Ruben Neves | Signed for Al Hilal (SA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If so everyone will leave the premier league for Saudi. Dont expect to see that. Some people like to win meaningful competition
Not doubting that at all, but will any club angling for proper silverware sign Neves? I doubt it. Fair play to him I say.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
They need to offer this kind of money to us for Maguire if it's exposer they want. Every times he plays they would be getting videos of their league out there with his mistakes being clipped.

He's up there with the most recognisable CB's in the world.
Please god as long as we don’t end up with him.

Ekeke

Not doubting that at all, but will any club angling for proper silverware sign Neves? I doubt it. Fair play to him I say.
Think Barcelona spoke about him recently, and several seasons ago Pep spoke about him but said Wolves wanted 100 million for him so no thanks

So yes obviously he can find a club that can win something decent. He's taking the money instead

zaafi

Think Barcelona spoke about him recently, and several seasons ago Pep spoke about him but said Wolves wanted 100 million for him so no thanks

So yes obviously he can find a club that can win something decent. He's taking the money instead
Pep also spoke about Maguire. It doesn't mean they're going to actually buy him. He could be a squad player for us, but this is his level and he's played in PL for 6 years. He also "only" earns £50.000 a week, no big club has really been after him so I can totally understand him going there to secure himself and his family financially for the rest of their lives.
If he doesn't like it, he can always come back.

Ekeke

Pep also spoke about Maguire. It doesn't mean they're going to actually buy him. He could be a squad player for us, but this is his level and he's played in PL for 6 years. He also "only" earns £50.000 a week, no big club has really been after him so I can totally understand him going there to secure himself and his family financially for the rest of their lives.
Do you think Pep wastes his time talking about players who arent good enough to win the europa league with a club? Of course he could win silverware and be competitive somewhere. Why would he come back when he has what he wants? Oscar didnt after going to China. He wants money not competition end of.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
The shelf life of a footballer at the top is realistically 10-15 years. The reality is Neves will be able to make more money in these 3-4 years in Saudi then he would have in his whole career in Europe.

Woziak

1 year left on his contract and he is going for nearly 50m..

Some money to be made here for clubs with players willing to move to the Saudi league.
Chelsea about to boost their transfer budget by £250m

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Am I the only one that would say if I was a footballer I’d go where ever the money is? Some crazy posts on here.
Nope you aren't the only one, ultimately it's a job and if someone offered me silly money I'd take it and so would most people

Woziak

We should be all over this and be looking to sell the following to the Saudi League ;

A Telles - £25m
E Bailly - £25m
A Martial - £45m
Fred - £40m
Zidane Iqbal - £30m
DVB - £35m
There’s £200m

But our Directors who buy and sell players are shite, watch Chelsea get ridiculous money for their unwanted players

zaafi

Do you think Pep wastes his time talking about players who arent good enough to win the europa league with a club? Of course he could win silverware and be competitive somewhere. Why would he come back when he has what he wants? Oscar didnt after going to China. He wants money not competition end of.
I never said he isn't good enough for that, but that club has to want him and then be able to afford him. He would probably want to earn more than what he does at Wolverhampton, understandably, and teams competing in Europa League normally don't pay wages like Bayern, PSG, United, City and Real Madrid.

Oscar didn't come back, but Carrasco did. It's not like he doesn't have the choice to come back, and even if he doesn't, so what? If he and his family are happy and enjoying life, why do you care so much about that? You'd probably do the exact same.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Am I the only one that would say if I was a footballer I’d go where ever the money is? Some crazy posts on here.
I understand it. I highly doubt players like Hulk, Oscar, Asamoh Gyan regret their choices of playing in obscure leagues for bundles of cash.

Baxquux

We should be all over this and be looking to sell the following to the Saudi League ;

A Telles - £25m
E Bailly - £25m
A Martial - £45m
Fred - £40m
Zidane Iqbal - £30m
DVB - £35m
There’s £200m

But our Directors who buy and sell players are shite, watch Chelsea get ridiculous money for their unwanted players
ahhaha. No-one on earth is paying 25m for Bailly, not even a billionaire with a fetish for strapping Ivorian footballers...

Ekeke

I never said he isn't good enough for that, but that club has to want him and then be able to afford him. He would probably want to earn more than what he does at Wolverhampton, understandably, and teams competing in Europa League normally don't pay wages like Bayern, PSG, United, City and Real Madrid.

