me in
Just because I rate Messi higher than Ronaldo shouldnt mean I hate Ronaldo.

Search for a Ronaldo thread in the same forum after our FA cup loss to Arsenal.

I predicted, he would end up as the best player in the world in two years time, ridiculed by all Rooney fans.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Just because I rate Messi higher than Ronaldo shouldnt mean I hate Ronaldo.

Search for a Ronaldo thread in the same forum after our FA cup loss to Arsenal.

I predicted, he would end up as the best player in the world in two years time, ridiculed by all Rooney fans.
My bad, reading that thread I somehow got the idea you despised him. Rooney and Ronaldo were amazing that game, they both put in a world class performance that confirmed what we always knew about them.

I still don't know how we lost that game, actually rather not talk about it!

championo

Top Stalker
Hmmm... Perez better work on this defense. First of all, they can't defend set pieces but that is not their number one problem at the back.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Who's playing alongside Tiago in the centre of midfield, can't make him out in the bad stream

championo

Top Stalker
Watching this, some of you have been spot on, When Benzema gets the ball, he shoots, When Rooney gets the ball, he draws players to himself, and provide a sweet sweet assist to ....

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Is it just me or do when either of these teams lose the ball they fall back on fouling?

Who is on the field for those cnuts anyway?

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
I find it quite funny that many United supporters claim that his heart wasn't in it last season and that his performances on the pitch suffered because of that. He's exactly the same for Madrid, good game, but still not at his best. He's surely off to Madrid...

...wait, he's already at Madrid!

Twisted_Woody

Scout
I find it quite funny how many of our supporters claim that his heart wasn't in it last season and that his performances on the pitch suffered because of that. He's exactly the same for Madrid, good game, but still not at his best. He's surely off to Madrid...

To be fair we can't say that until the season is well and truly underway. This is still preseason.

vijay

First decent team Real Madrid came across and they got skittled.

Benzema is clearly isnt worth the hype, he's no Henry he offers nothing if he drops a bit deep, never a type of player who can hold the ball up and bring others into play. It should take two or three seasons for him to establish himself among the best.

Ronaldo did well, though he was comfortable whenever he had the ball but lacked support form his team mates, it was a well taken penalty.

Also Accidrenthe should probably end up as the worst player ever bought by Real Madrid's shirt.

vijay

I find it quite funny that many United supporters claim that his heart wasn't in it last season and that his performances on the pitch suffered because of that. He's exactly the same for Madrid, good game, but still not at his best. He's surely off to Madrid...

"His heart was not there" is a rubbish statement invented by our resident muppets that invades the match day rating threads but clearly he wasnt enjoying him self on the pitch last season, partly to the reason we didnt play our best attacking football with our passing and movement often going awry.

In todays match only Ronaldo along with Guti and Raul showed some character.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
To be fair we can't say that until the season is well and truly underway. This is still preseason.
Well, he might gain some form again and his game will improve because of that.

But it's clear that he's not in form right now, like last season. It had nothing to do with Real Madrid, this guy never gave less than 100% on the pitch.

He has a dip in form, he had that when he was with us, he has it when he's with Portugal, he has it now that he is with Real Madrid. People slagged him off because they thought his heart wasn't in it anymore, but it has nothing to do with any clubs. He played two years on a very high level and it's not unusual that you have a slight dip in form after that. It had never anything to do with Real Madrid and his intention to move.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
First decent team Real Madrid came across and they got skittled.

Benzema is clearly isnt worth the hype, he's no Henry he offers nothing if he drops a bit deep, never a type of player who can hold the ball up and bring others into play. It should take two or three seasons for him to establish himself among the best.

Ronaldo did well, though he was comfortable whenever he had the ball but lacked support form his team mates, it was a well taken penalty.

Also Accidrenthe should probably end up as the worst player ever bought by Real Madrid's shirt.
Please man, stop embarrassing yourself.You're writting off a player when it's only early pre-season for him.How fecking retarded is that to even compare him to a senior player like Henry.
Do you even think before you post ?

