Rugby World Cup 2019 aka Squishy McSquish goes into a meltdown thread

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
yeah, best to ignore all that and focus on the actual games.
hopefully we'll see some good ones between Wales/France and Jpn/SA.
Head says Wales & SA, heart says France & Jpn.
Yeah, some absolute tripe being posted last few pages! :lol:

Yeah two good games. Hopefully Wales can come through and beat France (i think they will) and i really want Japan to progress. I just think SA will overpower them. I love the way Japan play, though.

RedDevilRoshi

Missed the 1st half of England vs Australia game this morning. On the 2nd half showing, England looked really good and got the job done in comfortable fashion.

New Zealand vs Ireland - was expecting New Zealand to win and they clinically did just that. Ireland couldn’t live with them but then again, don’t think there is any nation in the world that can stop them when they really are on form. Such a joy to watch.

Tomorrow we have the final two quarter finals ties and both look like real crackers, particularly the latter one:
Wales vs France
Japan vs South Africa

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
SA caffers, after yesterday's performance do you really wish this morning you were playing Ireland instead of Japan? :lol:

I think Japan can do it. The only spanner in the works is how effectively Scotland were able to get back at them in the second half. It looked ominously like they'd emptied the tank and hit the wall.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Why Wales?

I think we've had a better rivalry over the last couple of decades. There is real beef with Gatland and even if I feel he was hard done by over here, he's been a prick ever since. The players have had their differences and at provincial level, I detest the way Welsh fans have treated the Pro 14 in its various guises and their incessant neediness in wanting to suck up to the English Premiership spivs who don't want them, even if it means throwing their Celtic cousins under the bus.

Then there is your typical Welsh internet or social media fan, who make Glaston look sensible and honest.
Absolute horrible generalisation here. Classic example of you reading a couple of troll Welsh comments and decide to blanket the whole nation with it. I’m an avid Scarlets fan, I meet many Blues, Ospreys and Dragons fans - we adore the Pro14.

Hephaestus

Jonathan Davies is gonna be a big miss, gotta hope Hadleigh Parkes is fit again cos he wasn't great against Uruguay.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Wales getting battered, loving it.

Am I doing it right? :p

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
That’s superb from Wainwright. What a start to this game!

Traub

SA caffers, after yesterday's performance do you really wish this morning you were playing Ireland instead of Japan? :lol:

I think Japan can do it. The only spanner in the works is how effectively Scotland were able to get back at them in the second half. It looked ominously like they'd emptied the tank and hit the wall.
:lol: yeah maybe Ireland would've been better for us. But overall, we clearly on the easy side of the draw. If we make the final, we may be a bit undercooked.

So when you get booked do you come off the pitch for a while?
Ya, 10 minutes in the sin bin. Much better system than football, but it is also much more difficult to get a yellow in rugby.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
:lol: yeah maybe Ireland would've been better for us. But overall, we clearly on the easy side of the draw. If we make the final, we may be a bit undercooked.

Ya, 10 minutes in the sin bin. Much better system than football, but it is also much more difficult to get a yellow in rugby.
Aaah I see! Thank you.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I think that might be debatable, it's getting easier to get yellows - with good reason too, as the game tries to eliminate neck/head hits.

By the way, I've been working predominantly with SA folks for the last 6 months and I started to fall into saying yahhh too :D

Hephaestus

He even looked at the ref after throwing the elbow. fecking hell, gifted us a way back into this.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’d be in a coma for about 40 years if I took that elbow to the face.