Roy Keane

Ollie Derbyshire

Who cares if Gary Neville says Ole should be sacked or not? He said pretty everything there is to say without saying those words, just read between the lines. If Ole goes it won't be because Neville or Keane uttered those words in a post match, why do you care so much?

I'm sure if any of your mates went on global television and said you were shit at your job and you should be fired you'd feel a whole lot different about this.
Haha, if I was being paid x Millions of pounds and knew I was doing so badly at the job …. And they were real mates (no one knows how often they talk or meet up, I’d argue very rarely) then to be honest it wouldn’t bother me that much.

Art

Art the artist
Mctominay learning his trade at 26years of age Keano? Reminds me of the family guy immigration meme

Ollie Derbyshire

Of course 'mates' comes in to it. Would you go on TV and start slagging off your best mate and saying he should be fired from his job? No you bloody wouldn't, and nor should you. Even if you think it. You're letting your emotions as a fan block the logic of the situation. If you're so desperate to hear TV pundits slag Ole off and demand his head, maybe you should complain to Sky for having people on there who have a conflict of interest. Maybe you also need to ask yourself why you have this innate need to hear people on TV say the things you want them to say, and if that's actually a healthy approach to the situation. Because there's plenty of us here who think Ole should go, yet aren't needlessly infuriated that the people talking on the telly aren't satiating my anger by slagging off the manager.
Sounds like your infuriated that I’m supposedly infuriated about ‘mates’ not articulating easily what the issue is. What’s wrong with them questioning what happens in trainin? Why he keeps picking the same players over and over? What’s are system of play? Is that not allowed?

id say that you need to stop worrying about me being annoyed that they talk nonsense.

Red_Aaron

If they were truthful, they would destroy Ole. What we are witnessing is abysmal
I don't know if I agree.

Keane and Neville both flourished in an environment where player responsibility was tantamount. I genuinely believe both would place far more blame on the players than they would Ole. They've also been managers themselves who have felt let down by players under their stewardship.

I'm sure they're being restrained in their opinions of Ole to some extent but I dont think they'd destroy him anyway. Given free reign Red Nev would go all out on the ownership first whilst keano would be breaking the legs of our midfielders before either got onto Ole

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Sounds like your infuriated that I’m supposedly infuriated about ‘mates’ not articulating easily what the issue is. What’s wrong with them questioning what happens in trainin? Why he keeps picking the same players over and over? What’s are system of play? Is that not allowed?

id say that you need to stop worrying about me being annoyed that they talk nonsense.
I think you need to stop worrying about the nonsense they talk.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't know if I agree.

Keane and Neville both flourished in an environment where player responsibility was tantamount. I genuinely believe both would place far more blame on the players than they would Ole. They've also been managers themselves who have felt let down by players under their stewardship.

I'm sure they're being restrained in their opinions of Ole to some extent but I dont think they'd destroy him anyway. Given free reign Red Nev would go all out on the ownership first whilst keano would be breaking the legs of our midfielders before either got onto Ole
Maybe you are right. We'll never know anyway

BigRon1985

I hate the cronyism around the club as much as anyone but to be fair this is the most critical I've seen Keane of the team. He will never call out his mate but this was pretty close.............

Ollie Derbyshire

:lol:I don't think that will be a problem.

I muted Michael Owen and Hargreaves earlier cos I didn't want to listen to their workaday analysis and lazy cliches.
haha good, I’m not worth it!

They drive me mad, if they can’t be impartial don’t go on for that game. I know Sky do it for the banter but they could easily question a lot of aspects with attacking a ‘mate’. They happily slate the players (mostly correctly).

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I understand the frustration at him for his perhaps relative reluctance to criticise Ole but I just love it when he tears into Maguire.

peridigm

I understand the frustration at him for his perhaps relative reluctance to criticise Ole but I just love it when he tears into Maguire.
Had a good go at Fred. I think he said he'd drop him into the ocean? :lol:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Someone earlier mentioned Charles Barkley calling out Michael Jordan for the latter's poor job of running the Charlotte Hornets. Here is what Barkley said about Jordan at the time:

If pundits don't want to make fool out of themselves, the truth has to come out. And if they can't speak out or if they don't want to, they can leave the punditry business altogether.
Truth.

