g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Roy Keane the pundit

Peanut Butter

I'm worried about you Peanut. You've fallen into the trap of thinking it's OK to say whatever you like because you're on the Internet. Don't join in with the sanctimonious masses on social media, it's not a good look.
That's not true! I'm not one of them meanies who abuses someone on Twitter or Facebook. This is a discussion forum and I have given an opinion on Keane the pundit.

He isn't going to read my views so it won't hurt anyone.

Dobbs

That's not true! I'm not one of them meanies who abuses someone on Twitter or Facebook. This is a discussion forum and I have given an opinion on Keane the pundit.

He isn't going to read my views so it won't hurt anyone.
You called him "a self important bellend who doesn't like anyone but himself." That's nothing to do with his ability as a pundit. You're just slating the bloke. It's poor form.

Moiraine

it wasn't Keane's place to have a go at the young players like he did. He should have trusted in Fergie and known that the great man, despite being a cnut himself, would have a plan to progress.

The truth is, Keane was on his last legs as a player anyway, he didn't get booted out just for that
Exactly, and only with the addition of Carrick, those young players reclaimed the title the very next season 2006-07 after his outburst. That was a real slap on this bitter bitter ex-captain who is only having a go at United and United's youngsters because of his personal grudge. I was absolutely 100% in favour of terminating his contract and showing him the door. That title in 2006-07 is still my most favorite season til date.

On Keane's subject, he should take a look at himself in the mirror as it wasn't only Ferguson who kicked him out, remember the episode before world cup 2002. No matter how bigger person you are or how great player you have been, you really should know your place. He was bang out of order on those occasions, and ever since he has been a pundit. Bitterness can only bring further humiliation.

Peanut Butter

You called him "a self important bellend who doesn't like anyone but himself." That's nothing to do with his ability as a pundit. You're just slating the bloke. It's poor form.
Ok, apologies. He is a poor pundit because he cannot separate his personal and professional feelings and also seems to show extreme bitterness towards Man Utd, Sir Alex and now Jose Mourinho on a regular basis.

Timdbro

Some times he talks utter shit! To claim our reserves could beat Rostov is so laughable.....
That was probably the most stupid part of his rant, he's either not kept up to date with European football this season, or more likely exaggerating way too much to try and make a point.

Ken Barlow

Keane has said Mourinho is a great manager. He just doesn't like him. Which I'd suggest is an opinion plenty on here held about 12 months ago.
My comment was in relation to Keano being prepared to aggressively criticise Jose in public, knowing with his history and ties to the club, it would create headlines. My point being, that he can probably expect an unpleasant word or two back about Sunderland and Ipswich being "too big for Roy Keane". Hope Jose avoids getting into a public spat.

Client6

Roy Keane seems to have bought into his own image painted by the United fans which is extremely unlike the image itself.

He's a cracked egg now.

red4ever 79

Love him. Spot on again. Sick of the moaning and complaining from Mourinho. Dont remember the great one complaining about our schedule in 1999

Rory 7

He wasn't sent home, he was put into a position where he choose to be sent home. That's where all the shit about Keane feeling he fell into a trap comes from.
Its ok though, Roy himself says he was in the wrong and would do things differently but hey ho. Those divets on a pitch huh?
If we don't qualify this year then we'll have a generation of 20 year olds who hope to see us in a World Cup for the first time in Russia
KEANO! KEANO!
He wasn't sent home? Ok. There was wrong on both sides but your argument is Keane is at fault for our failure to qualify for successive world cups. Utterly bizarre.

Green_Red

He doesn't seem to like anything very much.

Whenever he comes out with something, it's always negative. He was even saying we were shite when we were winning titles
Thats true though, Ferguson's last 3 to 5 years were utter shite in terms of quality of play.

criticalanalysis

There's some truth to Keane's comment though isn't there?

The fixture if fecking insane but Mourinho hasn't exactly done himself any favours with the lack of rotation. Half our squad have barely played the whole season ffs.

spwd

He's turned into a complete prat if you ask me, joses comments about other leagues helping the teams still in Europe is legitimate so Rk is talking out his ass, legend, but an an ass now!

Howzit_Bru

Why when Scholes had a go a Van Gaal last season he is a "legend"

Keane gives his opinion and he is "bitter" "an ass" "bellend" etc etc...

Sereques

Because Keane is stupid, Mourinho is not exactly complaining about the number of games, his complaints is about scheduling.

