Rooney's returned

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you
I can only echo those sentiments, he wont ever be more than a hired gun to me, regardless of the statements he releases through his publicist.
Statements released by a publicist, similar to the one released during the whole saga? Lets face it an awful lot of this is driven by people around Wayne Rooney with varying agendas - idiot in chief being that Stretford bloke who was behind it all in my opinion.

Never seen Rooney take a penalty like that before. It was like he wanted to break the net and that slalomy (is that a real word) run....after he scored he exploded inside. After how many weeks off and no goals since when, his insides must have been bursting. His celebrations were way OTT but then I realized what he must be feeling inside after months in the news about harlots and wallets and a pretty serious injury, not to mention pissing off about 50 million red fans. That was more than a normal celebration. And I think it was real. I'd like to see a gif of it again if there's one around.
As far as I'm concerned he's back and here to stay so I'm on board with the cnut right away. We have a league to win. Don't want to stall when #19 beckons.
We're in the knock outs of the CL, QF of the LC, joint top of the league, possible meeting with FCUM (wouldn't that be sumtin) in the FAC and players returning back from injuries
As Ciderman would say............. IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Y'all need to get right behind the cnut...United needs him to get his confidence back and nothing will get that back to him like the fans support (and a goal or 2 of course)
Forgive and remember.
This I like

People forget very easily
They do, Wayne Rooney had a career pre this contract issue and a lot of that shouldn't be forgotten. I do realise you're coming from a different angle.

Feedingseagulls

If he thinks that then, quite honestly, he's a complete idiot who is totally out of touch with all the fans who pay his obscene wages and has absolutely no respect for the club that employ him, the manager who's helped him get where he is and the players he works with.

If he feels he'll do it on the pitch, fair enough, but the jury is definitely still out, so to speak.

And we know Rooney was incredible disrespectful in all the comments he made; we don't need to know exactly what happened behind the scenes to know that.
SAF said he had already apologised to these insiders. (In private one assumes).

I notice Scholes & Rooney sharing a joke when warming up the other day - so it seems he's got over it. Pity about some self-centred 'fans' really. :D

Denis' cuff

I don't buy the idea we only offered him a huge pay-rise after his ultimatum.

That's what's so frustrating about this 'debate'. Everybody has convinced themselves that he was offered peanuts until he threatened to leave, then was suddenly offered a massive pay-rise, approved, agreed and signed off in the space of a day.

I mean, he was always going to get a massive frigging pay-rise with this contract. He was always going to be made the best paid player at the club, if not in the whole country. He's Wayne cocking Rooney ffs! Just because half the caf have decided that, actually, he was always shit and over-rated doesn't change the fact that this time last year we were talking him up as one of the best strikers on the planet who was obviously going to be offered a salary that reflects that status.
spot on - my felings entirely young wan

relative, innit?:D:nervous:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
To be fair it will all be clearer after january and more so after the summer. If there has been significant investment in the squad after that then Ill believe it was about the direction of the club, if there is not yet Rooney ha not asked for a transfer then i will all have been aout the money.......Time will tell one way or the other.

Sw33t

SAF said he had already apologised to these insiders. (In private one assumes).

I notice Scholes & Rooney sharing a joke when warming up the other day - so it seems he's got over it. Pity about some self-centred 'fans' really. :D
Wayne's probably apologised to the players faces.

He has NOT apologised to the fans. So he is still a cnut.

I don't give a feck if that makes me a "self-centred 'fan'" or not.

redwhiteblack

I can't believe Rooney hasn't apologized to me specifically for the pay structure that has developed in the modern game over the last 20 years. Or for the fact that he doesn't blindly trust his future to a family of American bankers who've ruined absolutely every business venture they've taken on in the last 15 years...

It's almost as if I'm not the most important person in the World in Wayne Rooney's reality :eek:

It's almost as if he cares more about his own well being and way of life than he cares about mine :eek:

I feel so cheated, I really thought we, you know, 'had something'.

I'll have the last laugh though - I'm gonna sit in my room and call him rude names on an internet messageboard - See how he likes that :smirk:

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
Sombebody should tell that moron that it's 'Manchester United' or 'Man United', not "this club".

I don't see how this is an apology. It would have been an apology if he said he was apologizing for questioning the club's ambition and the quality of his teammates. Defending his own actions is not an apology but I bet he's far too thick to realize that.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Sombebody should tell that moron that it's 'Manchester United' or 'Man United', not "this club".

I don't see how this is an apology. It would have been an apology if he said he was apologizing for questioning the club's ambition and the quality of his teammates. Defending his own actions is not an apology but I bet he's far too thick to realize that.
You're really going to castigate him for saying 'this club'? Really?

And:

""I feel like I have apologised to the fans, but everyone keeps saying that I haven't and, if that is the case, then I apologise for my side of things"

That sounds like an apology to me.

MG

I can't believe Rooney hasn't apologized to me specifically for the pay structure that has developed in the modern game over the last 20 years. Or for the fact that he doesn't blindly trust his future to a family of American bankers who've ruined absolutely every business venture they've taken on in the last 15 years...

It's almost as if I'm not the most important person in the World in Wayne Rooney's reality :eek:

It's almost as if he cares more about his own well being and way of life than he cares about mine :eek:

I feel so cheated, I really thought we, you know, 'had something'.

I'll have the last laugh though - I'm gonna sit in my room and call him rude names on an internet messageboard - See how he likes that :smirk:
:lol:

That's a lot of bold italics being used there!

We're not saying Rooney should have apologised to us all individually or whatever, we're just saying he owes an apology to the fans who pay his wages, and will continue to pay his enormous wages now he's had it bumped up, for his disrespectful comments regarding the club that employs him and makes him who he is. Nothing wrong with that - it's called showing some respect for the people that have put you where you are!

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you

Seriously?!

I can understand why some fans will still not be happy with him and will take time for them to come around but you're taking things to a new, moronic level.

"I apologise for my side of things"

That's an apology - just in case you had a problem understanding that. You've used the term 'moron' to describe him and said "I bet he's far too thick" - perhaps you need to look closer to home to see the moron.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Seriously?!

I can understand why some fans will still not be happy with him and will take time for them to come around but you're taking things to a new, moronic level.

"I apologise for my side of things"

That's an apology - just in case you had a problem understanding that. You've used the term 'moron' to describe him and said "I bet he's far too thick" - perhaps you need to look closer to home to see the moron.
Hey jgray, not seen you on for a while, hope you are well :)

MG

OK, fair enough Wayne, now lets see some talking on the pitch!

I'll get behind him and support him (if he plays on Saturday I will cos I'm going to the game!!) and cheer for him because I do want him to get back to his best and I think this is the best way to help his confidence.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Well it's a pretty week apology, but this whole argument is retarded anyway. You either forgive him or you don't, why does it matter so much? What's the point in petty insults, really?

I still don't feel any fondness for him, I struggle to see how that makes me a moron.

TonyMontana

this thread is full of drama queens, time to man up and get over all this episode

TheReligion

Abusive
Well it's a pretty week apology, but this whole argument is retarded anyway. You either forgive him or you don't, why does it matter so much? What's the point in petty insults, really?

I still don't feel any fondness for him, I struggle to see how that makes me a moron.
People just annoy me who abuse him. At the match the other day for instance shouting "you fat scouse cnut".

If you don't approve, fair enough, but that is not how to support the team, and I bet the rest of the players would tell you to feck off aswell.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
An apology is a good thing. I'm still not going to "rooooooney" quite yet. But it's all a step in the right direction. Everyone will eventually move on. I (and many others) have said this from the beginning. There's no need to try and force people to move on though. That isn't helping anything but your own sense of righteousness....I know, I do it enough in the CE forum.

kietotheworld

For feck's sake, why is he castigated for questioning his team-mates so much? Nearly everybody on this forum has done it, Roy Keane did it, hundreds of players have done it before Rooney, most of our players moved to our club because they didn't think their team-mates were good enough. You think he is so stupid, but it is you who is maintaining this double standard. He did the exact same thing to Everton in order to join United, it is absurd to vilify him now for doing the same thing again if you thought he was a good man before.

