Roy Keane

Robbie Boy

VVD has been a monumental wank stain since the hype train went crazy after his move to the scousers.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
He should have made the prawn sandwich brigade comment about the atmosphere which decidedly flat at Anfield.

Hughie77

I'd Agree with Keane on this one.. what does VVD want a team to do... ? Leave them score , Onana has done enough of those in the CL already.

VVD ..who the feck does he think he is, Beckenbauer .. ??

Bangor_Red

Strange comment. Surely the whole point of tactics is to negate the strengths of opponents. Hence playing differently against different teams. Also commenting that if we'd tried to go for it more they could have countered, the whole idea of counter attacking is allowing a team that dominates possession as Liverpool do is to hit them on the counter when you win the ball back after they've pushed forward. Them not getting to counter attack is down to their own tactics not ours. Finally they did get a few counter attacks anyway and they did noting with them

SuperiorXI

Sour grapes from VVD. The reality is United were coming to Anfield after having not scored there for several years and being on the end of multiple beatings. That's before we get to the fact that our squad is severely depleted and our form is at rock bottom. What does he want us to do? Play like prime Barca?

United came with a plan and we got something out of the game. Could have even won it.

matt10000

Sour grapes from VVD. The reality is United were coming to Anfield after having not scored there for several years and being on the end of multiple beatings. That's before we get to the fact that our squad is severely depleted and our form is at rock bottom. What does he want us to do? Play like prime Barca?

United came with a plan and we got something out of the game. Could have even won it.
Exactly.

VVD "There was only one team trying to win the game"......

There is no professional team that ever does not try and win a game, it is just a case of using the available resources in the best way possible to give the best chance of winning that game. If that means prioritising not conceding over attacking it does to mean you are not trying to win, it means that you believe your best chance with the resources available and the scenario you are in, is to not concede a goal and get a possible winner on the counter or a set play. The contingency in such an approach is that you may not get many chances and not score but by not conceding you get a point which is better than being slaughtered 7-0.

SAF played defensive when he thought it gave the team the best chance of winning e.g. Arsenal 2002

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Van Dick must think he's part of the glorious Dutch team of the 80s... seems to have delusions of being Koeman, de Boer or Rijkaard... when he's a toy f*cking soldier by comparison. A long way up his own @rse. Keano was brilliant

Leethal

XG is a load of shit.

Yea, Liverpool had a lot of shots. But a good portion were all from range with a bit of a shoot-on-sight mentality. All those little 0.1 and 0.2 XG’s add up to give a false number.

While we had far less shots, outside of Van Dijks header, from what I could see with my own eyes (not stupid stats), it looked like ours were higher quality and a higher likelihood of being a goal.

Last edited:

Trequarista10

Tbh this just makes me think how sweet it would have been if we had ratted a late winner. Imagine the scouse hysteria.

We've had plenty of games over the years where we have had all the possession but we're toothless in breaking down a stubborn defence, and then we concede to a late counter attack.

NK86

disagree. It definitely looked like United was far happier with the point than Liverpool.
What exactly are you disagreeing with? He didn't say Liverpool and United were equally happy with the point. He mere pointed out Liverpool didn't deserve to win based on their performance and a draw was a fair result. You think that's not right?

Hughie77

I watched the scum v Palace they were very fortunate to win that, game changed after Red card. Against Utd they rested players in Europa league, and lost.

Salah was ordinary, So were most of the scumbags , the onus was on them at Home they had there biggest crowd in like 100yrs and Utd kept them quiet.

This is why you get the VVD comments etc , frustrating it was for them because it's like City with those T shirts they had made we won against Utd , and we get a 2-3 win.. they thought it was going to be a easy roll over and wasn't and this is were the arrogance comes from... and Keane to say yeah won 1 title in 30yrs sums that up..

NICanRed

There are two ways to win a game.
1. Score more goals than the opposition.
2. Make sure the opposition scores fewer goals than you do.
When neither strategy works you get a draw.
Loved our commitment - deserved our draw if not maybe a little more - with luck!

Oranges038

There are two ways to win a game.
1. Score more goals than the opposition.
2. Make sure the opposition scores fewer goals than you do.
When neither strategy works you get a draw.
Loved our commitment - deserved our draw if not maybe a little more - with luck!
Thanks Michael.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Felt he was spot on about a lot of things last night (as usual) to be fair.

Last edited:

Maticmaker

Keano, still able to press the right buttons off the pitch as he was on it, my only problem with him now is he tends to start repeating himself and it can spoil the after-burn of his 'biting' one-liners.

You know that if he's one of the pundits and you have been watching a poor game, Roy will spice it up either at the half time or full time review, sometimes both!

"Its the way he tells it" :lol:

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
As an Irish person, I love the man. He speaks so much sense. Straight talker. Really hope he never goes back in to management. Unlikely, at this stage, thankfully. Whatever Sky Sports are paying him, he is worth every penny.

His performances in helping Ireland qualify for 2002 World Cup, were world class. We had Holland and Portugal in our group, Keane bossed the midfield against both.

Probably the greatest number 6 in PL history.

I was at his debut for Celtic which was a disaster, an away cup defeat against a team in league below us, but I was also at his old firm debut at Ibrox in Feb 2006, he was about 40% fit and was still man of the match and we won 1 nil.

As an aside, Wayne Rooney was at the game in amongst the Celtic fans that day.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Bruno plays Bruno's game. There is no interest in the collective. He'll continue spraying no look first time 50 yard balls. 1 in 30 will work. Opta on Twitter will say he created 6 chances (he didn't) and the internet will close their eyes, stick their fingers in their ears and keep saying; "See? He's world class. See? He's world class. See? He's world class." etc.

Mike Smalling

I think it shows why he has no future in management.
Because the assessment is wrong, or because he's too blunt about it? I can't say I disagree too much with his analysis of it. Bruno is mostly effective at creating chances and scoring goals, sometimes has a positive impact on the game, but is also often a detriment to the team with his decisions and attitude.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015

poleglass red

spot on from Keane on this one. The running 30 yards bit hit home for me as I've noticed this for years about Bruno. He runs alongside people all the time, and you think he's putting in a shift, but he never actually makes the tackle or very rarely does. The pressing he often does on his own is a silly one, because if your fellow attackers aren't closing in unison, it's futile. He's a luxury player, and that's not a compliment, when the team plays well, he does , great captains drag their teams into games when they aren't playing well, something he doesn't do. He's got ability, we know that, I just don't what football style suits him, can't a be a possession based team, because he gives it away so often.

Marwood

I think there is some truth to what Keano says but again with these pundits...
pot, kettle, black.

Keane himself was charging around everywhere. Couldn't do the No.6 role towards the end because just sitting and holding his position wasn't in his nature.

The difference is that Bruno isn't physically as good as Keane was, not as quick or strong. So it looks(and likely is) more needless and damaging.