Roy Keane's visit to Carrington

cyril C

Well, you were asking for it. Of all the United Legend he invited Keane? Schmeicel, Cantona, or even Neville, telling the boys how little talent he has and yet keeping on making good overlapping run and crosses. Or even Beckham how to look good in front of camera while winning games.

The boys couldn't afford to laugh inside, make a big name, got kicked out of the club, failed as a manager, terrible as a pundit, how low can I be.

DoomSlayer

Well, you were asking for it. Of all the United Legend he invited Keane? Schmeicel, Cantona, or even Neville, telling the boys how little talent he has and yet keeping on making good overlapping run and crosses. Or even Beckham how to look good in front of camera while winning games.

The boys couldn't afford to laugh inside, make a big name, got kicked out of the club, failed as a manager, terrible as a pundit, how low can I be.
What the actual feck?

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
It's clear, that alongside some of our players, a lot of people in this thread have no real connection to the club. The audacity to downplay the importance of a club legend, like Roy Keane and try to reduce his time at the club to a few unsavoury incidents, is bizarrely disrespectful. If you watched Keano play, regularly and you think back of his time at the club and don't come away thinking, "that's one of the best midfielders I've ever seen and one of the best captains Manchester united has ever had", then you have no business discussing football. So do one.

You think differently? You're wrong. It's not an opinion. It's an absolute. It's a demonstrably obvious, 100% fact.

Negative Red

It's clear, that alongside some of our players, a lot of people in this thread have no real connection to the club. The audacity to downplay the importance of a club legend, like Roy Keane and try to reduce his time at the club to a few unsavoury incidents, is bizarrely disrespectful. If you watched Keano play, regularly and you think back of his time at the club and don't come away thinking, "that's one of the best midfielders I've ever seen and one of the best captains Manchester united has ever had", then you have no business discussing football. So do one.

You think differently? You're wrong. It's not an opinion. It's an absolute. It's a demonstrably obvious, 100% fact.
My thoughts exactly.

GBBQ

I don't enjoy Roy Keane threads. It's primarily people calling everyone snowflakes and snowflakes laughing at the oul' lads and yelling 'dinosaur!' at them. Most rational people realise that Roy is not going to cut it as a manager but that there will always be a place for the passing on of experience, wisdom and knowledge from one generation to the next. No way he hasn't connected with someone in that room.
Agreed. Surely the likes of Brandon Williams or Scott McTominay would appreciate Keane's approach to football.

Oldyella

Aye, an old man became the most sucessfull manager in premiere league history when the media suggested him to retire in 2004.
What in earth has our most successful manager ever postponing retirement got to do with people complaining about the supposed attitude of millennials?

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Keane: “the ball was there (I think) . I hit him hard. Take that you c*** and don’t ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries”

Scott dutifully writes down: Cripple the opponent, make hurtful comment, leave the field.
Take that, you cad!

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

Did you only notice today that 80 percent of the contributors here have zero clue about the sport or the club?

padzilla

Hipster
I really don't know why some fans are disappointed the current squad met one of the club's most successful ever captains to hear about his thoughts on football.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I can't imagine Kane getting all these players in the same room. Shaw was in the canteen, Jones in the treatment room, JLingz on the dancefloor, Pogba at the hairdresser's, Mata at the library etc
To be fair He's at a different city.

DoomSlayer

This. Some of the comments in this thread are embarrassing.

I'm a relatively young fan and I actually haven't watched Keano in his pomp, but I've done my due diligence and studied the history of the club, watched back enough games and read all the info I could gather so I can properly appreciate the reasons I fell in love with Manchester United.

As much as modern football can be changing the whole landscape, what makes our club different and special is our past, our memory, our way of doing things. Whenever we lose or forget that, you see us falling apart.

Last edited:

OL29

This. Some of the comments in this thread are embarrassing.

I'm a relatively young fan and I actually haven't watched Keano in his pomp, but I've done my due diligence and studied the history of the club, watched back enough games to and read all the info I could gather so I can properly appreciate the reasons I fell in love with Manchester United.

As much as modern football can be changing the whole landscape, what makes our club different and special is our past, our memory, our way of doing things. Whenever we lose or forget that, you see us falling apart.
Who made you the gatekeeper of who's a real united supporter and who isn't?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Quite honestly, any player in this squad who doesnt think they can learn something about what it means to be a Utd player from Keano should just fecking leave. The man who won more in his Utd career than most of them put together, a man who left it all on the pitch every single time he put on the shirt, who dragged our arses to wins when we didnt necessarily deserve them should damn well be listened to, if he shouldnt, then who should!
Im not the blokes biggest fan as a person, but as a player and captain? He is beyond reproach.

DanClancy

Quite honestly, any player in this squad who doesnt think they can learn something about what it means to be a Utd player from Keano should just fecking leave. The man who won more in his Utd career than most of them put together, a man who left it all on the pitch every single time he put on the shirt, who dragged our arses to wins when we didnt necessarily deserve them should damn well be listened to, if he shouldnt, then who should!
Im not the blokes biggest fan as a person, but as a player and captain? He is beyond reproach.
You only have to listen to the comments from anyone who's played with him, his attitude to training and playing was second to none. Keane is one of the most important players in United's history.

OL29

I love how the "top red" stuff was banned during Mourinho's tenure but now it's fair game. :lol:
I don't know about all of that but I do think people that question other people's support can be put in that category. It is what it is.

DoomSlayer

I don't know about all of that but I do think people that question other people's support can be put in that category. It is what it is.
I'm not questioning your support, I'm questioning your opinion and judgement of the situation. But you are right, it is what it is.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I love how the "top red" stuff was banned during Mourinho's tenure but now it's fair game. :lol:
It's the Trumpian response to anyone who actually saw Roy Keane play. Judging by this thread, that's less than 10 people.

OL29

It's the Trumpian response to anyone who actually saw Roy Keane play. Judging by this thread, that's less than 10 people.
Roy Keane fanatics are the most pompous set of fans on this forum. If you don’t eulogize him at every opportunity you either don’t have a connection to the club or you’re a johnny-come-lately. I’m pretty sure every united fan can acknowledge that he made massive contributions to our success but the way some of you lot go on you would think he’s Busby and Ferguson rolled into one.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

Perfectly put sir!

During his time at the club and back in the days before kids and I had disposable income, whenever I bought a new UTD shirt it always had Keane 16 on the back. 100% legend. His soured ending at the club should never affect the monumental effect he had on our team.

OL29

I did and I made it fairly clear. Unequivocally so, in fact.
If you don't recognise the importance Roy Keane, the player, as one of the best and most influential, we've ever had then you're a shit fan and you're wrong. It's that simple.
You’re overcompensating.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Agreed, Keane was one of the best players I've ever seen play for United and a magnificent captain.

I'd have recorded that meeting and been taking notes down if I was listening to Keane talking about what it means to play for United and how to be a successful player.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Roy Keane fanatics are the most pompous set of fans on this forum. If you don’t eulogize him at every opportunity you either don’t have a connection to the club or you’re a johnny-come-lately. I’m pretty sure every united fan can acknowledge that he made massive contributions to our success but the way some of you lot go on you would think he’s Busby and Ferguson rolled into one.
It's not about being a fanatic, it's about recognising the basic fact that Roy Keane was one of our best ever players and captains. If you can't do that, you either didn't see him play or are utterly clueless.

OL29

It's not about being a fanatic, it's about recognising the basic fact that Roy Keane was one of our best ever players and captains. If you can't do that, you either didn't see him play or are utterly clueless.
I don't even disagree with that, I take issue with people acting like superior supporters over a difference of opinion. It makes me cringe.