Rooney's returned

SATA

Some of you act like jilted lovers, exactly like the ones when Ronaldo decided to leave the club.

Get over it really instead of keep whinging over the same thing over and over again. He's here to stay now. You don't have to support him or sing his name if you don't want, there's another ten United players out there on the pitch that you can do that to.

Sw33t

Some of you act like jilted lovers, exactly like the ones when Ronaldo decided to leave the club.

Get over it really instead of keep whinging over the same thing over and over again. He's here to stay now. You don't have to support him or sing his name if you don't want, there's another ten United players out there on the pitch that you can do that to.
That's exactly the point. feck Wayne. If he scores for us, I'll cheer, obviously. But I will not cheer him specifically, but more to the fact that he help the team win.

I'll get over it when the "Omg he plays for us you gotta lick his bumcrack" brigade get over themselves.

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
That's exactly the point. feck Wayne. If he scores for us, I'll cheer, obviously. But I will not cheer him specifically, but more to the fact that he help the team win.

I'll get over it when the "Omg he plays for us you gotta lick his bumcrack" brigade get over themselves.
Would he be able to tell the difference?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
like I said I'm not buying it

new contract or not, nobody does a U-turn that dramatic, changing an opinion is one thing but taking the piss out of fellow United fans who think he's a cnut to feel superior has to be taking the piss

everytime you undermine a United fan over Rooney I just think of that quote and cringe
Thats what Pogue and Rooney have in common? Perhaps that is the bonding element?

Eriku

new contract or not, nobody does a U-turn that dramatic, changing an opinion is one thing but taking the piss out of fellow United fans who think he's a cnut to feel superior has to be taking the piss

everytime you undermine a United fan over Rooney I just think of that quote and cringe
Hah... as evidenced by how Rooney went from one of the best players of the world and legend in the making, and OURS... he went to being a cnut of the highest order, wouldn't miss him if he was gone.

Yeah, people don't U-turn ;P

I'd say there's more consistency in those of us who said "let's wait it out", and who'll continue to be pleased for Rooney because it's good for the squad and because obviously the rest of the squad and the manager haven't got a problem with working with the bastard.

Brophs

The One and Only
I'm surprised there hasn't been a parody thread titled 'Rooney's rotund' yet.

Dion

What a massive fecking stupid thing to say. Nobody runs away from the alter before they get married, I guess that just happens on soaps right? The history of the human race is littered with stories of people who almost did something stupid then at the very last minute did the right thing.

However you want to feel about Rooney, and it is perfectly possible it was all for money, to say nobody makes u-turns that dramatic is up there with the most idiotic things I've ever seen on this forums, jesus fecking christ.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I know you're not the sharpest tool in the box but couldn't you at least try to make an effort to understand why I might have a different opinion on Rooney after it became apparent that he actually wasn't trying to force a move after all?

You know, after he signed that new long-term contract?
I know why you changed your mind, because success is more important to you than morals. Same with everyone else who flip flopped so bad.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
What a massive fecking stupid thing to say. Nobody runs away from the alter before they get married, I guess that just happens on soaps right? The history of the human race is littered with stories of people who almost did something stupid then at the very last minute did the right thing.

However you want to feel about Rooney, and it is perfectly possible it was all for money, to say nobody makes u-turns that dramatic is up there with the most idiotic things I've ever seen on this forums, jesus fecking christ.
I think you've misunderstood my dear friend, take a breather and calm down.

Woooosahhhhhhhh

I'm talking about going from being Rooney's biggest hater to bashing fellow United fans who still feel the same way.

I find that disturbing and somewhat of a facade. I even highlighted it in the post.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I know why you changed your mind, because success is more important to you than morals. Same with everyone else who flip flopped so bad.
Morals? What the feck? I was hardly making a moral judgement. I was pissed off at him because it looked like he was on the verge of forcing his way out of the club, despite Fergie standing by him throughout a personal and professional crisis.

Now he's signed a long-term contract I'm considerably less pissed off. Still think he made some terrible decisions in the way he handled his contract negotiations and I've thought he's not a very nice person since he fecked roun on his wife. I don't support the team because I'm fond of the personality of the players wearing the shirts though. Nor would I boo the team if I don't like the personality of one or more of the players on the pitch. I imagine many other fans seem the same. Morals don't come into it.

Rooney's a great player and I hope he has a great season, with many more seasons to come in a United shirt. If he leaves in the summer (which I don't think will happen) then feck him. Meanwhile I hope his career goes from strength to strength.

