Rooney Dropped | Megathread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smores

Keys is definitely attention seeking. Rooney hasnt earned to be above selection on form, no player has at this club.

Spaniel

Well, it's happened. I have a feeling that the penny has finally dropped for the manager and the players. Fully expect the team to respond and turn in decent performances from now on in. Really really looking forward to the game today. Only reservation is playing Rashford wide. I would have him through the middle. But what the feck do I know? Come on lads, let's see some pace, desire and a win.

Man-United

Yeah, Rooney was so fantastic in 2012-13 that he was dropped in the Real Madrid game.. and subbed plenty of times during that season.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The media reaction to it is exactly why we need to get him the feck out of the club as fast as possible.

Shark

@NotShark
While what Neville is saying about Mata needing to take his chance is true, if we don't play well without Rooney it also doesn't mean he isn't finished at this level.

arthurka

I think Klinsmann had it spot on when Lakers gave Kobe that 2 year 50 million contract.. Sport has no room for sentiment, you shouldn't treat players for what they did but for what they can do. And sadly Rooney hasnt done much to be anywhere else than on the bench.. Now stick to this Mou..

Ixion

:lol: Treated which way? Like any other player? Rooney isn't even a special player anymore, that time has passed, he should be treated like the rest of the squad.

Ash_G

The sad thing for Rooney is that he's been indulged for 3 seasons now. If he'd been benched for period when he was 27/28 I imagine he'd be a better player. I don't think he's not trying but I think he's been given too much leeway and so his expectation of what he needs to give performance wise is really out of sync with the reality.

Parry Gallister

Sorry... Has Rooney been refused entry into the stadium or something? He got bloody dropped because he's playing crap. Dear God have a word with yourself, Richard!
He's on the bench, not even totally out of the squad for the match. It's ridiculous.

Todd

The sad part is, Rooney is really the one getting the last laugh here.

Still collects his enormous paycheck for the week, and may not even have to work

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yes, surely CF for one of the biggest clubs in the world should be scoring 20 as a minimum?
Looking at the premier league and players that play behind the strikers, being involved in 22 goals is by no means the average mate

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Looking at the premier league and players that play behind the strikers, being involved in 22 goals is by no means the average mate
Martial scored 17 last year, in his debut season. I would expect a lot more from Rooney.

Smithy_123

I have a feeling Rooney is the type of person who wants us to lose today to be vindicated.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Unbelievable that it took a manager this long. Now Mourinho just needs to be more consistent with his selection and keep him on the bench.

The exclusion of Fellaini in the holding midfield role has also benefited our game.

Ventura

He was also benched one time last season and came on at half time. His form then picked up slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.