Lemon Moon

He's almost 25 though he should be a lot better than he is if he is upto being a first team player for United
Everyone is under performing. Even world Cup winners. Its the coaching/management that is lacking not a young academy graduate.

El Jefe

So how many of you would say your friend should lose his job on live tv? The annoyance at Keane and Neville not overtly saying Ole should walk is a bit silly.

If Sir Alex had a Wenger phase towards the end of his career would you want our former players campaigning for SAF to be sacked. This is the real world, friendships and relationships are worth more than your daily dose of entertainment.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Of course 'mates' comes in to it. Would you go on TV and start slagging off your best mate and saying he should be fired from his job? No you bloody wouldn't
Yes I would, but I hate my mates and wish they would stop bothering me :lol:

Kaos

So how many of you would say your friend should lose his job on live tv? The annoyance at Keane and Neville not overtly saying Ole should walk is a bit silly.

If Sir Alex had a Wenger phase towards the end of his career would you want our former players campaigning for SAF to be sacked. This is the real world, friendships and relationships are worth more than your daily dose of entertainment.
If they can't be objective as pundits they shouldn't be invited to give their opinions. I don't want to listen to ex players bigging their mates up on TV irrespective of how good or bad of a job they've done, that offers absolutely no insight.

Says a lot when I'd rather mute our ex United players and more keen to listen to what the likes of Carragher have to say.

E-mal

He is a a bit dim as an individual and that's me being courteous.

E-mal

Well I wouldn't allow my friend to touch any of my acquaintance as a surgeon if I knew he was incompetent at that procedure.

PeteManic

Roy Keane is employed by Sky Sports to perform as Sky Sports wants him to. It's all a bit pantomime. And it appeals directly to the sky Sports demographic who worshiped such footballers 25 years ago in the 90s. It's all a good watch but nothing more than that.

And remember who Sky have in the studio for these games - an ex self-proclaimed hardman midfielder who had a great career because he was surrounded by a team full of the best players of his era. Then he went on to a managerial career that was a failure and that's why he is sitting in a studio getting all riled up as it looks good for a Youtube video. Actually there's two of them. So that says everything. All Keane talks about is character and all Souness talks about is back in my day. Yawn.

Glorio

Mctominay learning his trade at 26years of age Keano? Reminds me of the family guy immigration meme
I was looking to post this in the McTominay thread. The boy is living a charmed life, being the absolute worst of our midfielders but hardly ever getting criticised. Keano lays into Fred at every opportunity but he and the Sky pundits always have this view that Scott is a good, honest, young player learning his trade.

Apart from powerful running and shooting once every 10 games, McTominay offers nothing

Al-T

I'd have Keane as caretaker until the end of the season simply for the novelty of the collective pant shitting in that dressing room of lightweights .

Ixion

Pretty sure McTominay and Fred are similar ages to Petit and Viera when they were at Arsenal in 98. Imagine that battle.

MrBrightside1989

I'd have Keane as caretaker until the end of the season simply for the novelty of the collective pant shitting in that dressing room of lightweights .
Do me a favour...

would be hilarious and the press conference threads would be gold every Friday!

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If a new manager would come in, preferably a more progressive one, if given the option of Fred or McTom and I think the coach would likely opt for the Brazilian.
Fred's got more clear attributes in a pressing /harrying system.

Personally, I don't get Keane's constant criticism of Fred. Sure, he's a level below a long list of very good United midfielders of the past but, when he's on his game, he's certainly a more effective and tactically smarter player than McTom.

BlueHaze

He was absolutely spot on about Fred. Took the words out of my mouth on that one.

Gopher Brown

People generally perform better when you focus on what they’re good at, rather than berating them that they’re not good enough.

My spreadsheets at work don’t improve by having my boss standing over me shouting.

The-Natural

If a new manager would come in, preferably a more progressive one, if given the option of Fred or McTom and I think the coach would likely opt for the Brazilian.
Fred's got more clear attributes in a pressing /harrying system.

Personally, I don't get Keane's constant criticism of Fred. Sure, he's a level below a long list of very good United midfielders of the past but, when he's on his game, he's certainly a more effective and tactically smarter player than McTom.
Bang on. McTominay gets a pass because he's a young British lad from the academy.

Fred's top level (which admittedly he doesn't hit anywhere near enough) is well beyond McT's.