Strachans Cigar

Keane is just a belligerent personality. Good job he's got the money to live in a mansion because he'd be falling out with all his neighbours most likely :mad:

To be fair though, you cannot accuse the man of hypocrisy or ever being two faced. He tells it as he sees it, which I think are generally good qualities. If he thinks you're a cnut, he won't think it inwardly and say nothing. He'll tell you why. Of course as a result, he'll burn some bridges.

So on balance, I don't mind him even though I don't always agree with him.

The United

Tbf, it depends on the mood. Jose is still in honeymoon period with many of us. Not in his 2nd season struggling to get in top 4.

If this was his 2nd season, I think we would have more people wanting to talk a bit more harshly about jose.

Werd.

I literally lol'd after watching Keane's giving his thoughts. He was ready to smash the feck out of somebody :lol:

Frank Grimes

The only reason Keane slated Mourinho so badly was really because Mourinho inferred he was uneducated when Keane was at Villa as assistant and Mourinho went to shake hands before the game had ended and Keane had called him disrespectful. Keane can't let anything go.
Having said that Mourinho has become tiresome lately talking about fixtures and especially when mentioning Chelsea and Liverpool's lack of games. Can't be good for the team to hear the team manager moan the whole time, especially as he failed to rotate the squad properly .

Last edited:

worcesterred

Love him. Spot on again. Sick of the moaning and complaining from Mourinho. Dont remember the great one complaining about our schedule in 1999
Fergie usually moaned about the fixture pile up, in 1997 for example he wanted the season to be extended beyond its intended finishing date. He also moaned about the scheduling of the Leeds game after coming back from Turin in 1999.

The United

Fergie usually moaned about the fixture pile up, in 1997 for example he wanted the season to be extended beyond its intended finishing date. He also moaned about the scheduling of the Leeds game after coming back from Turin in 1999.
Thought it was 1992 that he tried to extend it?

Also comparing Jose to SAF whenever jose did something stupid or negative is a bit ridiculous considering people hardly compare him to SAF in positive things.

It is good that our fans stick up for our manager. As long as they know jose has to prove some more for all of us to deal with all of his shits.

Last edited:

The United

The only reason Keane slated Mourinho so badly was really because Mourinho inferred he was uneducated when Keane was at Villa as assistant and Mourinho went to shake hands before the game had ended and Keane had called him disrespectful. Keane can't let anything go.
Having said that Mourinho has become tiresome lately talking about fixtures and especially when mentioning Chelsea and Liverpool's lack of games. Can't be good for the team to hear the team manager moan the whole time, especially as he failed to rotate the squad properly .
I wonder if some of the players think similar to how some fans getting fed up with his moaning. I don't know.

But, I have to say though that he rotated the squad a lot more than he usually did with his old teams. Which is a good thing imo.

Yes he does not rotate or sub Zlatan or pogba early in some games. Which is weird.

I think he rotated the rest of squad enough and I am actually surprised that he is saying we are 'very' tired. I don't think we are or should be in 'red zone' at this point of the season. At least not more so than any other top teams that are still in 2-3 competitions.

Boycott

I wonder if some of the players think similar to how some fans getting fed up with his moaning. I don't know.

But, I have to say though that he rotated the squad a lot more than he usually did with his old teams. Which is a good thing imo.

Yes he does not rotate or sub Zlatan or pogba early in some games. Which is weird.

I think he rotated the rest of squad enough and I am actually surprised that he is saying we are 'very' tired. I don't think we are or should be in 'red zone' at this point of the season. At least not more so than any other top teams that are still in 2-3 competitions.
His last months at Chelsea were the ramblings of a mad man. If I were a player then having to hear about conspiracies and deluded mental gymnastics I'd have got fed up. The act gets tiresome.

He hasn't been that bad at Utd yet thankfully.

The United

His last months at Chelsea were the ramblings of a mad man. If I were a player then having to hear about conspiracies and deluded mental gymnastics I'd have got fed up. The act gets tiresome.

He hasn't been that bad at Utd yet thankfully.
Yeah hopefully we never see that shit side of his here. Which might mean we would be doing good.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Keane has a point to be fair, other than going to Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup the other draws have been kind to us.

Sounds a lot like José is getting his excuses in early. He can be such a negative person. Enemies that are out to get us...Ok José.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Because Keane is bitter as feck. This is the same Roy Keane who didn't include Giggs, Scholes or Neville in his best United team because they are close to Fergie. The man has lost it since he retired. He'll just say anything for controversy these days and holds a big grudge against United and Mourinho. Scholes doesn't.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
A lot of people seem to be ignoring that fact.