Spoony

The People's President
Rooney's a great player and I hope he has a great season, with many more seasons to come in a United shirt. If he leaves in the summer (which I don't think will happen) then feck him. Meanwhile I hope his career goes from strength to strength.
Let me guess United > any player?!

Dion

I think you've misunderstood my dear friend, take a breather and calm down.

Woooosahhhhhhhh

I'm talking about going from being Rooney's biggest hater to bashing fellow United fans who still feel the same way.

I find that disturbing and somewhat of a facade. I even highlighted it in the post.
Spectacular way to miss the point there, how can you say nobody can make such a big u-turn when the u-turn he made was matched exactly by Rooney's?

It's almost as if the thing he was angry at Rooney for was gone after he signed the contract, what the feck could that have been?

The people angry at Rooney for wanting to leave aren't angry anymore cos he isn't leaving, it's a perfectly acceptable stance to take. It's just the more emotionally unstable people on here that had put their faith in humanity on a stupid chav from Liverpool with a greedy agent who gets 1/5th of what ever Rooney makes are feeling a bit bitter.

For most people if Fergie is willing to give him a second chance then thats enough. He did it with Rio for similar reasons, he did it with Cantona for different ones, he's not often wrong.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Morals? What the feck? I was hardly making a moral judgement. I was pissed off at him because it looked like he was on the verge of forcing his way out of the club, despite Fergie standing by him throughout a personal and professional crisis.

I wasn't making a moral judgement, I was just pissed off at him because he was acting immoral. :houllier:

Brophs

The One and Only
The cnut is fish-hooking him. Rooney should have drop-kicked him from the top rope.

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
Obviously no so that's why I think if some posters wanna say negative things about him they should feel free to do so :D
I was simply pointing out that the 'If he scores for us, I'll cheer, obviously. But I will not cheer him specifically' mentality, is completely futile.

Amir

Fergie has talked in recent times about how players have changed, how young players have changed. And obviously the way he handles them has changed his well. His ability to adapt to the times has helped keep him at the top for so long, of course.

My point is, fans have changed a lot less. We still want the old loyalty. Unfortunately, players are different nowadays, more self centered. We can talk about Giggs and Scholes, but even they are from a somewhat different era, a more naive one. So we can talk about morals, but we could end up with all the morals in the world and a midtable team. Heinze, Tevez, Ronaldo (in the summer of 08), Rooney. We've seen how things can quickly change even with players the fans adore.

That's just the way footballers are. And who knows if someone like Evra won't be the next to break our hearts. Or whoever. I'm not happy about it, but I don't think there's much we can do about it. Just enjoy what we've got as Manchester United. And that's more than 99.99% of the clubs, who would love to debate about their feelings towards their number 10, Wayne Rooney, but have, err, who knows. A far lesser player. And even that player may ask to leave.

Fitzjames

Rooney is a scumbag.
He was before he joined United
Will be after he leaves United.
While with us......if he scores.........thats kinda ok with me.
But he will never be liked by most fans.

redwhiteblack

While with us......if he scores.........thats kinda ok with me.
But he will never be liked by most fans.
I totally disagree. He's become one of the most popular players in our team, both with the fans and the players, and I don't think this silly hoopla will change that (in the long run). He's our star player for crying out loud.

Come September, Wayne will have been a United first team regular for 7 years! That's a long, long time in this day and age. There are people giving him abuse right now who've been United fans for less time than that!

I think he's here for the long haul, I really do.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Question is, will he ever go on and become a legend now like Best, Giggs, Cantona after all this contract crap?

Mannheim Red

I am delighted hes back. Hes not the only United player to show what a cnut he can be...but hes still a United player and Id rather he played for us than a rival

Fitzjames

I totally disagree. He's become one of the most popular players in our team, both with the fans and the players, and I don't think this silly hoopla will change that (in the long run). He's our star player for crying out loud.

Come September, Wayne will have been a United first team regular for 7 years! That's a long, long time in this day and age. There are people giving him abuse right now who've been United fans for less time than that!

On the other hand Ive been a fan for over 50 years. And I know a scumbag when I see one.

phelans shorts

Silly hoopla?

For gods sake why not talk it down any more, he committed the cardinal sin.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Now it's all said and done, how about some Rooney-football chat?

Was thinking about this and I'm very interested to see how today pans out in terms of our fear factor. If Blackburn roll up to OT today and attack us, I think we'll roast them with Rooney at the sharp end.

It feels a bit like a missing piece of the jigsaw moment with Rooney. Like his return will coincide with our upturn in form...