RoShaun Williams

Sid234

JB said one of the u18s that everyone would expect to be moving up to the u21s is signing for another club. Not really us letting him go and more him leaving I believe.

Tyler Reid was my guess because he didn't get promoted early to the u21s which he likely felt he deserved to and with him being from the south he probably doesn't feel as tied to the club as some of the Mancs who have been here since they were under 10.
That's disappointing but I see your point.. We signed him from Arsenal didn't we? Guess we might see him join a London club

oskarutd

JB said one of the u18s that everyone would expect to be moving up to the u21s is signing for another club. Not really us letting him go and more him leaving I believe.

Tyler Reid was my guess because he didn't get promoted early to the u21s which he likely felt he deserved to and with him being from the south he probably doesn't feel as tied to the club as some of the Mancs who have been here since they were under 10.
Wasn't that Jimmy Dunne? He is leaving.

oskarutd

He had a year left on his contract so it wasn't certain and also he was mentioned on the list of players on that thread who was expected to be promoted to the u21s.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Where did you hear that? He was my guess for the player jb was talking about so I wouldn't be too surprised.
I know a reserve/youth coach from a Championship club. He couldn't give me much information but that his club are interested in Reid and he is free to leave Manchester United in the summer.

I couldn't believe that (I told him that i couldn't be true that we are keeping El-Fitouri but Reid will go) but he has said that is the case with Reid and his club are facing big competition for Reid's signature from Championship/League One/1-2 foreign clubs.

khoazany

I know a reserve/youth coach from a Championship club. He couldn't give me much information but that his club are interested in Reid and he is free to leave Manchester United in the summer.

I couldn't believe that (I told him that i couldn't be true that we are keeping El-Fitouri but Reid will go) but he has said that is the case with Reid and his club are facing big competition for Reid's signature from Championship/League One/1-2 foreign clubs.
And Premier League.

Sid234

Sounds more like we are not too keen to keep him rather than him not wanting to stay? Or is it an agent trying to land him a better deal we're offering? Like with Zeki Fryers?

khoazany

Sounds more like we are not too keen to keep him rather than him not wanting to stay? Or is it an agent trying to land him a better deal we're offering? Like with Zeki Fryers?
We think we have better talents in his position, though I wouldn't necessarily agree.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I'm guessing Warren and Olusunde are being rated above him so we aren't too bothered about if he leaves or not. Like Khoazany I wouldn't necessarily agree with that myself, but it seems that is the way the club feels. Personally, I think he is quite the player. If he is going to a Championship club then I wouldn't be surprised to see him getting first team action this season, the lad is a bloody tank.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Have to say having only watched the Brazil and Man City highlights posted in this thread, I really like the look of this lad.

Obviously very quick, seems strong and physical for his age aswell, with an ability to defend on the front and back foot which bodes well. He also looked incredibly composed in possession, and his passing is very quick and direct.

If he's progressed well, continues to develop physically and plays with a similar mentality and level of confidence at senior level I think you've got a very good prospect on your hands here. I don't think he's as good as TFM but I genuinely believe he could be elite at either CB or DM depending on where his role is seen, but with Ro-Shaun Williams I'm thinking definitely possible he can reach Chris Smalling level and become a similar player just better on the ball.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
WILLIAMS WELL AHEAD OF SCHEDULE AT UNITED
Ro-Shaun Williams is the final interviewee in an exclusive five-part series focusing on Manchester United's young stars hoping for a big 2016/17 season...

It is remarkable to consider Ro-Shaun Williams is still eligible for another season of Under-18 Academy football as he is very much ahead of schedule in terms of his development.

The Manchester-born centre-back does not turn 18 until September 2016 and yet emerged as a key figure in the Under-21 title success last term, while also twice being named a first-team substitute for big home cup games against West Ham (FA Cup) and Liverpool (Europa League). A quiet personality who is maturing all the time on the field, he must deal with big expectations for the upcoming campaign.

While Williams is again likely to be called upon for FA Youth Cup action - as is the norm at United while a youngster still qualifies, regardless of his progress up the ladder - he will surely be looking upwards from the outset. "My aim is just to work hard and play for the Under-21s," he insisted. "Hopefully, I’ll have a solid season and see if I can push for the first team. I took in a lot of good experiences over the course of the season and can hopefully build on them next term."

By keeping his feet firmly on the ground, Williams displays the traits long associated with the club's youth products. He has seen his pals grasp their first-team chance and appreciates just how close he came to making his debut at such a young age. "It’s just about keeping your head down," he said. "Hopefully, it’s then a case of getting my opportunity and taking it. I was on the bench against West Ham first and it was just a great feeling. I was very happy. I was just a case of the atmosphere being different. You hear the crowd on the TV and when you’re in the stadium but you can’t really appreciate it. When you’re involved, the atmosphere just feels clearer and better."

