Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
“The European intelligence made clear that the would-be attackers were not rogue operatives. All those involved reported directly to Gen. Valerii Zaluzhnyi, the country’s highest-ranking military officer, who was put in charge so that … Volodymyr Zelensky, wouldn’t know”

the hea

I assume it's not just Crimea that gets it's water from the river, this will likely become a major cathasrophe for the whole southern Ukraine. The agricultural sector takes a lot of it's water from the canals that flow from the river if I'm not mistaken.

ColoRed

deep in the west where the sun gets dusty
Supports
Cologne / Manchester
Yes. The Alpine tunnels are designed to be destroyed too. Can't have anybody stealing all the money :D

Quite a few countries have similar I think. Finland already mentioned, and Singapore has its highway runways.
In Germany we have destroyed many bridges, the railways and many roads to make life difficult for the invader.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't think Russia blow up the dam because they believe they will lose Crimea, well, not anytime soon anyway, Ukraine getting Crimea before winter sets in is very unrealistic, is it not?

They did it out of spite, and to hinder Ukraine troops, maybe next year they could lose it, but feels way too early for them to panic over Crimea now.

The United

I don't think Russia blow up the dam because they believe they will lose Crimea, well, not anytime soon anyway, Ukraine getting Crimea before winter sets in is very unrealistic, is it not?

They did it out of spite, and to hinder Ukraine troops, maybe next year they could lose it, but feels way too early for them to panic over Crimea now.
It is essentially that and to force the UA to redirect some resources to their South. Just a short-term diversion tactic, I would think. Along with the news we received now, it pretty well indicated that the UA's counterattack began on Monday. But, it is far too early for the RA to be concerned about losing Crimea.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

Because Elon is a cheapskate, there's no translate function on Twitter anymore so I can't link to the original tweet with confidence that everyone can read it. So the Russian Duma bars investigations of "hazardous" facilities that are damaged in war or by "terrorist" attacks until 2028.

Here's the article: https://theins.ru/news/262336

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I wonder what the response would have been if anyone had suggested ukraine did it back when it happened. I remember those saying it was the USA were getting called crazy conspiracy theorist
I am not sure about the "global" response but I know that it was discussed among my friends as a pretty realistic option.

Revan

Assumptionman
This is an incredibly tone deaf tweet
If I am not mistaken, Russia is currently leading the Security Council of UN (the leaders swap every few months based on some schedule done years in advance).

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I wonder what the response would have been if anyone had suggested ukraine did it back when it happened. I remember those saying it was the USA were getting called crazy conspiracy theorist
Plenty of people suggested Ukraine did it.

I seem to remember we wondered what they might have to gain from it but it wasn't a conspiracy theorist response to the suggestion.