Roy Keane the pundit

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Did anyone else watch the show? I did and Keane didn't come across as 'angry and bitter' at all. He came across as honest, insightful, proud of his time at United and with a good sense of humour.

Made me laugh when they brought up Keown acting like a dickhead, as it clearly still riles him and he acted exactly how any other proper United supporter would when reminded of that.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Did anyone else watch the show? I did and Keane didn't come across as 'angry and bitter' at all. He came across as honest, insightful, proud of his time at United and with a good sense of humour.

Made me laugh when they brought up Keown acting like a dickhead, as it clearly still riles him and he acted exactly how any other proper United supporter would when reminded of that.
I watched it.

Keane is a United fan and still goes to United games I believe.

Yes, every so often he says something pointed about United. I think that's partly down to how it ended for him at Old Trafford (not to mention as a pundit he's paid for controversy).

He clearly loves United. Always will. Even if his relationship with Fergie and some of the hierarchy soured.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
I watched it.

Keane is a United fan and still goes to United games I believe.

Yes, every so often he says something pointed about United. I think that's partly down to how it ended for him at Old Trafford (not to mention as a pundit he's paid for controversy).

He clearly loves United. Always will. Even if his relationship with Fergie and some of the hierarchy soured.
Agreed. He's never said anything derogatory about the club that hardcore united fans don't agree with anyway. As for his punditry well it's typical Keane to go against the grain.

He spoke glowingly of Fergie on the show. Loved the bit about how the midweek training matches where harder than the actual games.

Also as I said as the bit when they played the RVN v Arsenal clip and he got that look in his eye.:lol:

'Look at em, look at Parlour' :lol:

clarkydaz

He was a hell of a player, and watching him on TV is always entertaining but my God the man's a grade A cnut.

He seems a very bitter, angry, argumentative and unhappy man . I couldn't imagine being around him on a day to day basis for very long at all. Negativity just oozes from him and he always seems to be one wrong word from exploding. Reminds me a lot of my Grandad who I hated being around. Perpetually unhappy and angry with the world and everything within it.
:lol:

to be fair I assumed Liverpool/city fans would like him for being the only man to openly go up against Ferguson

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Both of us probably have no love for him but as a pundit don't we need characters like his?He's entertaining and we need that in punditry because we both know how the mass majority are. Boring bastards the lot of them, so I say give us Keanes' cnutness and bitterness any day of the week. At least he's honest and entertaining at the best of times. The likes of Scholes were still saying Rooney was world class on BT last seaosn, who was one of the first pundits to say Rooney was nowhere near the player he first was on tv? Keane. My point is, he isn't blinded by bias either, he's a class pundit. Maybe not 'class' but funny as feck for sure :lol:
Yeah, like I said he's entertaining whenever he's on. I just wouldn't wanna be related to or have to work with him :D there's a few like him in other sports, McEnroe, Eric Bristow etc. Complete and utter cnuts but great to watch cos they'll speak the truth even if it gets them lambasted.

Jamie Redknapp for some explicable reason has started copying Keane lately, it's bizarre. Saw him arguing with Gerrard recently and I was sat there thinking he's got his big boy pants on today.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, like I said he's entertaining whenever he's on. I just wouldn't wanna be related to or have to work with him :D there's a few like him in other sports, McEnroe, Eric Bristow etc. Complete and utter cnuts but great to watch cos they'll speak the truth even if it gets them lambasted.

Jamie Redknapp for some explicable reason has started copying Keane lately, it's bizarre. Saw him arguing with Gerrard recently and I was sat there thinking he's got his big boy pants on today.
Redknapp may support us and he did captain us but I don't think I should have to pay as much as I do to listen to his thoughts. A bit dim, debate with Carra at weekend proved that.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Redknapp may support us and he did captain us but I don't think I should have to pay as much as I do to listen to his thoughts. A bit dim, debate with Carra at weekend proved that.
A bit dim is probably the best compliment you could give him :) that lad was blessed to be born into a football family and have good lucks cos on brains alone he'd be one of the people you see on YouTube painting SOTP on the roads. He always reminds me of that horrible period of the Spice Boys. I know there were a few others at the time but he epitomised it more than Fowler or the two Macs.

Inter Yer Nan

A bit dim is probably the best compliment you could give him :) that lad was blessed to be born into a football family and have good lucks cos on brains alone he'd be one of the people you see on YouTube painting SOTP on the roads. He always reminds me of that horrible period of the Spice Boys. I know there were a few others at the time but he epitomised it more than Fowler or the two Macs.
Fowler also had a face like the smell of gas and the charisma or a rotten beansprout.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Are we just defending Keane there just for the sake of it? I love him and Van Nistelrooy more so, but come on RVN did manage to rile their entire side up and it was obvious that he would be criticized heavily. The criticism turned into bullying after that penalty miss which was over the top but if I was an Arsenal player, I think I would have been a part of that. RVN behaved was just a toned down version of Costa vs Arsenal. Having said that, the red card for Vieira was warranted.

Bestietom

I loved him as our captain and midfield general.

But Roy Keane the person is a bitter, miserable guy and I am glad he's not on Sky or BT Sports so I don't have to put up with his petulant hard man act every time we play.

