Rooney Praises the Glazers

Strootman's Finger

"Firstly, I think the Glazers have done a fantastic job, they've been at the club for, well they signed me in 2004, so they've been at the club for 20 years now and I think they've always allowed managers to bring the players in they want," Rooney told ESPN.

"I think it's clear the fans want change and obviously it looks like the Glazers are open for that change to come with putting the club up for sale and receiving the bids they have received, so hopefully they get the right people in. And it's people who are going to try to move the club forward."

Article

Why are our former players so out of touch with the fans?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Footballers just seem to live in their own bubble

He doesn’t even know they came in after he was signed

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Why have him and Ronaldo done this to us?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Love Rooney, but he seems a bit dumb at times. Some of those lines look straight out of Michael Owen media textbook.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Intelligence was never a highpoint for Rooney.

Great footballer but thick as pig shit.

AaronRedDevil

Wouldn't pay much attention to those words tbh. He's probably just playing nice tillr they feck off

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Well he was never a clever guy to start with.

JagUTD

Rooney was an employee and was rewarded handsomely by them. So from his perspective they probably were fine.

As fans we see it completely differently. Rooney will have a connection to United but he's not a fan like we are.

Nothing to get worked up over. Fergie would probably have similar thoughts.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why have him and Ronaldo done this to us?
Ronaldo at least said the Glazers don't care about the club.

Rooney is the one who tried to leave citing a lack of top signings, then comes out with utter nonsense years later. Dim beyond belief.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rooney was an employee and was rewarded handsomely by them. So from his perspective they probably were fine.

As fans we see it completely differently. Rooney will have a connection to United but he's not a fan like we are.

Nothing to get worked up over. Fergie would probably have similar thoughts.
The point is he DIDN'T think like this when trying to engineer a transfer. Back then the club weren't competing in the transfer market as he wished.

C'est Moi Cantona

It's praise to a degree, but I'd say the second paragraph is him saying they are now the wrong people for the club, have done the right thing putting it up for sale, and their time is up now.
I'd read it as just say a couple of nice things, but make it clear that they have to follow this through now.

Like a hostage saying some nice things to try and get their captor to follow through with releasing them.

Chief123

"Firstly, I think the Glazers have done a fantastic job, they've been at the club for, well they signed me in 2004, so they've been at the club for 20 years now and I think they've always allowed managers to bring the players in they want," Rooney told ESPN.

"I think it's clear the fans want change and obviously it looks like the Glazers are open for that change to come with putting the club up for sale and receiving the bids they have received, so hopefully they get the right people in. And it's people who are going to try to move the club forward."

Article

Why are our former players so out of touch with the fans?
He really is a bit dense. He signed a year before the Glazers took over.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I doubt Glazers even knew in 2004 who Rooney was. They probably found out about him and Ronaldo after the Fulham game to start the 2006/07 season.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Rooney is actually quite clever and diplomatic I reckon. People just thought he was thick because he was around as a 16 year old and all his mistakes were public. Plus he had Gazza drinking vibes and a scouse accent.

Chief123

Intelligence was never a highpoint for Rooney.

Great footballer but thick as pig shit.
I always find it so fascinating when you see footballers who can have incredible intelligence on a football pitch, but off the pitch they have a dormant brain.

AshRK

Great player but dumb personality. Proves again why he isn't the smartest one.

JagUTD

The point is he DIDN'T think like this when trying to engineer a transfer. Back then the club weren't competing in the transfer market as he wished.
Ultimately though his main aim wasn't for them to buy better players or for him to move to City, but to get more money

And that's what he got. For most people, if someone pays you an insane amount of money, you're going to view them somewhat positively.

I also think Rooney's being quite smart, he's quite diplomatic these days which will likely serve him well in his managerial career.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ultimately though his main aim wasn't for them to buy better players or for him to move to City, but to get more money

And that's what he got. For most people, if someone pays you an insane amount of money, you're going to view them somewhat positively.

I also think Rooney's being quite smart, he's quite diplomatic these days which will likely serve him well in his managerial career.
Yep, he refused to slate Derby's dodgy dealings either when manager there. Clearly leaving a move to City open later on.

Strootman's Finger

Rooney is actually quite clever and diplomatic I reckon. People just thought he was thick because he was around as a 16 year old and all his mistakes were public. Plus he had Gazza drinking vibes and a scouse accent.
Yeah, I don't think so.

Apokalips

This is real? Hilarious! This should settle some of the people who think footballers would have issues with specific owners coming in due to human rights issues...some of them probably don't even know where Qatar is or what day it is!

predator

Youth NITK
I love Wayne and to be fair the club did have much success under the Glazers, especially throughout the majority of Rooneys United career but he's fecked up on this one.