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
His heart was not there is a rubbish statement invented by our resident muppets that invades the match day rating threads but clearly he wasnt enjoying him self on the pitch last season, partly to the reason we didnt play our best attacking football with our passing and movement often going awry.

Todays match he along with Guti and Raul only showed some character.
I'm with you here. I didn't say he enjoyed himself when he was with us, because he was quite clearly frustrated with his own form and the form of the team. But it had never anything to do with Real Madrid in the first place - this is what I'm trying to say.

Yes, he was today one of Real's few players who really cared. But then again, he was the same with us. Carling Cup, FA-Cup, Premier League - he always showed ambition.

vijay

Please man, stop embarrassing yourself.You're writting off a player when it's only early pre-season for him.How fecking retarded is that to even compare him to a senior player like Henry.
Do you even think before you post ?
:lol:

You were the one who claimed not long back Benzema is all set to become one of the greatest of his generation.

We would see!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Lucky the whistle went when it did - another 5 minutes and Ronaldo would have had his first red card of the season. Good lad. :D

Awful pitch, any sudden stops or turns and a lump of it fell off.

Madrid can't defend setpieces, not even nearly. Though with 3 out of 4 first choice defenders + Casillas missing, and a month to go before the season starts they've got time to improve.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
:lol:

You are the one who claimed not long back Benzema is all set to become one of the greatest of his generation.

We would see!
Whether or not Benzema will become one of the greatest of his generation doesn't matter - you simply can't write off a 21 year-old player based on a pre-season game. It's a friendly, he's only 21 years old, it's his first year in a new league. It might take one year until he adapts and he still wouldn't be rubbish.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Whether or not Benzema will become one of the greatest of his generation doesn't matter - you simply can't write off a 21 year-old player based on a pre-season game. It's a friendly, he's only 21 years old, it's his first year in a new league. It might take one year until he adapts and he still wouldn't be rubbish.
Yes, a little bit of sense never hurts

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Strictly for the folks who've still got a soft spot for the lad.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2566722/Cristiano-Ronaldos-jibe-at-Oasis.html

Joker ... Ronaldo
The Real Madrid star has been locked in a rib-tickling exchange with the Manc lads after he revealed his desire to get them to play a private gig.

NOEL replied that he always knew the Portuguese winger had great taste but the £80million world record signing would never be able to afford them.

I have nothing but respect for Ronaldo for playing ball by chipping in yet again with a put-down Mr Big would have been proud of.

He said: "If Noel or Liam want to let me know what they charge for a private gig, they can give me a call or let you guys know and you can pass the message on.

"I mean it can't be that expensive can it? They're no Ricky Martin."

Live Forever or Living La Vida Loca? No comparison.

Ronaldo was keen to point out the deep pockets at his new club. He added: "If Oasis think we can't afford them they should come to the Madrid training ground and see some of the cars.

"The lads here don't mind spending their money. If I explained to the boys how good Oasis are, I think we could get a whip round going and come up with the fee pretty easily.

"I think KAKA would love them. He has very good taste." Ronaldo originally said he thought Oasis were the best British band of all time, far better than THE BEATLES.

He said he would love to have the Gallaghers over to the Bernabeu to see his first La Liga mega match, Real Madrid v Barcelona.

Ronaldo added: "As for the Real Madrid v Barca tickets, we can sort them out no problem, but I would have to insist that they closed with Champagne Supernova. For that I will make sure they are in seats on the halfway line.

"You can let them know that I won't be coming to their beloved City as well.

"I love it here in Madrid and there will only ever be one club in Manchester for me."

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
El-Classico is the fixture list opener...?
End of November for the game in Barcelona.
April in Madrid.

So they've got time to practise defending setpieces. They'll have to. I've just read that 50% of all corners/final third freekicks against them in the Peace Cup matches led to goals or shots on target. I don't know if that's literally true - but it might well be, all 5 of the goals against them have come from setpiece headers.

Rahul

Don't know if this has been posted, but this is a horrific tackle on Ronnie. Could have been a much worse outcome from this. That other lad is lucky to stay on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.