The noise of the crowd would not have been anything new to the defender. He watches most of the games from the Stretford End, like his Academy colleagues, and it is all part of the learning process, absorbing the surroundings. "We go to all the first-team games at Old Trafford so we can learn stuff and it’s a case of getting used to being there," he admitted. "You see what you can learn from the game. You study different situations and different teams, and you watch the players in your own position. In my case, Daley Blind and Chris Smalling played well throughout the season – they were solid and kept lots of clean sheets."

Like Marcus Rashford and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, Williams is another prospect to emerge from schoolboy side Fletcher Moss. Brought up in nearby Whalley Range as a United fan, he feels completely at ease with his local club and believes he is in the right place to continue his development.

"I probably used to spend more time here [at the Aon Training Complex] than with my parents as I was living in digs so I was always here with the boys - Axel [Tuanzebe], Marcus [Rashford] and the others," he said. "It’s just like home really."

When asked to rate his own season, which was pretty exceptional, Williams was honest enough to admit he still he has a long way to go. "It was good," he said. "It was quite a long season with a lot of hard work. I did a lot of good things but there are still many things I can improve on. It was a good experience winning the Under-21 league, away to Tottenham. We should have put the game to bed earlier as we went 2-0 up but they got back to 2-2. We won it in the true Manchester United way, with a last-minute goal. There is no better way to win the league than that."

Williams is not alone in crediting the work done by title-winning coach Warren Joyce and recognising the role he plays in young players' development.

"Warren pushes us every day in training," said Williams. "We are 100 per cent flat out in training so, when it comes to the games, everyone knows their roles and just go 100 per cent into the match until the very last minute. Warren is quite tough with everyone really but he’s a good manager because he gets the best out of players. When they do get to step up to the first team, they’re ready and it’s shown with Marcus, Cameron and Tim [Fosu-Mensah]. They’ve all gone up to the first team and done well."

You would get slim odds on Williams being one of the next in line for a senior debut if he can impress new United manager Jose Mourinho. As the teenager himself stresses, his first priority is to continue making his mark for Joyce's team and, after all, many of his peers are expected to be in Under-18 action in August. Whatever happens, the classy centre-back remains one to watch.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...outh-feature-interview-ro-shaun-williams.aspx

Ephrem

He along with Tuanzbe will the future of CB. This guy is a born leader too

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
My track record on bigging up our kids is pretty lamentable - I once said John Curtis would be a FEC - so I am loth to push RoShaun, but I really like the looks of this kid. He is fast, cool , tall and strong. I really hope he gets an opportunity under Jose, if not in the 1st XI, then at least in the squad.

khoazany

Has been a long time since we last saw a first-year academy scholar being U21s regular at this club - it's telling about how ahead of the usual development stage he is.In fact I don't think we should keep him in the U21s for the whole season next season.

How to handle him and Tuanzebe (and even Poole/Warren) will be a tricky question in the next few years with the number of young defenders we have (even Jones is quite young).

Hopefully will be included in the pre-season squad.It's a tricky one this year to guess how many youth players will be included.

Last edited:

ReDDHDevilS

He's ready I believe. I hope Mourinho drafts him into the first team this season.

Some games at RB shouldn't be a problem. He's good on the ball, strong and very rapid.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I would much rather we sold Jones and Rojo and gave RoShaun, TFM, Tuanzebe a run for the spot.

Two that never will amount to much, versus our possible future at CB. Loosing one of Jones\Rojo will be offset by the signing of Bailly, then we can afford to have the fourth spot occupied by youngsters.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Tyler Reid isn't too bad either.. we have a really good crop of defensive players coming through
That he wouldn't wear a Manchester United shirt next season.

And Premier League.
A shame the informations were true

jb8521

Not heard of him for quite a while now. Anyone know how he's progressing?
He's only played 8 games all season because of injury and a lot of them were at right back so he hasn't had much chance to progress

FromTheBench

Is it me or Young players in British football get more long term injuries than in other countries ?

MJJ

I would much rather we sold Jones and Rojo and gave RoShaun, TFM, Tuanzebe a run for the spot.

Two that never will amount to much, versus our possible future at CB. Loosing one of Jones\Rojo will be offset by the signing of Bailly, then we can afford to have the fourth spot occupied by youngsters.
:smirk:

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
And yes some of the posts above did jump the gun haha, but who would have foreseen that Jones and Rojo would come on in the way they have. Been magnificent

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Really wish people would keep posts like this to themselves, normal practise is to hide rather than openly flaunt your ignorance
Really wish people wouldn't quote two year old posts to illustrate their political correctness.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Really wish people wouldn't quote two year old posts to illustrate their political correctness.
Political correctness? Is this the asshole's go to defence when called out on their b*llshit?
If you don't think there is anything wrong with your post then cool, but I will tell you and I think others will agree it's not cool. This isn't the place to debate all of this though as I don't want to derail the thread.

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Any updates on RoShaun? Getting the knee injury was the last time I heard about him, and that was ages ago. Always thought he was slightly more promising than Axel although both are exceptional talents. It would be great to have both of them, aswell as Pereira and Fosu-Mensah, competing for positions in the first team squad next season.

With the few deadrubber games left, I'm crossing my fingers for Gribbin to make his debut too.