Rooney's Red Card

montpelier

I think that judging by what Van Gaal has been saying about him, his days here may be numbered anyway. He simply doesn't rate Rooney as a striker and isn't too sure what to do with him.
Yes, I think I see what you're saying. Wasn't there something said about WR dropping into MF, too. Do we think he can play in MF? The captaincy decision is interesting, though. Wonder if that was done with 110% confidence or as the best option for the time being, not rocking the boat. Interesting times.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
And now we have people saying that they hope he'll struggle to get back in the team. Why would someone say such a thing for any player in the team they supposedly support?
Why? Because they are not United supporters.
Maybe because they are UTD supporters and want what is best for the club. Not only do we now loose our captain and a player who it looks like was coming into form for three big games, he will also now almost certainly be playing like a man with a wooden leg in the city match as he almost always plays poorly for a while when coming back from injury or suspension.
The reason people said he should have his pay docked is obvious, I don't know what you do for a living but if you could not go to work for three weeks because you did something stupid and unnecessary would you expect to get paid?
And as for claiming its wrong for people to say they hope he won't get straight back into the team and that means they aren't proper utd supporters I think you mean Rooney supporters. What about the player that replaces him whilst he is out? Do they not deserve our support as much? Are we not aloud to want to see them play well and stay in the team or is it only Rooney we must feel that about? Yes people have gone overboard, it wasn't a particularly dangerous or disgusting incident, but now not for the first time in his utd career we are without a player who can make a huge difference to things because of his own moronic actions and are quite honestly sick of it. Remember the semi final against city for example, we lost, where was Rooney? In the stands because he has less self control than a child, he is supposed to be a grown man FFs and needs to act like one.

kps88

His Sunday Times interview could not have been timed worse -

In an interview before Saturday's sending off against West Ham, the Manchester United and England captain said he was "a lot more mature".

"I now know exactly what I want to do on the pitch," Rooney said.

:lol:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
The reason people said he should have his pay docked is obvious, I don't know what you do for a living but if you could not go to work for three weeks because you did something stupid and unnecessary would you expect to get paid?
I hope you were putting same argument for pay docking for Keane back in the days. Also, by your logic Suarez should never be allowed to play ever as we will not see someone biting co-workers thrice staying in job or getting job elsewhere so comparing it with other professions is naive.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I hope you were putting same argument for pay docking for Keane back in the days. Also, by your logic Suarez should never be allowed to play ever as we will not see someone biting co-workers thrice staying in job or getting job elsewhere so comparing it with other professions is naive.
Yes I was and do think Suarez should have been perma banned.
Just because it's football the dumb feckers should not get paid for doing a job they can not do because they have been retarded

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Maybe because they are UTD supporters and want what is best for the club. Not only do we now loose our captain and a player who it looks like was coming into form for three big games, he will also now almost certainly be playing like a man with a wooden leg in the city match as he almost always plays poorly for a while when coming back from injury or suspension..
Wanting what's best for United includes wanting Rooney to play well....seeing as he plays for United. We're a better with him than without him so yeah hoping he struggles to get back in the team because he did something stupid is a bit moronic.

The Man Himself

Yes I was and do think Suarez should have been perma banned.
Just because it's football the dumb feckers should not get paid for doing a job they can not do because they have been retarded
That is up to club to decide on pay docking etc. I don't see what fans have got to do with it. There are certain guidelines as per which clubs' decide to dock pay and yesterday's incident is nowhere close to that. Moreover, Van Gaal has called it a professional foul and a professional foul doesn't result in pay docking by club. Rooney haters will be sad to hear this, but United official FB page is instead busy celebrating Rooney's 10 years at club today :D

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Who knows, maybe some suspended footballers do not get paid for that time...? If the employer thinks so.
It would be fair, but I suspect the pampered little darlings would kick up such a stink about it we would have heard. (Not just moaning about Rooney now, lately I find myself in the weird position of loving football but hating nearly all footballers.)

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Maybe because they are UTD supporters and want what is best for the club. Not only do we now loose our captain and a player who it looks like was coming into form for three big games, he will also now almost certainly be playing like a man with a wooden leg in the city match as he almost always plays poorly for a while when coming back from injury or suspension..
Wanting what's best for United includes wanting Rooney to play well....seeing as he plays for United. We're a better with him than without him so yeah hoping he struggles to get back in the team because he did something stupid is a bit moronic.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
So wanting what's best for utd will also include putting him straight back into the team against city? Are you seriously telling me despite the evidence of every single occasion of the last ten years you expect him to come back into the side and play well straight away? And if he doesn't which is almost certain that wanting him back in the team is still what's is nest for utd?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
That is up to club to decide on pay docking etc. I don't see what fans have got to do with it. There are certain guidelines as per which clubs' decide to dock pay and yesterday's incident is nowhere close to that. Moreover, Van Gaal has called it a professional foul and a professional foul doesn't result in pay docking by club. Rooney haters will be sad to hear this, but United official FB page is instead busy celebrating Rooney's 10 years at club today :D
As it should be celebrated, it's a hell of an achievement and he has been a massive part of our success, doesn't change the fact we are now going to be without him for three games and possibly have him playing like shit for another three while he finds his form again. Almost two months because he is an idiot

The Man Himself

As it should be celebrated, it's a hell of an achievement and he has been a massive part of our success, doesn't change the fact we are now going to be without him for three games and possibly have him playing like shit for another three while he finds his form again. Almost two months because he is an idiot
He will be playing 2 England games in between so I don't see the missing fitness part. Also, we have LvG as coach now so he will not allow Wayne to let fitness drift in this 1 month. What can definitely happen though, is losing the form he is in which is sad.

Jerch

His Sunday Times interview could not have been timed worse -

In an interview before Saturday's sending off against West Ham, the Manchester United and England captain said he was "a lot more mature".

"I now know exactly what I want to do on the pitch," Rooney said.

:lol:
LvG said in post match conference that he talk with Rooney and Rooney said to him he wanted to trip him the way he did it. Maybe it looked bad bud he didn't losed his head, he wanted to stop them from scoring. As LVG said, it could be done in more friendly way but still he was in bad position because Downing raised his leg so Rooney couldn't trip him old fashion way. Nothing wrong with that for me.

And if you don't focus only on red card incident Rooney was the best player on the pitch till that moment and scored lovely goal. So he know what he want to do on the pitch, don't you think so.

Is it official that he will be suspended for 3 games?

Last edited:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
So wanting what's best for utd will also include putting him straight back into the team against city? Are you seriously telling me despite the evidence of every single occasion of the last ten years you expect him to come back into the side and play well straight away? And if he doesn't which is almost certain that wanting him back in the team is still what's is nest for utd?
He's not injured, he's suspended. And he'll play for England in during his break. He'll be training for the entire period and I expect he'll be just as good when he comes back. Add that to his excellent record against City and our shockingly open defense and it becomes a very easy choice. Besides wanting Rooney to struggle implies wanting him to not play well.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
He will be playing 2 England games in between so I don't see the missing fitness part. Also, we have LvG as coach now so he will not allow Wayne to let fitness drift in this 1 month. What can definitely happen though, is losing the form he is in which is sad.
This is my main issue, I can't see how wanting a replacement who may well be bang in form to keep his place for the city match rather than automatically take a gamble on putting Rooney back in makes someone less of a utd supporter. No one is saying he should never play again but he should not just walk back in if the team is doing well

Dominant

I think that judging by what Van Gaal has been saying about him, his days here may be numbered anyway. He simply doesn't rate Rooney as a striker and isn't too sure what to do with him.
Perfect example of a delusional Rooney hater who make things up to justify himself.

The Man Himself

This is my main issue, I can't see how wanting a replacement who may well be bang in form to keep his place for the city match rather than automatically take a gamble on putting Rooney back in makes someone less of a utd supporter. No one is saying he should never play again but he should not just walk back in if the team is doing well
If Mata-RvP-Falcao set a awesome chemistry on fire over next 3 games then who knows. It is unlikely though...reasons are manifold. He is captain, has been good so far, fits better than Mata in this diamond formation, against City we will need his tracking back, has great goal scoring record vs them (he has highest goals in Manchester derby ever by a player already I think)

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
He's not injured, he's suspended. And he'll play for England in during his break. He'll be training for the entire period and I expect he'll be just as good when he comes back. Add that to his excellent record against City and our shockingly open defense and it becomes a very easy choice. Besides wanting Rooney to struggle implies wanting him to not play well.
Stop making shit up! No one has said they want him to struggle, and expecting him to play well after missing games despite ten years of evidence is optimistic to the point of foolishness. We all want him to do well and are annoyed precisely because based on the first half yesterday he was playing brilliantly now that will be gone. Also you still haven't said how wanting another utd player who will replace him to do well and keep their place makes someone less of a utd supporter? You appear to think only Rooney deserves that level of support when surely it should apply to all players including Rooney.

