Rooney Dropped | Megathread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilRed

Dont understand the big deal.

Ryan Giggs was almost sold to Italy when he was 29 according to these pundits. In the end he recreated himself and became an excellent contributor for title winning teams.

The same is happening for Rooney. He will get his chances but maybe needs to sacrifice for the team more and not play in a role that requires him to run with pace. Midfield (or even as an industrious winger) is where his future lies.

krombacher92

Expected some kind of photoshopped Rooney picture similar to the "van Gaal sacked" thread. :(

Rockets Redglare

He was a beast even when Fergie retired.
He really wasn't. He was twice the player he is now but he was still massively on the slide.
People forget how good he was in his prime and how far he had slipped by the end of Fergie's reign.

Born2Lose

He was a beast even when Fergie retired.
“In my final year … I felt he was struggling to get by people and had lost of his old thrust,” wrote Ferguson in his autobiography. “But he was capable of making extraordinary contributions … as time wore on, I felt he struggled more and more to do it for 90 minutes, and he seemed to tire in games.”

Born2Lose

This is as much a test of Rooney as anyone else, if he's really the player the Rooney "lovers" claim then he'll put his head down and work harder to get his place back in the team.

TsuWave

I'm ecstatic :drool: now hopefully the boys grab the win and we can move on without him in the team from here on out. Its unfortunate that some important players are injured tho.

Mike09

I have read so many posts on this forum before the season is started, and I think that starting eleven is majority red cafe fan boi favourite starting eleven especially Pogba, Herrera and Mata. Surely no matter what the results are Caf will still be happy and have no moaning with that.

Sparky10Legend

You said 2013.....this is donkeys years ago.

May as well post a video of Charlton's half volley firecracker at dipper central in 68ish

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Finally! Let's hope we win this match convincingly or else the issues in the team run just deeper than Rooney.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
This was 100% coming and anyone who couldn't see it should stop following football. I would seriously question the bottle on a manager if he started Rooney today.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Needs to stick with this decision regardless of today's performance/result.
Absolutely. Just need to ride out any media storm etc. We can't run the club like that. Needs to continue building irrespective of the result here.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Saying Rooney was shit when we last won the league says it all about some posters on this forum

Dé jonge god

One game doesn't mean anything. The team needs a few consecutive games together without Rooney getting in the way and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.