Roy Keane

Ollie Derbyshire

it really is. It’s shocking.

even us armchair fans can see it. Yet they can’t? Friends fc!
They can still be honest and not slate him about it, nearly every manger gets fired in the end. It’s hardly new.

Going on about Ole looking at the players on the coach and thinking he’s got no chance with them, I bet all the players, bar maybe McT, think that about Ole and the coaching staff.

Some players havent got what it takes to play for us that’s true but Ole certainly doesn’t have what it takes to coach them.

ForeverRed1

I see having mates is a strange concept to some on this forum.
no, but football is football. Stats and results don’t lie and it’s bias on a platform which shouldn’t be! You can’t be bias like that when your a pundit on a game, you have to be honest.

The reason we’re In this mess is because we’re friends fc. The manager? Coaches .. they are all friends and it doesn’t mean they are good enough! What actual credentials do they have to win leagues and champions leagues? Serious question.

Ollie Derbyshire

If they ‘love’ the club like they say they do ‘mates’ shouldn’t come into it and should be able to articulate the issues without skirting around the plain as day issue.

BuzzKillington

Weird isn’t it, he pretty much said everything he could about, what is by all accounts a mate. For some on here It’s like being on TV allows you to say whatever you want about a friend or family member.

Clearly he’s not going to throw him under the bus. It’s not Roy’s fault, it’s skys for putting Roy in that position. Sky need to put some different pundits on if they want to build an “Ole Out” narrative.

ForeverRed1

They can still be honest and not slate him about it, nearly every manger gets fired in the end. It’s hardly new.

Going on about Ole looking at the players on the coach and thinking he’s got no chance with them, I bet all the players, bar maybe McT, think that about Ole and the coaching staff.

Some players havent got what it takes to play for us that’s true but Ole certainly doesn’t have what it takes to coach them.
exactly. It just makes them look bias and not neautral at all. This isn’t working and something has to give, Micah isn’t wrong!

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Look up what Charles Barkley said about Michael Jordan's running of the Charlotte Hornets back in 2012. You can be mates but still call them out for incompetency.

Then again, Jordan has refused to talk to him ever since. But Keane should have no trouble burning bridges, right?

ForeverRed1

Weird isn’t it, he pretty much said everything he could about, what is by all accounts a mate. For some on here It’s like being on TV allows you to say whatever you want about a friend or family member.

Clearly he’s not going to throw him under the bus. It’s not Roy’s fault, it’s skys for putting Roy in that position. Sky need to put some different pundits on if they want to build an “Ole Out” narrative.
I do agree with that actually. Maybe they should just have neutral pundits to avoid the bias.

RUCK4444

Keane made no sense and contradicted himself in that post match chat.

Calling out the players that Ole is unlucky enough to have to rely on yet they are players Ole bought.

Ranted without making any particular point. Same with Gary, telling us all how we are levels below our competition yet hiring a new manager is apparently pointless because it didn’t work before (so now Ole has the job permanently by default then eh Gaz?:confused:)

Ollie Derbyshire

Keane made no sense and contradicted himself in that post match chat.

Calling out the players that Ole is unlucky enough to have to rely on yet they are players Ole bought.

Ranted without making any particular point. Same with Gary, telling us all how we are levels below our competition yet hiring a new manager is apparently pointless because it didn’t work before (so now Ole has the job permanently by default then eh Gaz?:confused:)
Yep keep him till the end of the season just because a past it Van Gaal and Mourinho didn’t work out.

BuzzKillington

I do agree with that actually. Maybe they should just have neutral pundits to avoid the bias.
Neutral pundits would be an improvement. But even if Sky want some ex United pro’s on there, maybe get some who didn’t play with Ole and don’t have a relationship/friendship with him.

Keane/Neville/Ole had some very big moments together as team mates, the CL final included. It’s ridiculous to think they’re going to contribute to getting him sacked to keep their own jobs, especially when there is no absolute requirement on them to do so.

ForeverRed1

Neutral pundits would be an improvement. But even if Sky want some ex United pro’s on there, maybe get some who didn’t play with Ole and don’t have a relationship/friendship with him.

Keane/Neville/Ole had some very big moments together as team mates, the CL final included. It’s ridiculous to think they’re going to contribute to getting him sacked to keep their own jobs, especially when there is no absolute requirement on them to do so.
they are backing their mate, simple as that.Doesn’t make it right. We need pundits to be honest, unbiased and open:)

RedDevilQuebecois

I think today Keane was close to saying Ole should go.
There must be some kind of policy among the media to not publicly ask a manager to get sacked, but I don't think we will ever see anything this close to a public execution of a Manchester United manager by a pundit. Not everyone can be like Stephen A. Smith asking for years on ESPN that the Cincinnati Bengals sack Marvin Lewis (who was finally fired in 2018).

crossy1686

career ending
If they ‘love’ the club like they say they do ‘mates’ shouldn’t come into it and should be able to articulate the issues without skirting around the plain as day issue.
Who cares if Gary Neville says Ole should be sacked or not? He said pretty everything there is to say without saying those words, just read between the lines. If Ole goes it won't be because Neville or Keane uttered those words in a post match, why do you care so much?

