Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_F

We offer nothing from an attacking standpoint. Absolutely nothing. Been that way all tournament
You can forgive it today, but yeah, it’s going to be a shit year or two now for England.

It’ll be a horrid last 15 I reckon.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
If you did, you'd probably be a couple of scores ahead at this point.
You can forgive it today, but yeah, it’s going to be a shit year or two now for England.

It’ll be a horrid last 15 I reckon.
What you can see is the difference in settled halfbacks. Ireland have this settled JPG-Sexton axis, with Murray occasionally in and no real alternatives for sexton. England have fecked about with about every possible combination of Smith/Faz/Ford either on their own or in duel playmaker roles….then finally settled on JVP as SH after persevering with Youngs for far too long and trying various different options first. The result? We don’t look like producing a cohesive attacking period to save our lives, and result to the inevitable one-pop recycles that is simply too easy to defend against in modern rugby

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
fecking send Willis of as well you cnut, we weren’t threatening the scoreline that much :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Congratulations to Ireland. Outside of the last game, you have been a joy to watch.

JPRouve

Scout
Biggest lesson for Ireland is if we do get to a QF again this year, calm down on the fecking offloads for the first few minutes :lol:
Also if you get to a QF you will lose to anyone but France who will get a red card within the first 60 minutes.

kidbob

Too delighted to even give out about our performance today. Great tournament from our lads and very deserving winners. Delighted for Farrell and all of them!!

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Congratulations Ireland. Like France, made to look human at times during the tournament, but definitely the best team.
I think the other major players for the WC (SA and NZ) will have been taking notes and given a bit of optimism.
Scotland ending up being fairly disappointing…as usual, and everyone else were awful

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Too delighted to even give out about our performance today. Great tournament from our lads and very deserving winners. Delighted for Farrell and all of them!!
fecking hell, life must be good :lol:

Dan_F

I was just thinking that only Watson has offered anything exciting from an attacking point of view, and it was just individual brilliance.
He’s always had that, as a Bath fan, I hope he’s over his injury problems.

Well done to the Irish in here. Absolutely deserve it for beating that French team. Was hoping for a better (closer) finale tonight, but to be honest I don’t mind Ireland winning over France.

JPRouve

Scout
It’s ridiculous that the draw for the World Cup was done 4 years ago. Our side of the draw is stacked.
Yeah it's crazy that France, NZ, Ireland, South Africa and Scotland are on the same side. The final is almost guaranteed to not involve the second best team and likely not even the third, fourth and fifth.

Dan_F

What you can see is the difference in settled halfbacks. Ireland have this settled JPG-Sexton axis, with Murray occasionally in and no real alternatives for sexton. England have fecked about with about every possible combination of Smith/Faz/Ford either on their own or in duel playmaker roles….then finally settled on JVP as SH after persevering with Youngs for far too long and trying various different options first. The result? We don’t look like producing a cohesive attacking period to save our lives, and result to the inevitable one-pop recycles that is simply too easy to defend against in modern rugby
Yep. Biggest concern is that Borthwick doesn’t seem to have a clue what he is trying to do. It can’t really be argued that he wanted to see what the players can offer as everyone knows what Farrell/Smith do.

A good coach, trying to implement their own philosophy ahead of the World Cup, would have made their decision and stuck with it.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Yep. Biggest concern is that Borthwick doesn’t seem to have a clue what he is trying to do. It can’t really be argued that he wanted to see what the players can offer as everyone knows what Farrell/Smith do.

A good coach, trying to implement their own philosophy ahead of the World Cup, would have made their decision and stuck with it.
It’ll be Faz….if he doesn’t go for Ford when he’s back to match fitness. I have a feeling that he’s concluded that Smith is just too lightweight for these games.
What he does with the rest of the backline, who knows? Plenty of options.
Fortunately the pack mostly picks itself and it’s a decent enough pack. Just got to work out what the hell we’re going to do with the ball when we’ve got it
seeing as you’re a bath fan, one player I’d love to see is Barbeary in at 8. Unfortunately the fecker is always, always crocked

Dan_F

It’ll be Faz….if he doesn’t go for Ford when he’s back to match fitness. I have a feeling that he’s concluded that Smith is just too lightweight for these games.
What he does with the rest of the backline, who knows? Plenty of options.
Fortunately the pack mostly picks itself and it’s a decent enough pack. Just got to work out what the hell we’re going to do with the ball when we’ve got it
seeing as you’re a bath fan, one player I’d love to see is Barbeary in at 8. Unfortunately the fecker is always, always crocked
The Lightweight argument doesn’t stack up if he picks Ford though.

Trust me, I’d love to see Alfie in a Bath shirt too :lol: As a work gift, I had hospitality for the Bath/Bristol game and he was doing a Q&A pre-game saying how happy he was to be back in training. A week later he does his knee after 5 minute on the pitch.

Weirdly, Borthwick does give me JvG vibes; less box kicks, but equally clueless ball in hand.

kidbob

fecking hell, life must be good :lol:
:lol: even I can't complain after a grand slam! England did themselves proud today after the France game. Still a lot of issues in the team but maybe a performance they can build upon for the World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.