Rooney responds.

Ludens the Red

Both great posts. The abuse Rooney and also other former players like Giggs, Neville and Scholes get on here is pretty sad to see.
Yes he needs to be dropped but the vile stuff that is written here makes me think I'm on bluemoon at times.
Iv spoken out against some of the abuse Giggs got on here when he was Am but it's not anywhere near the level Rooney gets(certainly not enough to cast a bad light on the forum) and I'd never speak out against it because I hold Giggs, Scholes and Neville in far higher regard than Rooney.
Not sure I've seen too much Nevile and Scholes abuse, the criticism they do get usually stems from yeah you guessed it, their stance on Wayne Rooney.

ravi2

I agree with your general point. Giving a player like him this kind of shit is pretty over the top and at times embarrassing.

I thought that united fans would be a bit more tolerance/respectful to club legends/greats well based on nothing obviously. But, I was dead wrong at least on here. Rooney, Giggs, Scholes, P/G neville etc.
Not nearly as embarrassing as your post.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Said it before, but if someone can't see why Rooney gets the type of criticism he gets, then that person cannot be reasoned with. And anyone who actually thinks Rooney has something valuable to offer as a player don't realistically want United to succeed.

The United

What kind of shit? And what form of criticism do you actually think is acceptable and tolerant?

Do you think we should all be giving him the benefit of the doubt? Or do you think we should direct all anger at the manager?
A bit of criticism is fine because everyone can do with some.

But, every shit is turning into rooney being shit while the issue why we are being in this kind of situation is much much bigger than a player being shit.

wr8_utd

:'(
Once the dust settles over the Rooney era at this club, the very same people who are calling Rooney vile names and going about abusing him/wishing him injury/sending him to China, will be the ones telling their kids and grandchildren that they saw our highest ever goal scorer play for United. I hope his legendary career for us is what is remembered and not the latter years and the abuse.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Once the dust settles over the Rooney era at this club, the very same people who are calling Rooney vile names and going about abusing him/wishing him injury/sending him to China, will be the ones telling their kids and grandchildren that they saw our highest ever goal scorer play for United. I hope his legendary career for us is what is remembered and not the latter years and the abuse.
:lol:

I wish there was an actual club named wr8_utd. Rooney can play for them alone, all his fans can watch him there and we can all get back to watching United try to sort themselves out without having to pander to him.

Djemba-Djemba

Sorry Pogue but it is an incredibly poor post and I am not surprised you are supporting it because you have been totally off the mark when it comes to Rooney for years. Just when it seemed you were regaining some credibility and seeing the wood for the trees on this issue, it seems you're back on the Rooney bandwagon.

How can any self-respecting 'UNITED' fan.. yes United, the team that you are meant to fecking support be on this guys side and buy such a horseshit interview. He is milking this club for all that he can, he couldn't give two flying fecks about the club.. he has zero love for the club, he just wants his money to keep coming in and his legacy secured, which in turn will secure further financial investments. He has no pride in his performance and does not deserve another second on the pitch.

No we do not love a scapegoat, he's fecking shite and has held the club back for years. I have been making thread after thread, pointing this out to all of you and the majority thought I was some sort of idiot with an agenda.. I am not, I love this club and I can't stand it for being taken like a mug by a fat bastard who is way past his best and has no right to play for a premier league club let alone the greatest club in england and one of the greatest in the world alongside the Barca's, Real and Bayerns of this world. He has undermined successive mangement regimes not only with his lack of performances on the pitch but his blinding performances off the pitch through the media.. putting unnecessary pressure on managers ensuring his position remained protected and his endorsements were not at risk.

Turning it around, are you guys seriously deluded?? he hasn't turned it around in three years. He is a busted flush. Can he contribute as a squad player, yes of course he can but does he give a shite about being part of the team and taking a back seat .. no of course he doesn't. Lets see what a great character he is going forwards once he is benched, lets see how nicely he plays the elder squaddie role because mark my words.. this guy is going to show everyone what a true cnut he really is and the 'leaks' were just the beginning.

