Roy Keane

Guapa

Best of luck to him,top bloke.
Hope he smashes it and becomes a MUTD candidate :devil:

Chairman Steve

Would never have thought he’d have gone back to management. It’s probably an ideal level for him at the lower level with his old school approach. Him at a Premier League outfit would alienate the squad within a month.

It‘d be interesting to see who would work as coaches with the Mr. Grumpy Man of British football.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson

Roy was talking about Agbonlahor at min 50.
Says it all about some of these players having a moan they cant convert chances. Youre a professional forward on how many pounds a week and youre complaining you need more chances to score?

You hear the United players talk about Ruud and Van Persie being absolutely clinical in training sessions. Sure Agbonlahor isnt of their caliber but Christ on a bike..

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
He's doing punditry on ITV.

Says the contract with Sunderland would have to be right and we'll see what happens over the next few days with a wry smile.

Safe to say its on. Good luck to him.

MacGlock88

Saw the smile in the studio.
But mainly a Poker face. A way to go yet, he’s in a negotiation by the sounds of it.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Says it all about some of these players having a moan they cant convert chances. Youre a professional forward on how many pounds a week and youre complaining you need more chances to score?

You hear the United players talk about Ruud and Van Persie being absolutely clinical in training sessions. Sure Agbonlahor isnt of their caliber but Christ on a bike..
I actually read that in Roy Keane's voice :D

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
If he is going to Sunderland, hope he absolutely smashes it (figuratively not literally but as it is Keane you never know) would have been one of my choices as an ex player to become manager here had he been a manager more since he retired.

A Rooney Keane Utd management team?
With new captain Pogba given a £700k per week 8 year contract?

Make it so, just to see the Caf go into meltdown

Tyrion

Apparently it's not happening.

After well over a week of negotiations Roy Keane has rejected the chance to make an emotional return to Sunderland.

On Wednesday executives at the Stadium of Light had been cautiously optimistic that Keane would be in charge for the League One game at AFC Wimbledon on Saturday but by Thursday it became clear that contractual difficulties could not be ironed out.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/feb/10/roy-keane-turns-down-sunderland-manager-job

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Say what you want about a Roy, but it clearly hurts him watching our players "perform" like that

Green_Red

What?! He fell out with the entire Ireland set up and him and O'Neill had them playing awful football.

He's had chances as a manager and done nothing. He's had chances as an assistant and done nothing. His only track record, since retirement, is being a gobshite and starting fights. He did that as a player as well but at least he was a good enough player that it was overlooked.
Loads of managers have done nothing with Ireland, have you see the pool of players they have? And getting to a major tournament is not nothing for Ireland.

arthurka

Spot on again with his comments. This is a spinless and really a headless bunch of players.

Tyrion

Loads of managers have done nothing with Ireland, have you see the pool of players they have? And getting to a major tournament is not nothing for Ireland.
He didn't just do little with them, he fell out with half the team.

Spot on again with his comments. This is a spinless and really a headless bunch of players.
He only really says the one thing. "They need to be tougher." Pretty much everything he says is a derivative of that.

clarkydaz

"some of the lads are so upset when they are on the bench they dont try hard enough"

think he nailed that one

Frank Grimes

I don't think Keane is hurting like some suggest. Keane is the least sentimental person ever. He'd prefer to see United win but he doesn't lose a seconds sleep over this shower of wasters.

Tyrion

I don't think Keane is hurting like some suggest. Keane is the least sentimental person ever. He'd prefer to see United win but he doesn't lose a seconds sleep over this shower of wasters.
I think he exaggerates how angry he is because he knows it's good tele. That said, he's probably annoyed at how some of these players are being paid more than he was.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
I somehow disagree, I believe he cares about United as much as any true fan who wants the club to produce good results week-in/week-out, which is the standard he and the other great players who played with him worked hard to instill over years and years.
Obviously he may sound bitter at times given how he was treated at the end of his time at the club, which for me personally is on SAF all day long, you just don't treat one of the greatest leaders this club has had like that, it wasn't about who is bigger him or SAF, but more of a reality check to the players who were not putting a shift (but that's another topic)

I would love to see him working at United or be part of the coaching team, driving the players, motivating them, reminding them they are playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Steve Bruce

Never seen this before but it's brilliant. I don't think enough people appreciate how good he was on the ball as well as off it. You'd give anything to have a young Roy Keane coming into this team now, ahead of any other ex player for me.
Keane was a fantastic player and would get in most non-blinkered team of the PL, He was just that good.

I would also pick him first, not because I think he's the best we've ever had, but because he's exactly what we need in the center of the park.

Hughie77

Everything he said was right, and before when he said these players threw ole under the bus and there doing it again with this guy and until the element of doubters in the club the ones who don't give a feck, GO it will still be the same. There at least 8 players need to go in the summer. Pogba, Mata Matic, lingard , Jones, Bially, Cavani, Ronaldo.

Withnail

He's just not a man manager. He alienated a lot of the Irish players due to his attitude towards them. He can't seem to deal with mediocre players which he'll have to do in the level of job he's got any chance of getting.

Hilariously, after making such a big deal about being accused of feigning injury in his career, he nearly got in a punch-up with two of the lads because he reckoned they weren't really injured.

Kag

I think he exaggerates how angry he is because he knows it's good tele. That said, he's probably annoyed at how some of these players are being paid more than he was.
That’s exactly what Keane does. His whole thing is about as manufactured as it gets, which is a bit ironic, really. I don’t blame him for it, mind; it gets him gigs.

Tyrion

That’s exactly what Keane does. His whole thing is about as manufactured as it gets, which is a bit ironic, really. I don’t blame him for it, mind; it gets him gigs.
He is actually really funny. Seeing him on the Overlap and in interviews with Neville shows that he has a sense of humour which made me think that during at least some of his rants, he knows what he's doing.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I actually do think it hurts him to see how far the club he was part of for so long , the club he captained to do much success has fallen.As a pro it bothers him to see the lack of professional pride too.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Spot on, keane got in a sly dig at fergie too and then the awkward silence with neville :lol:

Tyrion

Spot on, keane got in a sly dig at fergie too and then the awkward silence with neville :lol:

Yeah I liked that.

"So Gary, how did Ferguson deal with big personalities who got too big for the club?"

Ask Keane, he'll tell you. :lol: