Rugby World Cup 2015 | Reminiscing Thread

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Lets see how it goes. If its tight I can see France nicking it. But if the AB's start well, this will be a long night for France. Good luck.
I'm not playing but thanks.:D

Sigma

Haka is always one of the best things about New Zealand, but that was a bit of a disappointment. Would rather the one they done in 2007.

Kakeru

I always enjoy watching the haka, but I was expecting something a little more aggressive than that.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Haka is always one of the best things about New Zealand, but that was a bit of a disappointment. Would rather the one they done in 2007.
No. Their rugby is far better than their little war dance pre game.

JPRouve

Scout
In August the Maori All Black made a superb Haka against Fiji, it was at least 3 times longer than usual.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
yeah dead rare when they do it every time before every game and all the other weirdo 2 bit countries have their own version of it too.

strange cuntos

Kakeru

First penalty and 3 points for the All-Blacks.

edit: well, that lead didn't last long after that long-range penalty by France.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
It's about the drama and emotion of it, and sheer rarity. Their rugby is also very good, but the Haka is still great.
Be glad they didn't do this one.

Anyway. I'm not a fan. They are afforded an advantage pre game. And it is an advantage. It is a war dance. Orignally used to scare enemies. And the other team has to stand there and face it. Any other response is deemed disrespectful and only drives New Zealand on more.

Also, they're dancing, before a rugby match. The Maori were not rugby players, so ye can feck off with the tradition argument.

JPRouve

Scout
I love Retallick so much that I have to be happy.

Kakeru

What a block and a return for the try by NZ. Great play!

edit: Bad news for France with Tales being subbed.

edit 2: I never thought my 5,000th post would be in a rugby thread.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

Anyway. I'm not a fan. They are afforded an advantage pre game. And it is an advantage. It is a war dance. Orignally used to scare enemies. And the other team has to stand there and face it. Any other response is deemed disrespectful and only drives New Zealand on more.

Also, they're dancing, before a rugby match. The Maori were not rugby players, so ye can feck off with the tradition argument.
There's nothing stopping another country doing their own haka. Imagine Chris Robshaw leading one:lol:

JPRouve

Scout

Like Ireland 30mn pre game presentation.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
It's the same for every home games, they present their prime minister to the entire planet.
Oh this. :lol::lol::lol:

It's very common place at a major sporting event. And yes, obviously it's the same. Our players shaking hands with a 4 foot Galway man gives us a huge boost and terrifies the opponents.

Kakeru

Adieu veau, vache, cochon, couvée.

I knew NZ are really coming in strong as favorites for many (including myself), but never thought it would be turning out to be such a slaughter.