Roy Keane the pundit

What did he say about England? I turned off after the final whistle.

Basically called Ian Wright out for talking about the final and parades before you've even won the semi final.

Keane showed his winning mentality and wright took the piss out of his Irish accent. Voices started to get slightly raised.

Gary Neville sat in the middle clearly not wanting to say anything to Roy, probably knowing how mad he can get!

Ian Wright is a jester, offers no insight on the game.

Mainoldo

Keane just a miserable old man!! Only the foolish were getting carried away. Knowone expected England to get this far and they done the country proud. Keane’s acting like we thought we were Spain 2010.

lsd

The Oracle
Keane just a miserable old man!! Only the foolish were getting carried away. Knowone expected England to get this far and they done the country proud. Keane’s acting like we thought we were Spain 2010.

Excuse me ? if I had heard it's coming home one more time id have moved to Australia .

Zlatattack

I think Keane's comments were unfair. Yeah the media hype and the fans we're all planning knighthoods and shit like that, but the players were focused and dedicated. The difference was Croatia had the extra bit of quality, experience and killer instinct.

The likes of Modric, Mandzukic and Rakatic have seen it all. Englands best players are still green. They took thier limited chances, we didn't. If it was 2-0 at half time we could have sat back and hurt them on the counter in the second half.

If these players reach the peak expected of them, there is no reason in 4 years time these players shouldn't look to go toe to toe with the best in the world again. It'll probably never be this easy, but to be the best you have to beat the rest.

Charlie Foley

Wright was being a bit of a prick too, openly mocking Roy by repeating the word final in an Irish accent while Roy was trying to make his point.
Roy: "You're a grown man you played the game."

Wright "Lol you have a funny accent."

As someone else said, difference between Fergie's United and Wenger's Arsenal. Good man Roy. Well in Croatia too. Don't mind this England team at all but feck off all the same.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think Keane's comments were unfair. Yeah the media hype and the fans we're all planning knighthoods and shit like that, but the players were focused and dedicated. The difference was Croatia had the extra bit of quality, experience and killer instinct.

The likes of Modric, Mandzukic and Rakatic have seen it all. Englands best players are still green. They took thier limited chances, we didn't. If it was 2-0 at half time we could have sat back and hurt them on the counter in the second half.

If these players reach the peak expected of them, there is no reason in 4 years time these players shouldn't look to go toe to toe with the best in the world again. It'll probably never be this easy, but to be the best you have to beat the rest.
He wasn't having a go at the players though he was having a go at the pundits and media. He was 100% on the money too.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...

Did you even watch the post match show, what relevance does any of that have to what Keane said? In fact Keane was complimentary of the players and Southgate.

automaticflare

He wasn't having a go at the players though he was having a go at the pundits and media. He was 100% on the money too.

Yep again why England are hated is not to do with the players it’s all the media and fans hype and delusion and in acceptance of how fecking poor they are

Some wins agains mediocre opponents on the easiest route ever to final and found wanting

Roy is spot on

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yep again why England are hated is not to do with the players it’s all the media and fans hype and delusion and in acceptance of how fecking poor they are

Some wins agains mediocre opponents on the easiest route ever to final and found wanting

Roy is spot on
Look at how they are attacking their own players now as well. Instead of praising them they can't wait to rip them to shreds. It's fecking insane.

Hoof the ball

What an immense character. Absolutely unequivocally a winner through and through. Does not suffer fools at all. Whatever might be said about Roy, one thing is certain; he does not accept 2nd best attitudes.

automaticflare

Look at how they are attacking their own players now as well. Instead of praising them they can't wait to rip them to shreds. It's fecking insane.
Oh yes once the beer wears off

Finger pointing at Kane for missing chance
Sterling for being poor
Walker for Croatia goal

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He might have something to laugh about if he'd ever done anything on the international stage besides storming off like a spoilt child in 2002.
If it wasn't for Keane they wouldn't even be playing in a WC - The matches against Holland were probably one of his best ever

Zlatattack

Did you even watch the post match show, what relevance does any of that have to what Keane said? In fact Keane was complimentary of the players and Southgate.
Tbh I didn't. I only saw the clip that was posted. Probably ought to reserve judgement in that case.

Zoo

Keane was very complimentary about Southgate particularly and the players. He has just spoken the truth but it’s not what people want to hear right now. ITV shouldn’t have had him on tonight.

vangagal

Roy Keane has the personality of absolute winner and grade A cnut in the same equal measure. Englishmen can be a bit happy but he was right, the wankfest is a bit too much and they should go all out for the all thing while still at it. Not accepting 2nd best attitude is what made him the best. I remember him not happy at all when lifted Community Shield or Carling Cup trpphy it was?(cant remember exactly) but he is a winner.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I fecking love Roy. 100% on the money about this mentality the English media have at times. Also Wrighty is a bit of cnut for mocking Keane for his accent. He let himself down there.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Roy Keane has the personality of absolute winner and grade A cnut in the same equal measure. Englishmen can be a bit happy but he was right, the wankfest is a bit too much and they should go all out for the all thing while still at it. Not accepting 2nd best attitude is what made him the best. I remember him not happy at all when lifted Community Shield or Carling Cup trpphy it was?(cant remember exactly) but he is a winner.
Aye It's was the Charity Shield. He just stood there like thinking - I'd rather be fecking walking my dog through the mud right now.

Art Vandelay

Keane was very complimentary about Southgate particularly and the players. He has just spoken the truth but it’s not what people want to hear right now. ITV shouldn’t have had him on tonight.
I disagree there, mate. I think they absolutely should have had him on tonight. That broadcast goes out to the whole of the UK, not just England. Last time they had Wright, Neville and Dixon on together for an England game it just became a circle jerk. They seem to forget that a lot of people in the rest of the UK just want to watch a match and have a bit of objectivity in the analysis.

acnumber9

I disagree there, mate. I think they absolutely should have had him on tonight. That broadcast goes out to the whole of the UK, not just England. Last time they had Wright, Neville and Dixon on together for an England game it just became a circle jerk. They seem to forget that a lot of people in the rest of the UK just want to watch a match and have a bit of objectivity in the analysis.
I don’t think you’re allowed to make that point without sarcasm and being called bitter.

Fluctuation0161

We did have a piss easy run of games this year though. May not be repeated In 4 years...

Art Vandelay

Very. Really you should’ve just left your country to watch it elsewhere.
Well, this is embarassing. Lucky I didn't mention the often nauseatingly one eyed commentary that you'd roll your eyes at if someone in a pub was coming out with.

Although to be fair, I suppose every countries coverage gets like that. The problem here is that they aren't covering it for one country and it's hard to look past for the rest of us honorary Croats... I mean residents of the UK... :nervous:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Well, this is embarassing. Lucky I didn't mention the often nauseatingly one eyed commentary that you'd roll your eyes at if someone in a pub was coming out with.

Although to be fair, I suppose every countries coverage gets like that. The problem here is that they aren't covering it for one country and it's hard to look past for the rest of us honorary Croats... I mean residents of the UK... :nervous:
That is a good point you made there. The coverage of England games are totally geared towards England fans when it is a UK coverage. Lots of 'us' and 'we' being used which grates a bit when you're not from England.