RPG's That aren't Final Fantasy.

Cina

This is basically the answer to every question.
ikr?

have you played Persona 4 Golden? I'm about five hours in and the game is really opening up. It's weird and mental, and crazily complex, but great too. Although the extra Vita option of seeing what everyone else did in situations feels a bit cheaty.

Ryan's Beard

Probably doesn't have a career as a comedian
I like the freedom to be a dick that wrpgs tend to give you, even though I rarely play a "baddie". For some reason I've always found jrpgs (ones I've seen or played) to be fairly light on the entire "rp" aspect of rpg.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
ikr?

have you played Persona 4 Golden? I'm about five hours in and the game is really opening up. It's weird and mental, and crazily complex, but great too. Although the extra Vita option of seeing what everyone else did in situations feels a bit cheaty.
I got it with my Vita, and played about 10-15 hours(accidentally in one sitting....), then got distracted by other junk. I'd probably have to start the thing again by now. :lol:

Excellent game though. Was put off by the time limits on exploring or something, but there were none as far as I played.

I like the freedom to be a dick that wrpgs tend to give you, even though I rarely play a "baddie". For some reason I've always found jrpgs (ones I've seen or played) to be fairly light on the entire "rp" aspect of rpg.
That's why I keep trying with them. Such a great aspect to them. Definitely going to be a massive bell end in KOTOR II when I play through it again.

Ryan's Beard

That's why I keep trying with them. Such a great aspect to them. Definitely going to be a massive bell end in KOTOR II when I play through it again.
I'm playing through it at the moment but I keep forgetting that light side/dark side is a thing and picking options that seem most sensible at the time, resulting in an irritatingly grey morality and none of the hard core evil/good powers.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I'm playing through it at the moment but I keep forgetting that light side/dark side is a thing and picking options that seem most sensible at the time, resulting in an irritatingly grey morality and none of the hard core evil/good powers.
I'd assume that is about the best way to make the game more challenging?

Ryan's Beard

I'd assume that is about the best way to make the game more challenging?
It doesn't greatly affect gameplay until near the end game really. If you're deep into light/dark the cost of light/dark powers decreases/increases. So if you're 100% dark it'll be really cheap to choke people with your mind, but expensive to heal yourself. Striking a balance just makes you more balanced as a character. It affects dialogue options more and how certain NPCs/events react to you.

For your first playthrough I'd just play it however you want in terms of alignment/weapon choice etc. It isn't a massively hard game even on the hardest difficulty so you won't need to worry about being underpowered. You can do a hardcore min/max playthrough the second time round once you know what's going on.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
It doesn't greatly affect gameplay until near the end game really. If you're deep into light/dark the cost of light/dark powers decreases/increases. So if you're 100% dark it'll be really cheap to choke people with your mind, but expensive to heal yourself. Striking a balance just makes you more balanced as a character. It affects dialogue options more and how certain NPCs/events react to you.

For your first playthrough I'd just play it however you want in terms of alignment/weapon choice etc. It isn't a massively hard game even on the hardest difficulty so you won't need to worry about being underpowered. You can do a hardcore min/max playthrough the second time round once you know what's going on.
I've played it once before, a long time ago on the old fat xbox, IIRC I ended up strictly on the side of light.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
FF 9 was my favourite. Anyone know of any similar games to that one?

On an unrelated note, isn't Kingdom Hearts 3 coming out this year?