Anyone else fed up with him or does everyone here adore Roy?
I named my Jack Russell terrier after "Keano" he is now 11 years old and can no longer fight like he used to.

keane should take heed, the hard man image, doesn't cut any ice now.

Great captain, but sometimes now, has too much to say, and in the wrong tone.

Minimalist

I genuinely don't remember Van Nistelrooy being an arsehole at all in that match. My memory is that it (the post-match handbags) was all down to Vieira's sending off.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
I haven't seen a better player in United shirt. (except of Ronaldo)

POF

It still baffles me that Arsenal fans think Vieira shouldn't have been sent off that day. He was already booked and kicked out at Van Nistelrooy. Didn't make contact but was shown a second yellow. It was totally deserved.
Throughout that rivalry, Arsenal were absolutely delusional. United had in-built confidence. Arsenal had delusional arrogance. It's why they fell from "Invincibles" to also rans so dramatically quickly.

Are we just defending Keane there just for the sake of it? I love him and Van Nistelrooy more so, but come on RVN did manage to rile their entire side up and it was obvious that he would be criticized heavily. The criticism turned into bullying after that penalty miss which was over the top but if I was an Arsenal player, I think I would have been a part of that. RVN behaved was just a toned down version of Costa vs Arsenal. Having said that, the red card for Vieira was warranted.
What did he do that was so bad? Arsenal's biggest gripe seemed to be that he looked at the referee after Vieira tried to kick him.

RedFish

Throughout that rivalry, Arsenal were absolutely delusional. United had in-built confidence. Arsenal had delusional arrogance. It's why they fell from "Invincibles" to also rans so dramatically quickly.

What did he do that was so bad? Arsenal's biggest gripe seemed to be that he looked at the referee after Vieira tried to kick him.
Yep. I thought he was remarkable in his restraint, in the face of unbelievable aggression from Keown et al. The Arsenal players were nothing short of a disgrace that day.

United_We_Stand

I generally agree with Keane on this

My only concern about Mourinho is that he seems to be distracted by the so-called critics out there," Keane said on ITV. "He is probably paid eight, nine or ten million pounds a year so focus on your own job. Rise above that. He should be better than that, but he seems to be easily upset.
"Shut up and get on with your job. You are getting very well paid for it."

Keane also showed his allegiance to United with digs at Pep Guardiola's formidable Manchester City and Jurgen Klopp's lagging Liverpool.
"My only concern for City is that I still think it is in their DNA as a club to mess things up," Keane sniped. "They have previous where we have got carried away with City, but they will take some stopping this year."
It’s hard to figure out Liverpool at the moment," Keane added. "It’s hard to get excited about them. For me they are going nowhere fast and come the end of the season when the prizes are being handed out Liverpool will be nowhere near.

"I think if they were playing in my back garden I wouldn’t watch them. Let's be honest they are going nowhere. At the back, there are question marks over the goalkeeper, the defenders. I don’t have too much to say about Liverpool."
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-news-roy-keane-13846599

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Some decent stuff from Keane in my opinion post the Sevilla match. May have to turn the volume up though.

Web of Bissaka

:D For once, I'm in agreement with Roy Keane.

Some bits:
-United is still baby steps, players still getting to know each other, playing too individualistic. (Make sense actually, two of our attackers are new this season).

-The piece about Pogba, I'm with Roy Keane here. It's not just Pogba which is off form and inconsistent, Lukaku and Sanchez are as well. Can't blame it all on Pogba.

ZAGREB RED

So even Keane says it looks like the players have only met each other.
That applied very much to last night, barely put any coherent moves together the entire game and the chances United coughed up in the final few minutes of the first half were unbelievable. Lindelof and Smalling together at CB always looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Jinn

He was spot on with all of it. Especially the bit about Lukaku.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Have actually met Joe and I agree he can appear a right knob on TV but he is actually a very, very nice man and absolutely hilarious.
I can back you up on that one. Joe is sound; had a pint with him once. I always enjoy Roy Keane. Don't always agree with his take of course, but his committment to the cause for Ireland and for MUFC was unrivalled.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I haven't seen a better player in United shirt. (except of Ronaldo)
Ronaldo? What? Feckin' Ronaldo? Feckin' girl's blouse of a player. Talented lad, a'right, I'll give him that. United shirt meant nothin' to the guy. Took the first fekin' bus to Madrid.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
The bit about bringing his personality on to the pitch:

“Pogba is a really good player. He’s under lots of pressure at the moment. There’s lots of speculation about him,” Keane told ITV. “He was left out but you’d still have Pogba in your starting XI.

“I look at Pogba off the field. He seems to have a big personality, whether it be social media, the cars he drives, his haircut. He needs to bring that onto the football pitch.
Flies in the face of what others are saying. Well said.

Ban

Some decent stuff from Keane in my opinion post the Sevilla match. May have to turn the volume up though.

At last someone who isn't criticizing absolutely everything United related as it's happening last few weeks. Great stuff from Keano. He'd be a great poster here.
:)
Nice shirt too. :D

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Always have time to listen to Keane. Even if it’s completely bitter