Sw33t

An apology is good. Not the best, not the quickest, but it came.

But excuse me, if it's alright with everyone else, I shall continue to be a "moron" and a "drama queen" by not licking his arse right away because he scored a penalty. Time will heal, but a long time it may be.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
People just annoy me who abuse him. At the match the other day for instance shouting "you fat scouse cnut".

If you don't approve, fair enough, but that is not how to support the team, and I bet the rest of the players would tell you to feck off aswell.
You could argue that if a player has concerns about the direction of the club, than fair enough, but airing it in public is not professional and is disrespectful to the fans, club and team mates.

Not to mention potentially damaging to our performances on the pitch, as Vidic, Evra and Carrick all came out and said in the press.

But whatever, people have made up there minds and it's not worth getting wound up at other fans

TheReligion

Abusive
An apology is a good thing. I'm still not going to "rooooooney" quite yet. But it's all a step in the right direction. Everyone will eventually move on. I (and many others) have said this from the beginning. There's no need to try and force people to move on though. That isn't helping anything but your own sense of righteousness....I know, I do it enough in the CE forum.
No one is doing that, but those who feel the need to shout "fat scouse cnut" should be told they are behaving like kids.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
No one is doing that, but those who feel the need to shout "fat scouse cnut" should be told they are behaving like kids.
Why should they? If not to support your own sense of righteousness? Should everyone in G&G be told they're behaving like kids by those who don't buy into it? Should everyone who sung "murderers" at the Liverpool game be told they're acting like kids? (well yes, but I bet you didn't feel the rightousness then) I don't tell everyone who's actions differ from mine that they shouldn't do them (not everyone at least :nervous:)..Especially not if I don't know them from adam and especially when it's as trivial as "things you shout at a football game". Get over yourself a tad (and yes I'm sure a bunch of people would say that to me).

TheReligion

Abusive
Why should they? If not to support your own sense of righteousness? Should everyone in G&G be told they're behaving like kids by those who don't buy into it? Should everyone who sung "murderers" at the Liverpool game be told they're acting like kids? (well yes, but I bet you didn't feel the rightousness then) I don't tell everyone who's actions differ from mine that they shouldn't do them (not everyone at least :nervous:)..Especially not if I don't know them from adam and especially when it's as trivial as "things you shout at a football game". Get over yourself a tad (and yes I'm sure a bunch of people would say that to me).
You are talking rubbish and being far too over the top.

If you think it is good to go to United games to shout abuse at our own players then thats fair enough, sadly I don't.

I have an opinion and will say what I think. The same way those who have a new found crusade against Rooney do.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
1: Fine, he has apologised, took a while but its better than nothing.

2: Thereligion, stop being so sanctimonious, just because someone disagrees with you that makes them a moron?

kietotheworld

2: Thereligion, stop being so sanctimonious, just because someone disagrees with you that makes them a moron?
There's a difference between disagreeing with someone and going to the match to slate United players.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
There's a difference between disagreeing with someone and going to the match to slate United players.
Fair point, and I kind of agree, the crowd at Wigan let him know all was not as rosy as before and should now get behind him on the pitch, doesnt mean we all have to jump back on the Rooney bandwagon though,

TheReligion

Abusive

Sparky, I have grown to like you, and I am not being sanctimonious.

I just feel that some people are flogging a dead horse. If you don't want to support Wayne Rooney then thats fine. It is none of my business, but when I pay to go to a game and sit through idiots shouting mindless abuse at him, it becomes my business and I can't say I like it. It is the behaviour of morons.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

I just feel that some people are flogging a dead horse. If you don't want to support Wayne Rooney then thats fine. It is none of my business, but when I pay to go to a game and sit through idiots shouting mindless abuse at him, it becomes my business and I can't say I like it. It is the behaviour of morons.
I wont disagree with that, my opinion on him is well known, but I wouldnt abuse him from the stands as its counter productive especially when you consider BOTH of our starting forwards are such confidence players.

phelans shorts

This goes back to Mockney's point though is that any different to "murderers" and those vocally singing anti Glazer songs from teh eyes of those who disagree?