Pogue you need to wake up and smell the coffee mate, because typical Rooney that he is... will come out with shit interviews like this, strike a few lucky goals in a run of games and all of a sudden you'll be saying how he has proven himself again when the reality is he'll stink up the place for another 3 months after it. Seriously sick and tired of how dumb fans can be on this issue especially posters that have way more sense than they are showing on this particular issue.

You're not Phil Neville, you're better than that.
Brilliant post, highlighted bit especially.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's a good attitude but he should still be dropped for the foreseeable future. Really bad player at the moment

Dinghy

The way you talk about Rooney is as if he's been doing us a favour all these years.
The guy is being paid millions of pounds to play for and captain one of the greatest clubs in the world. Now If you're gonna do that and act like some self satisfying bell end, at least have the decency to put in some half decent performances. And if you can't do that, then don't you fecking dare tell the fans they're talking shit when they question those performances.
Spot on.

Djemba-Djemba

Would he come out with this deluded shite if he thought he was going to get dropped on Saturday?

Starting to worry he's going to start...

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Did the club really think this would be a good PR exercise? 'I think those fans that are criticising me talk rubbish and I don't bother listening to them.' Could he be anymore insulated?
They don't care about the fans and are convinced that we are a bunch of idiots that knows nothing about football.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Analysing anything a thoroughly media trained Rooney says in a pre-arranged interview is beyond pointless.

These threads are little more than back slapping rant stations, at this point. I only hope that this current hyperbolic view of him doesn't end up forever tainting the memory of the genius that came before it. He may be a shadow of his former self now, but he was once capable of such instinctive, explosive brilliance as this...

Aligned with passionate, no nonsense aggression, like this...

He may be a dull irrelevance now, but lets not forgot that he was once one of the most exciting social media presences of his age.

Last edited:

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Analysing anything a thoroughly media trained Rooney says in a pre-arranged interview is beyond pointless.

These threads are little more than back slapping rant stations, at this point. I only hope that this current hyperbolic view of him doesn't end up forever tainting the memory of the genius that came before it. He may be a shadow of his former self now, but he was once capable of such instinctive, explosive brilliance as this...

Aligned with passionate, no nonsense aggression, such as this...

He may be a dull irrelevance now, but lets not forgot that he was once one of the most exciting social media presences of his age.
Had no idea about those tweets :lol:

bugmat

Noticed all the rooney-related threads getting locked quick-time. Stretford posts here or something? Anyway this damage control is about 2 years late. All the leaks about dressing room disharmony etc - the usual bag of tricks. Hope Mou shows them his balls soon.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Noticed all the rooney-related threads getting locked quick-time. Stretford posts here or something? Anyway this damage control is about 2 years late. All the leaks about dressing room disharmony etc - the usual bag of tricks. Hope Mou shows them his balls soon.
It makes sense, though. No need for a million threads in which the same thing gets discussed. Performance thread and one thread on whatever the issue of the day is seems about right.

spwd

Sorry Pogue but it is an incredibly poor post and I am not surprised you are supporting it because you have been totally off the mark when it comes to Rooney for years. Just when it seemed you were regaining some credibility and seeing the wood for the trees on this issue, it seems you're back on the Rooney bandwagon.

How can any self-respecting 'UNITED' fan.. yes United, the team that you are meant to fecking support be on this guys side and buy such a horseshit interview. He is milking this club for all that he can, he couldn't give two flying fecks about the club.. he has zero love for the club, he just wants his money to keep coming in and his legacy secured, which in turn will secure further financial investments. He has no pride in his performance and does not deserve another second on the pitch.

No we do not love a scapegoat, he's fecking shite and has held the club back for years. I have been making thread after thread, pointing this out to all of you and the majority thought I was some sort of idiot with an agenda.. I am not, I love this club and I can't stand it for being taken like a mug by a fat bastard who is way past his best and has no right to play for a premier league club let alone the greatest club in england and one of the greatest in the world alongside the Barca's, Real and Bayerns of this world. He has undermined successive mangement regimes not only with his lack of performances on the pitch but his blinding performances off the pitch through the media.. putting unnecessary pressure on managers ensuring his position remained protected and his endorsements were not at risk.

Turning it around, are you guys seriously deluded?? he hasn't turned it around in three years. He is a busted flush. Can he contribute as a squad player, yes of course he can but does he give a shite about being part of the team and taking a back seat .. no of course he doesn't. Lets see what a great character he is going forwards once he is benched, lets see how nicely he plays the elder squaddie role because mark my words.. this guy is going to show everyone what a true cnut he really is and the 'leaks' were just the beginning.

Pogue you need to wake up and smell the coffee mate, because typical Rooney that he is... will come out with shit interviews like this, strike a few lucky goals in a run of games and all of a sudden you'll be saying how he has proven himself again when the reality is he'll stink up the place for another 3 months after it. Seriously sick and tired of how dumb fans can be on this issue especially posters that have way more sense than they are showing on this particular issue.

Fantastic post.

Great post.

I think you're well off here to be honest. Rooney has never been fully taken to by all United fans, that's a fact, then to hand in two transfer requests and attempt to undermine our greatest ever manager. The love has never been the same for Rooney since.

If you really think the abuse he's getting now is just because "we're not doing well" and that Scholes and Giggs would have suffered similar then you're gravely mistaken.
Giggs and Scholes also weren't picked every single game when their powers were on the wane. They also managed to maintain humility and a decent level of performance when called upon.

Pexbos post sums it up, Rooney is self obsessed, he cares far too much about his image and how he's perceived. It's not the Wayne Rooney of 10 years ago and I don't mean on the pitch.
His mentality and priorities have changed. Again like Pexbo said, he's surrounded by yes men and I think they've poisoned his mentality.

The way you talk about Rooney is as if he's been doing us a favour all these years.
The guy is being paid millions of pounds to play for and captain one of the greatest clubs in the world. Now If you're gonna do that and act like some self satisfying bell end, at least have the decency to put in some half decent performances. And if you can't do that, then don't you fecking dare tell the fans they're talking shit when they question those performances.
And another one.

Red Stone

Wayne Rooney is apparently better at Twitter than he is at football.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Give him full control of his twitter account again and he will be back in form

MDFC Manager

Wow, Wayne. Delusion has set in.

It's also clear that he'll start on the weekend. Nobody has the bollocks to sack him.

stu_1992

Needs to respond on the pitch, otherwise it's all a bit pointless IMO. Not interested in seeing him defend himself with words.

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
If he keeps doing stupid stuff like (allegedly) leaking crap to the press to further his own agenda, then he might be able to do some permanent damage to his legacy.
He's been on a downward trajectory since the first transfer request and seems eager to do his best to piss us off.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Both great posts. The abuse Rooney and also other former players like Giggs, Neville and Scholes get on here is pretty sad to see.
Yes he needs to be dropped but the vile stuff that is written here makes me think I'm on bluemoon at times.
Is there an example of Bluemoon turning on one of their own in such a vicious and ill-informed way? Or do Bluemoon care enough about Rooney to spend that much time trying to think up negative things to say? Don't bother going over there much. Has Bluemoon been taken over by trolls?

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
One of the things he said is absolutely correct.

""I don't really listen to what a lot of people out there are saying, because a lot of it is rubbish.""

If you want proof of that just go look at any thread there has ever been on the CAF.

Scholsey2004

This has been the elephant in the room at United since before Ferguson left. You can't allow a player this much influence in the club unless he's a Robsonesque positive influence or he's putting in Ronaldo like performances. To a certain extent as well you've got to look at how much he's deteriorated at such a young age and think that if he'd made the lifestyle choices that co92 made then we wouldn't be having these conversations.

Green_Red

Oh so he doesn't give a shit about what the fans are saying..:rolleyes:
Last night watching him I felt a 'tiny' bit sad to see how much he's declined, but after this he gets not one ounce of sympathy from me ever.
His PR people are shit as well. Why come out with 'people talking rubbish' line? How arrogant is he? Why not say, I have not been good enough, I am working to do so and so... (or words to that effect). He's basically telling us (who help to pay his salary) to feck off:rolleyes:
Good point. And he is also being helped by the club to stick it to their fans via the official club channel.

Youre right he should just say "I havent been good enough".

Dumbat12

Perfect.