Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If this is the best they have, the war is essentially over. It’s now just a unprecedented wave of state terrorism. A country and people of the lowest order without any redeeming qualities.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Whole of Ukraine is currently under heavy rocket assault, this is barbarism of the highest proportions. Why the west still haven’t provided air defenses to cover main cities???What are we waiting for, more pointless deaths??? What’s going on?? Also, why is Russia not officially recognized as terorrist country in US/EU??
There is an air defense system in Kyiv but it can’t catch every missile.

RoyH1

If this is the best they have, the war is essentially over. It’s now just a unprecedented wave of state terrorism. A country and people of the lowest order without any redeeming qualities.
The thing is the hardliners are in control and they don't care about being the bad guy. All they care about is being seen as "strong" So this is what they will do from now on: Just rain missiles and artillery and terrorize the Ukranians and pacifists in Europe

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
What's stopping Kyiv being flattened like Grozny or Aleppo? (I've not been following the news...)
Simply said lack of missiles. Russia just isn't able to do it, as they don't get close with artillery and as air defence is working well and making carpet bombing impossible

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Could be a huge coincidence but anyway...

The Danish island of Bornholm, located in the Baltic Sea near the Nord Stream pipelines, was been hit by a complete power failure on Monday, broadcaster DR reported, citing the local energy company.

The exact cause of the outage is unknown but is probably due to an undetected breach on the electricity cable connecting the island to the Swedish mainland, the broadcaster said. Authorities have started up a local power plant to produce electricity to the island.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...?utm_source=google&utm_medium=bd&cmpId=google

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
German head of cybersec to be sacked for ties with Russian intelligence.

Simbo

What's stopping Kyiv being flattened like Grozny or Aleppo? (I've not been following the news...)
Russia can’t fly bombers over Kyiv like they could over Grozny and Aleppo. Ukraine shoots back.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I get that there was likely going to be a heavy response to the gains Ukraine have been making recently, but I don't see how attacking civilians in any way changes the tide on the battlefields? This is just purely vindictive barbarism, and surely a waste of arsenal.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I get that there was likely going to be a heavy response to the gains Ukraine have been making recently, but I don't see how attacking civilians in any way changes the tide on the battlefields? This is just purely vindictive barbarism, and surely a waste of arsenal.
It doesn't at all. Except now they can't fire those missiles and drones at Ukraine's military.
It's nothing more than terrorism.

Rajma

And west still dithering on providing real weapons?? Most modern battle tanks, aircrafts, and long-range systems and rockets should be provided ASAP. Absolutely disgraceful stuff.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
And west still dithering on providing real weapons?? Most modern battle tanks, aircrafts, and long-range systems and rockets should be provided ASAP. Absolutely disgraceful stuff.
I think it was retired General Petraeus that said the reason they're not getting M1 tanks is because they don't have the infrastructure to repair them. They'd have to fly the tanks to Poland to repair them, it's impractical. Not to mention the training.

I imagine the same problem exists with aircrafts.

Israel could share their missle shield technology, though I imagine similar issues would exist there too.

The good news is the Ukrainians acquired more Russian equipment, which they already know how to use, in Kharkiv than they have from the allies in the entire war. Stopping the west from supplying weapons has lost some significance, if only in the short term.

Rajma

I think it was retired General Petraeus that said the reason they're not getting M1 tanks is because they don't have the infrastructure to repair them. They'd have to fly the tanks to Poland to repair them, it's impractical. Not to mention the training.

I imagine the same problem exists with aircrafts.

Israel could share their missle shield technology, though I imagine similar issues would exist there too.

The good news is the Ukrainians acquired more Russian equipment, which they already know how to use, in Kharkiv than they have from the allies in the entire war. Stopping the west from supplying weapons has lost some significance, if only in the short term.
We have been hearing this bs for ages, the Ukrainians would have already been operating it now and built the infrastructure if they would been delivered sooner.

Real Name

What's the situation regarding Kherson offensive?

As for the attacks, pure state terorism. Utter scum.

And a sign of weakness. They're trying to portray themselves as strong all the while raining rockets on Ukrainian cities cause their 'special army operation' is failing big time. It reminds me of Goring changing tactics during the Battle of Britain when he decided to carpet bomb English cities cause he ran into a firm English resistance in the air.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
If that's true they should have hit their targets by now. Are there any reports of explosions? If not either this tweet isn't true or they have all been intercepted
Hearing on the news that the wave of attacks included drones.

dove

Imo nuclear weapons should be on the table now to be delivered to Ukraine. Enough is enough.
Nukes would hardly solve anything. A much better military support would though. It's a disgrace that we pretty much solely rely on the US while some of our European "superpowers" are doing feck all.