Rooney to become Everton Manager - Calling it now.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He deserves it.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I did not see him becoming a good manager. Fair play if he does well.

Bwuk

I hope he doesn’t, stays at Derby and keeps them up.

Hed deserve whatever the equivalent of managerial balon d’or if he did.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I hope he doesn’t, stays at Derby and keeps them up.

Hed deserve whatever the equivalent of managerial balon d’or if he did.
Me too, but there's going to be talks, surely. It almost makes sense?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Clubs love the free PR of an old legend being manager.
Even if it very rarely works!

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yeah this is on. No other in form manager in their right minds would go there currently but it’s a huge upgrade for Rooney. I really hope he stays at Derby though. If he rejects them and says I’m in the middle of something here he would go up in my estimation. They are doomed without him. The Everton job will always be there for him if he’s doing well

You could be right.

He's done a good job at Derby and he won't want a relegation that had nothing to do with him on his CV.

AndySmith1990

Well Everton are United lite, so it makes sense they follow our lead and hire a former player.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I've got no doubt he will in future but right now I think he'll stay at Derby until the end of the season unless the administrators force him to go for financial reasons.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I've got no doubt he will in future but right now I think he'll stay at Derby until the end of the season unless the administrators force him to go for financial reasons.
I agree and it would make more sense for Rooney to do that.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I want him to stay at Derby and do the impossible, then he can do whatever the hell he likes and I’ll be there to fully support him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Everton are pretty similar to United in a way that they have no idea what they are doing so that doesn't look crazy prediction.

Ludens the Red

If Everton come he’ll take it 100%. Derby are now getting rid of players without his permission. There’s only so much he can take.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think it will be Lampard. Some good young players to work with (which he was trying to do at Chelsea) and a club of the stature he was waiting for.

Loopy

Lampard is the wise choice - Rooney is the wild card.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Would love that. We might even benefit by sending players on loan there to compete with us for the top 6 :cool:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I don’t think he would leave Derby until the end of the season after what they’ve been through together. He couldn’t do it to them.
Why couldn't he do it to them? He's never shown much loyalty to his wife, I don't see him having much to a club that have no historic link to him.

Zen

Why couldn't he do it to them? He's never shown much loyalty to his wife, I don't see him having much to a club that have no historic link to him.
Not only that - but he's just lost Jagielka who they genuinely can't replace.

But either way, there's legit no reason why I'd see they give it to Rooney over even Big Dunc, at least for 6 months. Rooney should go to Scotland, don't make the Lampard mistakes.

Spaghetti

Mom's
With Jagielka and Shinnie gone, and a transfer embargo, he will probably leave if he gets an offer.

He seems to like it at Derby, but they are doomed; even before the minus 21 they were favourites to go down. They hardly have any players and staying up will be too much for them.

BlueHaze

Honestly considering Derbys dire situation he has done surprisingly well. Without the points deduction they'd probably already be guaranteed to stay up. He has had them getting good results this year considering the mess they are in.

Daverson

I'd give it big dunc in the meantime... he'll sort out the underperformers

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Nah , even if he were to go it'll be most likely Ferguson till the end of the season with rooney taking over in summer.

Also its hilarious how they sold one of their best players in dignie because Benitez told them so only to sack him a few days later.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's manager of the season without question if he keeps Derby up. Has any team ever stayed up with -20 deduction?

Don't think he's anywhere near ready for premier league though. Think move to top end championship next season would be a smart move.