I'm sure if any of your mates went on global television and said you were shit at your job and you should be fired you'd feel a whole lot different about this.

crossy1686

career ending
Look up what Charles Barkley said about Michael Jordan's running of the Charlotte Hornets back in 2012. You can be mates but still call them out for incompetency.

Then again, Jordan has refused to talk to him ever since. But Keane should have no trouble burning bridges, right?
If you want to have a long career in football or TV, it's best not to piss off everyone and their real friends, especially when you might need a bit of help down the line yourself.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I would, at least whatever he said in the pressers would be 100% true and gold
You're right so this is why if I were Neville, I wouldn't commentate anything United related because I'd be too biased towards Ole.
If I cannot say some truth about my friend then I'd rather not appear on TV. At least I keep some form of dignity this way

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The same thing happened many moons ago when the then Liverpool BBC pundits Hansen and Lawrenson didn't call-out Dalglish.

crossy1686

career ending
You're right so this is why if I were Neville, I wouldn't commentate anything United related because I'd be too biased towards Ole.
If I cannot say some truth about my friend then I'd rather not appear on TV. At least I keep some form of dignity this way
Agree. It's difficult for him and the others who are/were close to Ole because they can't stick the knife in without permanently damaging friendships, not just with him, god knows how many others were in that team that would be annoyed with them also. It's not like them saying it is the confirmation the United board are waiting for anyway so I don't know why it pisses so many people off in here, or why they at least can't understand their stand point.

El Zoido

Of course 'mates' comes in to it. Would you go on TV and start slagging off your best mate and saying he should be fired from his job? No you bloody wouldn't, and nor should you. Even if you think it. You're letting your emotions as a fan block the logic of the situation. If you're so desperate to hear TV pundits slag Ole off and demand his head, maybe you should complain to Sky for having people on there who have a conflict of interest. Maybe you also need to ask yourself why you have this innate need to hear people on TV say the things you want them to say, and if that's actually a healthy approach to the situation. Because there's plenty of us here who think Ole should go, yet aren't needlessly infuriated that the people talking on the telly aren't satiating my anger by slagging off the manager.

kouroux

Agree. It's difficult for him and the others who are/were close to Ole because they can't stick the knife in without permanently damaging friendships, not just with him, god knows how many others were in that team that would be annoyed with them also. It's not like them saying it is the confirmation the United board are waiting for anyway so I don't know why it pisses so many people off in here, or why they at least can't understand their stand point.
I guess it's because there is a lot of anger inside the fanbase. I'm not specifically pissed off at him for not trashing his friend on public TV.
He should just not be a pundit for these games, there is a conflict of friendship

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I guess it's because there is a lot of anger inside the fanbase. I'm not specifically pissed off at him for not trashing his friend on public TV.
He should just not be a pundit for these games, there is a conflict of friendship
Ah nobody said today was anything but fecking shocking. Why do they need to state the obvious if it does compromise them or someone they know? They didn't lie. And they didn't say he was an excellent manager. That's enough for me.

RedDevilQuebecois

I'm sure if any of your mates went on global television and said you were shit at your job and you should be fired you'd feel a whole lot different about this.
Someone earlier mentioned Charles Barkley calling out Michael Jordan for the latter's poor job of running the Charlotte Hornets. Here is what Barkley said about Jordan at the time:

“I love Michael, but he just has not done a good job. Even though he is one of my great friends, I can’t get on here and tell you he’s done a great job. He has not done a great job, plain and simple.”
If pundits don't want to make fool out of themselves, the truth has to come out. And if they can't speak out or if they don't want to, they can leave the punditry business altogether.

kouroux

Ah nobody said today was anything but fecking shocking. Why do they need to state the obvious if it does compromise them or someone they know? They didn't lie. And they didn't say he was an excellent manager. That's enough for me.
If they were truthful, they would destroy Ole. What we are witnessing is abysmal

kouroux

Someone earlier mentioned Charles Barkley calling out Michael Jordan for the latter's poor job of running the Charlotte Hornets. Here is what Barkley said about Jordan at the time:

If pundits don't want to make fool out of themselves, the truth has to come out. And if they can't speak out or if they don't want to, they can leave the pundit business altogether.
Barkley is a rare breed of pundit. He talks what he thinks is the truth and I really like him for that. He doesn't care about hurting feelings.
I do realize not a lot of them are made of the same mentality

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It's almost like there are some things more important than publicly slating someone.
Yep, its totally understandable.

I do find it interesting now that neither Neville or Keane, especially, don't but-in when other pundits are airing their strong views on Ole's credentials now, though.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Yep, its totally understandable.

I do find it interesting now that neither Neville or Keane, especially, don't but-in when other pundits are airing their strong views on Ole's credentials now, though.
Exactly, they are not remotely backing Ole, but people don't do nuance, they want a public execution.

crossy1686

career ending

If pundits don't want to make fool out of themselves, the truth has to come out. And if they can't speak out or if they don't want to, they can leave the punditry business altogether.
The pundits in question are the most popular pundits on TV, because they're the most entertaining, no other reason. Richards, Keane and Souness aren't full of insight, they just wind each other up and explode on air, and they'll keep doing that because that's what people want to see. It's got nothing to do with punditry.

Also, Carragher and Souness over the years have never said the Liverpool manager should be sacked when they were under performing but people have forgotten all about that of course.