Oscar didn't come back, but Carrasco did. It's not like he doesn't have the choice to come back, and even if he doesn't, so what? If he and his family are happy and enjoying life, why do you care so much about that? You'd probably do the exact same.
Why are you assuming I do? I cared enough to say its clear what his priorities are. A few mins post on the internet. Someone responded asking if clubs who can win competitions would want him. Top coaches and clubs have talked about him, they wouldnt do that if he's a nothing player that cant win anything. So try reading the thread before responding.

As far as I'm concerned its done and if I never hear about him again its fine

ZupZup

Personally, if I was a multimillionaire footballer, I wouldn’t go and play in Saudi. Especially not when I am in my prime.

I get that they are offering a lot of money… but at a certain point, it doesn’t have a lot of extra utility to you personally. He can already have an amazing house, amazing cars. Most material things you could possibly want are already affordable.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

A Telles - £25m
E Bailly - £25m
A Martial - £45m
Fred - £40m
Zidane Iqbal - £30m
DVB - £35m
There’s £200m

There are three parties to a transfer. Our directors might be shit but it’s not because they can’t sell players to Saudi Arabia.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Personally, if I was a multimillionaire footballer, I wouldn’t go and play in Saudi. Especially not when I am in my prime.

I get that they are offering a lot of money… but at a certain point, it doesn’t have a lot of extra utility to you personally. He can already have an amazing house, amazing cars. Most material things you could possibly want are already affordable.
And the reason is that he wants them to be affordable in the next 20-20 years as well, those amazing things don't last long, especially when you no longer have any income

macheda14

A Telles - £25m
E Bailly - £25m
A Martial - £45m
Fred - £40m
Zidane Iqbal - £30m
DVB - £35m
There’s £200m

What?!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I saw this earlier on BBC and thought it was a bloody good deal as a last huge pay deal for him. For some reason I thought he was 32-33 years old. How the hell is he only 26? It feels like he’s been around forever!

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Rumour is he will be on 400k per week. In Saudi that will be 400k in his bank account each week. I would make that sort of move any day of the week!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yep, instead of struggling on a mere 50k a week for numerous years.
That won't last a lifetime, buttons like that :lol:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

A Telles - £25m
E Bailly - £25m
A Martial - £45m
Fred - £40m
Zidane Iqbal - £30m
DVB - £35m
There’s £200m

Why would we sell zidane? Plus we ain’t seeing 35m for DVB and 25 for Bailly and Telles

zaafi

Yep, instead of struggling on a mere 50k a week for numerous years.
That won't last a lifetime, buttons like that :lol:
Would you switch jobs if you earned 10 times more of what you do today?

Also, there are plenty of examples of footballers who've wasted their money and are no longer rich. Personally, I'd find it hard to spend all that money, but without properly investing, and considering footballers retire early, the money goes quick with their kind of lifestyle.

mu4c_20le

It ended Oscar's international career, and if he isn't careful, could also happen to him as he would no longer be playing at a high level every week. The ones saying they would take the money any day sound like 14 year olds.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Unfortunately these Saudi clubs are becoming genuine competition for signings for us and other Premier League clubs, and will push prices and wages up even further. Neves is one of the Caf’s favourite targets for us. In time, maybe that league could even become a threat to the Premier League in general.

Last edited:

zaafi

It ended Oscar's international career, and if he isn't careful, could also happen to him as he would no longer be playing at a high level every week. The ones saying they would take the money any day sound like 14 year olds.
One of the weirdest sentences I've read on here in a while.

justsomebloke

When you go to a fourth rate league at peak age you don't deserve to be taken seriously as an elite athlete, as far as I'm concerned. Hope the money's nice, because that's all he'll be left with.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He's been on the market for the last 3 or 4 windows and nobody ever made a serious attempt to get him. Maybe he's had enough of Wolves and their valuation.
He's only 26/27 he could be back in Europe in 2/3 years with his bank account filled up.

kps88

Depends on the circumstances really. Like, if they have a large extended family they want to help support, more money would make a difference.

UpWithRivers

It depends on what other offers he has. If Barca, Real, United and City were in for him I guess he would move there. But he probably hasnt had any top clubs come in for him. He is probably looking at something like 120 grand from Wolves, Villa and Sevilla. He would spend his twilight years mid table, winning jack sht and not earning that much. So why not move to Saudi and get rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.