Ruben Loftus-Cheek

meamth

He is so classy. It feels like a magnificent version of Carrick when on the ball. I want him here at United.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Overrated. Will have a career like Lampard for England.

Devil may care

He was the only highlight of a fairly boring game, I wonder if next season he might get an actual chance at Chelsea.

NoPace

He was the only highlight of a fairly boring game, I wonder if next season he might get an actual chance at Chelsea.
I think at the minute he's got a lot of the same strengths (good first touch, size, quick) and weaknesses (long or creative passing, positional play) as Bakayoko, so not sure he makes a ton of sense there.

He seems a perfect fit for a 4-3-3 as one of the 2 most attacking CMs, but maybe by next season Conte will be gone and the next manager will play that way.

RooneyLegend

I think at the minute he's got a lot of the same strengths (good first touch, size, quick) and weaknesses (long or creative passing, positional play) as Bakayoko, so not sure he makes a ton of sense there.

He seems a perfect fit for a 4-3-3 as one of the 2 most attacking CMs, but maybe by next season Conte will be gone and the next manager will play that way.
He's double the technician Bakayoko will ever be. Passing certainly isn't a weakness for him.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Looks a solid unit with good range of technical skills. Strange player tactically - that 352 suited him to a tee and he's more of a playmaker than a Alli.

Could see him starting at a Liverpool - reminds me a bit of Wijnalddum. Definitely too good for a Palace level club.

Classical Mechanic

Looks a solid unit with good range of technical skills. Strange player tactically - that 352 suited him to a tee and he's more of a playmaker than a Alli.

Could see him starting at a Liverpool - reminds me a bit of Wijnalddum. Definitely too good for a Palace level club.
I think the big issue is where his best position is. Like you say, he has a curious mix of attributes for a big man. If he wants to be a play maker he needs to add more end product to his game Personally I think he is best as a DLP. I agree in preferring him to Alli as a play maker as Alli doesn't look after the ball and doesn't create, he is more of a second striker to me, simply not a number 10. I actually think he is one of the reasons England look so tumescent when he is charged with being our main creative player.

As for RLC, his best position conundrum is another issue with him wasting away with at Chelsea during vital years. He might end up becoming a midfield utility player which would be a disappointment.

I hope he leaves Chelsea at the end of the season as he can't afford to go back there and be a squad player in light of his development so far. He recently said he 'doesn't know' if he will return there so hopefully he doesn't go back.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I think the big issue is where his best position is. Like you say, he has a curious mix of attributes for a big man. If he wants to be a play maker he needs to add more end product to his game Personally I think he is best as a DLP. I agree in preferring him to Alli as a play maker as Alli doesn't look after the ball and doesn't create, he is more of a second striker to me, simply not a number 10. I actually think he is one of the reasons England look so tumescent when he is charged with being our main creative player.

As for RLC, his best position conundrum is another issue with him wasting away with at Chelsea during vital years. He might end up becoming a midfield utility player which would be a disappointment.

I hope he leaves Chelsea at the end of the season as he can't afford to go back there and be a squad player in light of his development so far. He recently said he 'doesn't know' if he will return there so hopefully he doesn't go back.
Agree with all that. Sounds strange but he's best off moving abroad to somewhere like a Juve (if they were ever interested).. reminds me of Pogba sitto where he doesn't have a natural position but with licence to roam could be a dangerous player. In fact, he'd be an ideal replacement for Fellaini if we were to persist with Jose style long term.

His next career move is vital, will be make or break for him.

meamth

Agree with all that. Sounds strange but he's best off moving abroad to somewhere like a Juve (if they were ever interested).. reminds me of Pogba sitto where he doesn't have a natural position but with licence to roam could be a dangerous player. In fact, he'd be an ideal replacement for Fellaini if we were to persist with Jose style long term.

His next career move is vital, will be make or break for him.
Agreed. Mourinho gave him the first team debut, clearly befitting Mourinho's team profile. I really think Mourinho has him under the radar, just waiting for the right moment when he is content to leave. His physique, agility and strength reminded me of Pogba, but with less finesse. I mean look at him! Watching the game, I'm mistaken him with Pogba.

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
Gullitt, now the pundit really rates him too. I saw him before yesterday as an attacking midfielder though less sure now and see him more of a central midfielder.
Could see him potentially doing well alongside Bakayoko and Kante in 3-5-2. Whether that will materialise is questionable.

RLC has given himself a great chance of getting to the WC and unlike Alli does not appear to get silly bookings, different players and maybe they can play together for England.

Number1

Wilshere? What is this, 2013?
No it’s 2017, i said ‘options’, is Wilshere not a talented/potentially good ‘option’?

If Wilshere's name was on the team sheet, would the collective opinion be 'Wilshere :lol:' or 'Wilshere's playing, England are screwed' like you would with a Jordan Henderson or Jonjo Shelvey?

He’s been playing well since he come back and still only mid-20’s, IF (big 'IF') he can avoid more injuries he can still go on to have a great career.

Phil Jones is the same age as Wilshere and like Wilshere has had a career hampered with injuries, arguably the best defender in the Premier League though this season.

Last edited:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
No it’s 2017, i said ‘options’, is Wilshere not a talented/potentially good ‘option’?

If Wilshere's name was on the team sheet, would the collective opinion be 'Wilshere :lol:' or 'Wilshere's playing, England are screwed' like you would with a Jordan Henderson or Jonjo Shelvey?

He’s been playing well since he come back and still only mid-20’s, IF (big 'IF') he can avoid more injuries he can still go on to have a great career.

Phil Jones is the same age as Wilshere and like Wilshere has had a career hampered with injuries, arguably the best defender in the Premier League though this season.
Wilshere has not started a game in the league for Arsenal for more than two years. He's fallen far further down at Arsenal than Phil Jones ever did at Man United.

If he can come back and be the player people thought he could be, it would be one of the greatest turnarounds in recent years.

You're right about players sometimes only coming into their prime mid 20s but how many if those were playing fantastic 5 years earlier then fell off a cliff and then climbed back up?

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
Unless he proves himself again, I'd have Henderson over Wilshere in my team and I don't rate Henderson at all.

Let's remember that Wilshere barely made an impact at Bournemouth and wasn't even a guaranteed starter by the end of the season. That's absolutely shocking for a guy who five years before looked a cert to be the best English midfielder of his generation.

Sanatio

good job Chelsea are using that system as well then

Sanatio

Would it have killed Chelsea to give him more chances?
he suffered quite a few 'niggly' injuries over last couple of years such as back, hamstring etc...perhaps his body catching up growing into that big unit. That reduced his playing time or chance to go on loan last season.

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
Let's hope he plays against Brazil and then we can get a better feel for his game and other attributes.

Classical Mechanic

he suffered quite a few 'niggly' injuries over last couple of years such as back, hamstring etc...perhaps his body catching up growing into that big unit. That reduced his playing time or chance to go on loan last season.
Supposedly Chelsea blocked him from going out on loan in January last season for the same reasons they blocked Clarke-Salter this season, which is they want him as back up to the back up. Clarke-Salter will be 21 at the end of the season and he only has 15 senior apps to his name. Even more so the RLC he had a distinguished youth career but here he is doing nothing during vital development years.

Sanatio

Supposedly Chelsea blocked him from going out on loan in January last season for the same reasons they blocked Clarke-Salter this season, which is they want him as back up to the back up. Clarke-Salter will be 21 at the end of the season and he only has 15 senior apps to his name. Even more so the RLC he had a distinguished youth career but here he is doing nothing during vital development years.
he had injuries November/December last season....anyway in the years before that we all know who was his manager and had issues with his attitude and performances and possibly held him back

Utdstar01

If he has any sense he'll leave Chelsea this summer and sign for a mid-table PL team where he can play every week and develop.

Classical Mechanic

he had injuries November/December last season....anyway in the years before that we all know who was his manager and had issues with his attitude and performances and possibly held him back
I don’t buy it, you are obviously a Chelsea fan, they are doing it to Clarke-Salter this season, wasting his development to keep him as a reserve who will be lucky to more than 500 minutes.