Rugby World Cup 2015 | Reminiscing Thread

VP

:lol: Maradona smashing down a pint - easy to see why he's more popular than Messi.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Why would you do something so stupid to get a yellow? Is it adrenaline?

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
its easy to see from today's match they really targeted us last week, they have no answers today.
Same as we targetted the French though, as it transpired. We peaked too early. This is a pretty good level for Arg so they'll prob be happy peaking here today.

Edit: And also, importantly, the French massively targetted us.

IFC 1905

In the second try, was it a knock on by Cordero? I mean he didn't touch the ball with the hands.

And in the end we had a good chance, and the ref called a knock on again, but it was going backwards.

Did the ref make mistakes or he was ok?

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
In the second try, was it a knock on by Cordero? I mean he didn't touch the ball with the hands.

And in the end we had a good chance, and the ref called a knock on again, but it was going backwards.

Did the ref make mistakes or he was ok?
To be honest, I don't know about the second one. It didn't seem to go forward off anyone.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
You'd just wonder where enough points are going to come from for Argentina - again mirroring the QF with positions swapped. They're doing well to keep in touch but not sure they'll get the tries today.
Get up field and knock it on every time and just destroy that scrum like they are doing and pop over the resulting penalties

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Nigel Owens will be confirmed as the referee in the coming days if not today. Outside of Australia, the only time the Wallabies have won with Nigel Owens in charge was November 11, 2006. The win with Owens refereeing in the 2011 RWC vs USA doesn't really count. New Zealand hasn't lost with him on their side in 6 years.

Kakeru

Nice to see Nigel Owens getting the nod. He's the best referee in the discipline.

Back to yesterday's match between Australia and Argentina, I must say that I wasn't particularly impressed by the Wallabies. For the number of errors the Argentines made, you would expect more points to be scored by Australia and more than just a few players scoring points. My verdict for the final is that New Zealand should end up well on top if trends from both teams in recent performances are any indicative of what to expect from both teams in the final. The All-Blacks are a very balanced side and they are more than capable enough to hurt any team from any of the 15 players who are put out there.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Just watched a repeat of the 2007 final (still can't bring myself to watch the 2011 final). Feck me, England were so limited and predictable South Africa didn't have to do anything special to win that final.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Prediction time: a few less chips on Kiwi shoulders regarding Australia, as deep down, being objective, taking all the emotion out of it, the All Cheats to win by 8 points.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Prediction time: a few less chips on Kiwi shoulders regarding Australia, as deep down, being objective, taking all the emotion out of it, the All Cheats to win by 8 points.
Judging by all your comments in this thread if there is anyone with a chip on their shoulder its you. Its got to the point where its really cringe inducing to see what you post.

I think the Aussies could win this, their improvement and quality over the last year has been really impressive. One of the key things in any sport is if a team is on the up, standing still or sliding, The Aussies are on the upward part of the curve, so much talent right now all coming in to form.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Judging by all your comments in this thread if there is anyone with a chip on their shoulder its you. Its got to the point where its really cringe inducing to see what you post.

I think the Aussies could win this, their improvement and quality over the last year has been really impressive. One of the key things in any sport is if a team is on the up, standing still or sliding, The Aussies are on the upward part of the curve, so much talent right now all coming in to form.
I lose all rational thoughts when it comes to the All Blacks I have to admit. Every other team I can live with it's just the All Blacks that get under my skin. They're the only team in the world I can't stand.

If Australia are to win, they're going to have to take it to the All Blacks and really attack them. Over the last two years, they've had a draw, a one point loss and a win in Australia, bookended by thrashings at Eden Park. Wallabies need at least three tries to win this, despite their excellent defence. Stopping New Zealand's midfield as best as possible will be key.

Last edited:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Remember as well that Foley's kicking has not been good enough. Seeing the crazy amount of penalties the AB's have been giving up, the Aussies may live to regret that.
His kicking in the pool stages was fine. Against England and Wales, he was pretty accurate. Goal kicking vs Scotland was terribly inaccurate, in a very loose team performance. I believe he only missed one last week. Carter is pretty accurate when it comes to kicking at goal, Foley will need to be accurate tonight.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
His kicking in the pool stages was fine. Against England and Wales, he was pretty accurate. Goal kicking vs Scotland was terribly inaccurate, in a very loose team performance. I believe he only missed one last week. Carter is pretty accurate when it comes to kicking at goal, Foley will need to be accurate tonight.
I was googling this morn and what I hadn't realised when I wrote that is that he's had kicking problems at club level too. Maybe not every game, but he has potential to have a total mare. You wouldn't say that about Dan Carter.

Nice article here in the buildup to tonight. The rugby writing on RTE has been pretty excellent throughout the tournament.
http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/rugby...35-rwc-final-preview-new-zealand-v-australia/

Phil

Aussies swarming London.

I hope they do it, no idea why I've always liked their rugby team. Can't stand their cricket team, or any other sport I guess.

Plus I win about £50 if they win so come on wallabies!

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Aussies swarming London.

I hope they do it, no idea why I've always liked their rugby team. Can't stand their cricket team, or any other sport I guess.

Plus I win about £50 if they win so come on wallabies!
I'm not always enamoured with the way they behave themselves and could live with New Zealand beating them. Can't stand the All Blacks though.