The Man Himself

Perfect example of a delusional Rooney hater who make things up to justify himself.
That was too funny a comment. I actually laughed aloud. LvG has backed him if anything after yesterday.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
If Mata-RvP-Falcao set a awesome chemistry on fire over next 3 games then who knows. It is unlikely though...reasons are manifold. He is captain, has been good so far, fits better than Mata in this diamond formation, against City we will need his tracking back, has great goal scoring record vs them (he has highest goals in Manchester derby ever by a player already I think)
And if the team doesn't play well without him then by all means try him straight back in the team. I just think a lot of people are pissed by him being undroppable for ten years, remember after his first transfer request when he played like the bastard love child of Emile Hensley and Ralphe Milne for three months yet kept getting start after start? I hate players being picked on reputation rather than form, not just Rooney but any player. It's the main reason England have been so shit for so long

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Stop making shit up! No one has said they want him to struggle, and expecting him to play well after missing games despite ten years of evidence is optimistic to the point of foolishness. We all want him to do well and are annoyed precisely because based on the first half yesterday he was playing brilliantly now that will be gone. Also you still haven't said how wanting another utd player who will replace him to do well and keep their place makes someone less of a utd supporter? You appear to think only Rooney deserves that level of support when surely it should apply to all players including Rooney.
Are you reading some of the threads and posts round here? There's a bloody poll asking whether people are happy Rooney got sent off ffs!

Why do I want him right back? 1)He's a big game player. 2)His record against City since they won the lottery is brilliant. 3)He provides defensive cover.

Of course, if the RVP, Falcao and Mata all do brilliantly well then you can make a case for him starting on the bench. If that happens you won't see me complaining. I didn't think Mata deserved to be dropped but LVG's decision was justified given our performances. Maybe the same will happen with Rooney.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Are you reading some of the threads and posts round here? There's a bloody poll asking whether people are happy Rooney got sent off ffs!

Why do I want him right back? 1)He's a big game player. 2)His record against City since they won the lottery is brilliant. 3)He provides defensive cover.

Of course, if the RVP, Falcao and Mata all do brilliantly well then you can make a case for him starting on the bench. If that happens you won't see me complaining. I didn't think Mata deserved to be dropped but LVG's decision was justified given our performances. Maybe the same will happen with Rooney.
Then we don't actually disagree :) get the beers in ya tart

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
And before someone pulls me up on it yes I voted happy he was sent off but I have hanged my mind, never vote in anger kids ;)

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I voted happy as well. I really want to see Mata in his preferred position as I feel he could do a better job than Rooney.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
All that means is whoever is refereeing that game will get those decisions wrong (if they are red card offences).

He's kicked him in the knee. It's serious foul play. Thus it's a red card offence, and he got a red card. It's not self-righteousness, nor is it a dying need to be impartial. It's just what happened.
Kicking someone in the knee is not serious foul play. Stupid, sure, but it's not in the slightest bit dangerous.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Kicking someone in the knee is not serious foul play. Stupid, sure, but it's not in the slightest bit dangerous.
Of course it is. It's kicking an unprotected part of the body with force (and it was with force, it's not like he just tapped him).

It was excessive force for the challenge Rooney should have made, thus it's serious foul play.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It was a little kick, come on, there's no force there at all.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Like I've said it wasn't malicious. There was no intent to hurt him. He tried to commit a professional foul and he mistimed the challenge. But thats not to take away the fact that he did kick him high. He gave the referee a chance to give him a red card.

marlowe78

I don't know why people keep saying the knee, he kicked Downing square in the crotch. Are people here going to be shocked if he's banned more than 3 games?

jaimoe

I don't know any of you guys can justify anything less than 3 games. That wasn't a professional foul, it was a hatchet job. For feck's sake, clip him, he goes down, the attack is stopped and Rooney gets a card and a lecture..no big deal.
Do something really, really stupid and you can accept the fecking consequences for your stupid ass action.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
I don't know any of you guys can justify anything less than 3 games. That wasn't a professional foul, it was a hatchet job. For feck's sake, clip him, he goes down, the attack is stopped and Rooney gets a card and a lecture..no big deal.
Do something really, really stupid and you can accept the fecking consequences for your stupid ass action.
Even LVG says it was a professional foul

jaimoe

Even LVG says it was a professional foul

What would you expect him to say? Professionally stupid maybe.........

I am a big Rooney supporter but now more than ever they need him at his best, not just as a player but also as the captain. For feck's sake we just got slugged by Leicester fecking City and are in a tough match with West Ham and THAT is when Rooney elects to melt down?
He should know better because he's been suspended for this kind of crap before.

Last edited: