Rooney Charged: Faces Two Match Ban for cursing | Appeal lost

SATA

Of course he would have played a semi final against city!
And we should appeal no matter what, we should never accept that shite ban.
Maybe on the bench at the most

He's probably going to be upfront alone working his socks off against Chelsea 3 days before and after in between the FA semi

Canuckred64

So he is facing a two game suspension.

If the appeal is unsuccessful he will miss United's league game at home to Fulham and the FA Cup semi-final against Manchester City.

Man-United

Why just a 2 game ban? They didn't think a normal 1 game ban would have been enough but so desperate want him to miss the city game?

phelans shorts

You married to the FA? Seem to be really sticking up for them. Got nothing to do with conspiracy and entirely knowing how the FA work based on experience - if we dare to challenge this absurd ruling then he'll get done for frivolous appeal. Am sure at that point you'll then take it upon yourself to say well it was stupid to appeal and the original FA decision was the right one.

We aren't going to appeal this because otherwise he'll miss 2 league games.
Your the one claiming there's a conspiracy, it's fecking cringeworthy!

Man-United

Maybe on the bench at the most

He's probably going to be upfront alone working his socks off against Chelsea 3 days before and after in between the FA semi
The semi are 4 days after the second leg.

Shimo

There is no consistency in that argument.

The difference, as you say, is becasue he said it right down the camera.
So what? All the players on the pitch also know the camera is on them. Whether he does it directly looking at the camera or not shouldn't matter.

The rule is foul and abusive language. Not foul and abusive language while looking straight at the camera. Overall I think we have a strong case on appeal but, shouldn't risk it because FA will not care because the charge in itself is beyond reason, so why would they listen to reason?

The club / Rooney should accept the charge and then go about lambasting in public the hypocrisy of the FA having not charged numerous other players for the same incident. Make a long compilation of players using foul and abusive language, Pepe Reina at the forefront on the same weekend. Highlight the rule does not state you can't use foul and abusive language only if you are directly in front of the camera.

CantonaVeron

It doesn't matter if the behaviour of the camera man was acceptable or not. What matters is Rooney's behaviour. He wasn't forced to aggressively shout abuse down the camera. Most reasonable people would not consider that reasonable behaviour regardless of the environment, let alone a Premier League football match being beamed around the world to a family audience. I don't think it's the image football wants to portray, hence the ban. There is no great injustice here.

The Caf should move on and refrain from degrading itself with embarrassing conspiracy theories and RAWK-like displays of victim mentality.
feck off you stupid prick, you have an agenda against Rooney we all know that.

Every person in this country swears, you can go from primary school to high school to college, uni, work retirement and you will find that. The point is players swear all the time often when they are celebrating, this is a bigger joke than yellow cards for celebrating a goal by taking your shirt off or going into the fans if you don't like it don't watch. The FA are determined to screw us over this is just added to the list. Martinez ref bent, redknapp ref bent, grant ref ben all got nothing Ferguson ref useless 5 match ban. Man City player misses drug test two week fine, Rio 8 month ban it goes on.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
"If anger makes Wayne Rooney brilliant, he can swear as much as he likes."

"If the FA wants to stop swearing being broadcast it should keep microphones out of players' faces during matches"

Guardian

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
I think the majority find alot of your own contributions on here embarrassing and attention seeking in the sense you seem to enjoy shit stirring.
It's interesting that you think going against majority opinion is attention seeking and shit stirring.

What a nasty and dull little forum this would be if you had your way.

Man-United

I'd rather see him miss that semi-final than not having him for an away game in the league.
Same here, but I think we just must appeal because the ban is a joke, a big joke that cannot be accepted by the club and Rooney.

gaffs

How many times do you hear goalscorers and team mates effing and jeffing during celebrations/scuffles when the cameras get close? Countless. Sky should not even have such close access for starters, the camaraman was on the field of play FFS.

Absolute inconsistent nonsense from our governing body again. They are pretty much a puppet getting their strings pulled by the media these days. I've never heard of such bollocks such as getting charged for swearing during a game. I'd have thought SAF swearing in an interview a few years ago a more severe offence than this.

The world is turning into a communist state and a soft arse PC one at that.
Swearing directly down the camera is very different than swearing during a celebration.

Agree that the FA are reacting to the media. Though our players need to realise that because they play for United, they will always be under the spotlight. The club knew that Rooney had made a mistake because they issued a apology.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
It doesn't matter if the behaviour of the camera man was acceptable or not. What matters is Rooney's behaviour. He wasn't forced to aggressively shout abuse down the camera. Most reasonable people would not consider that reasonable behaviour regardless of the environment, let alone a Premier League football match being beamed around the world to a family audience. I don't think it's the image football wants to portray, hence the ban. There is no great injustice here.

The Caf should move on and refrain from degrading itself with embarrassing conspiracy theories and RAWK-like displays of victim mentality.
Give over...you're having us on here aren't you! :D

I didn't hear anything during the match except for the Sky commentator apologising to us in case we heard any bad language. Had to go back and replay it afterwards with the volume up. Even then it wasn't anything to write home about. Could barely hear him. Had to replay it 4 times to work out everything he said. Did you hear it?

Shimo

Your the one claiming there's a conspiracy, it's fecking cringeworthy!
Do you understand the word conspiracy? I said it last night he'll get charged. It's simply understanding the climate and the mood the FA is in regards to United at the moment. You keep changing your tune to back the FA as each moment passes. First is they won't charge him, now it's the right thing but, it will get overturned on appeal. Only thing cringeworthy here is your bum licking of the FA.

WireRed

It's got nothing to do with communism either. Do you write for the Mail?:lol:
No freedom of speech or actions is permitted nowadays. That's why we get bored to death of robotic, cliched, do no wrong individuals. That is as regimented as it gets, next we'll be sending them down the mines as punishment.

Man-United

How pathetic of the FA to ban Grant, that would never have happened if it was not for Fergie's five games.

Feedingseagulls

What, then, should the FA do about Reina's foul language that was clearly caught?

In a condition of very high emotion it is not surprising that a working-class lad would ask a question about the reason for being further provoked by a cameraman (after being continually insulted by the crowd) using his natural form of 'decoration' - an expletive.

Far more swearing comes from the crowd at every game, than from the pitch - that's the reality of football - the sanitised version is a myth.

rednev

feck off you stupid prick, you have an agenda against Rooney we all know that.

Every person in this country swears, you can go from primary school to high school to college, uni, work retirement and you will find that. The point is players swear all the time often when they are celebrating, this is a bigger joke than yellow cards for celebrating a goal by taking your shirt off or going into the fans if you don't like it don't watch. The FA are determined to screw us over this is just added to the list. Martinez ref bent, redknapp ref bent, grant ref ben all got nothing Ferguson ref useless 5 match ban. Man City player misses drug test two week fine, Rio 8 month ban it goes on.
What makes you think it's acceptable for you to tell me to feck off?

My opinion is different from yours. That does not make me a prick, and it doesn't give you the right to tell me to feck off.

You need to learn some decorum.

Kelvin

The FA can feck off and die. 2 game ban for 1 bad word? I really hope SAF rips into them for this pathetic ruling.
i hope so but then the FA will charge Fergie for insulting their intergrity knowing our luck.:rolleyes:....

TheReligion

Abusive
It's interesting that you think going against majority opinion is attention seeking and shit stirring.

What a nasty and dull little forum this would be if you had your way.
Problem is, you seem to do if only to be controversial if anything else.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Is it even legal to increase a punishment for daring to appeal???????

Doesn't that remove the right to a fair appeal???

rednev

What, then, should the FA do about Reina's foul language that was clearly caught?

In a condition of very high emotion it is not not surprising that a working-class lad would ask a question about the reason for being further provoked by a cameraman (after being continually insulted by the crowd) using his natural form of 'decoration' - an expletive.

Far more swearing comes from the crowd at every game, than from the pitch - that's the reality of football - the sanitised version is a myth.
There's a difference between a player being caught on camera swearing on the pitch and deliberately swearing down a camera.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Ehhhh.

Let's just win the treble.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
What makes you think it's acceptable for you to tell me to feck off?

My opinion is different from yours. That does not make me a prick, and it doesn't give you the right to tell me to feck off.

You need to learn some decorum.
Let the mods deal with it rednev. That's what we're here for.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
A conspiracy has to be subtle, the lengths the F.A. go to hinder and punish United is so overt it's more of a fact.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
fecking hell, that is unbelievable.