Peanut Butter

Because Keane is bitter as feck. This is the same Roy Keane who didn't include Giggs, Scholes or Neville in his best United team because they are close to Fergie. The man has lost it since he retired. He'll just say anything for controversy these days and holds a big grudge against United and Mourinho. Scholes doesn't.
Yep.

Chekhov

Supports
A wife and three kids
Exactly. This "tells it like it is" business is pure bulls--t.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Why 1999 exclusively? Because we've won the triple then? What about years later when the great one was moaning about schedules? Doesn't count for some reason?

Fergie was always moaning about the lack of proper winter break too, which is all about tiredness.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Why would anyone hire this guy as a pundit? Owen, Phil Nev and Hargreaves too...

Souness, Carragher, Rio, Shearer and Henry (not that he adds much) are the only ones I can stand.

clarkydaz

Why would anyone hire this guy as a pundit? Owen, Phil Nev and Hargreaves too...

Souness, Carragher, Rio, Shearer and Henry (not that he adds much) are the only ones I can stand.
He's controversial, prime reason you would hire him. He's the Simon Cowell of football pundits

GM K

I don't particularly think that Keane plays up or acts up as a hard man. He is a hard man.

And what he said this time was not exactly controversial at all. A few fans are a bit tired of jose's moaning with fixtures. Nothing wrong with it. It does not mean they scream hard to sack him as well. Not many can tolerate certain stuff when you keep doing it again and again.

Funny thing is how jose said we had so many enemies and being treated unfair etc is not controversial at all? But, apparently for some people, Keane or someone telling him to stfu because it is getting tiresome is.

Doesn't United have many 'enemies'?

Aren't people on Pogba's back?

Aren't the fixtures insane?

If the EPL wants to start doing better in Europe, they had better listen to that man.

As for talking nonsense, it comes with Mr. Mourinho. Sports always has 'em. Ali, McEnroe, Maradona, even Keane talks nonsense a lot.

Jose is like a mother hen who goes completely nuts whenever she perceives anything or anyone wants to harm the chicks.

I like that.

The problem is that it's fine when the results are good but it becomes problematic when the results go south. Let's see how things pan out.

My thinking is always this: study them before hiring them. Once you've hired them, live with 'em. Jose was always going to talk nonsense. That's one of the things that define him. The best aspect of it is that it takes a lot of the pressures off the boys.

Just watch Pogba come into his own next season. I'm betting on that.

The United

Doesn't United have many 'enemies'?

Aren't people on Pogba's back?

Aren't the fixtures insane?

If the EPL wants to start doing better in Europe, they had better listen to that man.

As for talking nonsense, it comes with Mr. Mourinho. Sports always has 'em. Ali, McEnroe, Maradona, even Keane talks nonsense a lot.

Jose is like a mother hen who goes completely nuts whenever she perceives anything or anyone wants to harm the chicks.

I like that.

The problem is that it's fine when the results are good but it becomes problematic when the results go south. Let's see how things pan out.

My thinking is always this: study them before hiring them. Once you've hired them, live with 'em. Jose was always going to talk nonsense. That's one of the things that define him. The best aspect of it is that it takes a lot of the pressures off the boys.

Just watch Pogba come into his own next season. I'm betting on that.
All those things happens to other teams and their players in England. Nothing so special about it. Every fans think everyone else is attacking their teams.

There is no indication that EPL wants their teams to do better in Europe. So it answers the question itself.

No one said he can't talk nonsense. He can. Just as people can call him out for talking nonsense too. People have to live with that also. Jose the winner defines him. Not just the trash talker who loses his shit.

A lot of ex players said mind games are nonsense. If so, taking pressure off the boys by talking shit could be that too. What more is that players at this club and this level always have pressure. You would want them to be thrived under it most of the time. That's how you create winners.

Funny thing is there is not much proof that this trash talking is helping in anyway about how we are playing when he does it. Between Nov-Dec, we won a lot and he was calm as cucumber most of the time. Our mind master SAF even pointed out that.

Point is that he is probably doing it because he can't control it when he gets emotional more so than all these mastermindings of taking the pressure off from the boys. He laid it to a lot of his own players before. It sure took pressures off from the chelsea boys that they thought they didn't have to compete anymore and being in epl was enough last season.

Never said Pogba is bad. In fact I like him and I think he will be an excellent player once he learns some more discipline as a CM.

Last edited: