Rugby World Cup 2019 aka Squishy McSquish goes into a meltdown thread

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
England’s fans and players got so big headed and carried away after one good performance. Thought they’d already won it :lol:

Skills

Snitch
Funnily enough, I think New Zealand would've beat SA comfortably. But the England match up wasn't the best for the all blacks.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Sport doesn’t work like that. Surely you should know. Wales have got England’s number, we also got a lot closer to beating SA than you. :lol::lol::lol:

Sure you have. Struggled against Australia and New Zealand who England dispatched with ease, but would 100% have beaten England.

zing

Zingle balls
Farrell sounds like he'll cry any time -- it's brutal to interview the opposing captain right after..

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Sure you have. Struggled against Australia and New Zealand who England dispatched with ease, but would 100% have beaten England.
Yeah you proved in this years 6 nations how you’d also smash wales :lol:

And also proved how you’d walk over SA after then having such a close game with wales.

Well done

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
SA have done they’re job, but we’ve been awful, the very basics we’ve done so poorly. We looked poor from the first minute.
The basics have been piss poor. Youngs is so below the required quality.

England were massive favourites pre-match. No one was giving South Africa a sniff. They thought they had the trophy won before the game had even kicked off. As I said earlier, you had the likes of Matt Dawson claiming that England only had to turn up and they will win.
Matt Dawson's an idiot and anyone who knows rugby knew England weren't massive favourites. Slight favourites but SA are no joke and the game was always coming down to fine margins.

I dunno. After their performance against NZ and in light of them being The Greatest Sporting Nation, I think calling them bottlers is both fair and fun for the purposes of this thread. :lol:
Yeah, if the purpose is to wind up some of the more arrogant fans in here, then yes. We're not all arrogant English fans though.

England looked nervous and made uncharacteristic errors from the start.

SA have been excellent but there's an argument there there England let the occasion get the better of them.
Possibly. The first 5 minutes were so decisive, like last week v NZ. Don't think it makes a difference but losing Sinckler and the early scrums set the tone for the rest of the game.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
imagine loving a sport but never reaching a final of the World Cup in it

just imagine how embarrassing that is.
Erm. England were shit. Like really shit.

SA absolutely mauled them and with zero reply.

Have no idea what all the hype was about.

Darkhorsez

Just seeing the emotion on the squad and coaches is really moving. This means so much to them and their nation. First SA black player to lift the cup having started life in a township with so much hardship.

Traub

Jokes aside, this is massive for our country.

The first black South African captain lifting the trophy for the team and sport that personified apartheid, during a very difficult time for our country.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Just seeing the emotion on the squad and coaches is really moving. This means so much to them and their nation.
We always get this when SA wins the world cup. It's an easy narrative and history suggests it's putting a plaster on a stab wound.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yeah, if the purpose is to wind up some of the more arrogant fans in here, then yes. We're not all arrogant English fans though.
I prefer to think of it as playful teasing rather than wumming. Much more inclusive.

Traub

Well played England. You had a great tournament, unlucky in the final.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Jokes aside, this is massive for our country.

The first black South African captain lifting the trophy for the team and sport that personified apartheid, during a very difficult time for our country.
Brilliant.

CallyRed

SA have become the first team to lose a pool game and win the WC.
Congrats to them, we were stifled and out fought. They got to dictate the game.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Said with no sense or irony after getting spanked by a team New Zealand easily beat earlier in the tournament.