Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Rajma

Goes in line with what narrative internally Putin was pushing earlier saying Ukraine will be attacking civilians as Russian forces will be “standing” behind them:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Goes in line with what narrative internally Putin was pushing earlier saying Ukraine will be attacking civilians as Russian forces will be “standing” behind them:
They clearly forgot how conspicuous it would be for males to be walking around anywhere in civilian clothes at a time when most Ukrainian males are fighting elsewhere.

Rajma

They clearly forgot how conspicuous it would be for males to be walking around anywhere in civilian clothes at a time when most Ukrainian males are fighting elsewhere.
It’s mostly for the internal audience as always when dead bodies in civilian clothes will begin to pile up in the media, he sort of already set the tone of what to “expect” from Ukrainian armed forces to average russian news viewer.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Amidst all the death, destruction, rape, and displacement of millions - spare a thought for the son of a Russian billionaire who was sanctioned because who his dad is.

Translation: "The son of Russian billionaire Mikhail Fridman, Alexander Ozhelsky, left for Dubai, called the sanctions against himself unfair and said that he was Ukrainian (Friedman is from Lvov). “I fell under the sanctions of the government of Ukraine. I didn't do anything wrong".

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The guy on the right, Sergei Lukyanenko, is a very pro-government writer but even he is appalled by what Krasovsky is saying.

Krasovsky is one of the most fascinatingly horrifying figures on that propaganda front. An open gay with AIDs who supports the laws against "LGBT propaganda" etс.; he even lived in Ukraine for a few years as a child. And yet he shoots videos of himself literally dancing with joy after hearing the news of Russian missiles hitting civil infrastructure & houses in Ukrainian cities... and now this.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Another Russian military plane fell down deep inside Russia (near Irkutsk).
Looks like they're deploying some really old/broken planes in desperation.

https://t.me/oldlentach/66675
There was a tweet supposedly by a Russian plane mechanic saying they should ground the fleet as they couldn't get what they needed to repair them properly. This was weeks ago.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

Where exactly did they get this nuclear weapon???

So this is why Shoigu has been calling the American and British defense secretary/minister. It's worrying that it suggests Russia is considering actually using a nuke, I would assume in Kherson area.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

So this is why Shoigu has been calling the American and British defense secretary/minister. It's worrying that it suggests Russia is considering actually using a nuke, I would assume in Kherson area.
Easy. Obviously Ukraine lied back in the day when they gave all their nukes to Russia. Those evil blackmailing Nazis planning false flag attacks 30 years in advance.

The Firestarter

They have enough material to make several dirty bombs which I think is what this is implying.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

A dirty bomb isn't a nuclear bomb, it's a normal bomb filled with radioactive material. Depending on what the material is and how much there is it could contaminate a wide area for decades, centuries or longer and would be a truly horrific war crime. Not as horrific as a nuclear bomb though in all likelihood.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
A dirty bomb isn't a nuclear bomb, it's a normal bomb filled with radioactive material. Depending on what the material is and how much there is it could contaminate a wide area for decades, centuries or longer and would be a truly horrific war crime. Not as horrific as a nuclear bomb though in all likelihood.
Fair. My previous exposure to "dirty" bombs was typically salted/tweaked nuclear bombs intended to release long-lasting radiation in addition to the nuclear explosion.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Fair. My previous exposure to "dirty" bombs was typically salted/tweaked nuclear bombs intended to release long-lasting radiation in addition to the nuclear explosion.
Yeah I guess maybe that's a thing too. Although a nuclear bomb would be pretty dirty whatever you do I think. And a normal dirty bomb would be a much less risky choice for the Russians than using a tactical nuke.

Rajma

I’ve said in the past but the idea of Ukraine getting their nuclear weapons back with long range capabilities should be normalized that would put an end to the Russian nuclear or similar blackmail.

Last edited:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
This is a good example of having to be careful even with mainstream sources. This does not represent a serious escalation as the 101st is not some uber-elite airborne division and the US would have already had troops in the region. But since the 101st has a lot of name recognition CBS runs with it to create headlines and quotes that are spread by clowns like Tracey.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Yeah I guess maybe that's a thing too. Although a nuclear bomb would be pretty dirty whatever you do I think. And a normal dirty bomb would be a much less risky choice for the Russians than using a tactical nuke.
Think the dirty part about the dirty nuclear bomb are cobalt salts (?), which result in very long lasting nuclear contamination due to a large half-life value. The resulting cobalt isotope also decays under heave gamma radiation emission

The Firestarter

It depends what type of blast it is. If it is higher altitude it has bigger shockwave but not so much longer tern contamination effects. Exactly the opposite in a ground explosion where it picks up and activates the soil / ground below it which is then spread as a cloud

Simbo

They made it the same place they engineered the bio-weapon that uses birds to spread a virus that only infects Russians.

stevoc

So Ukraine are going to Nuke themselves (even though they have no Nukes) to turn the world against Russia?

Yeah because Russia are really popular internationally right now.

Even by the standards of Russian propaganda that ones dumb as feck.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
So Ukraine are going to Nuke themselves (even though they have no Nukes) to turn the world against Russia?

They did this all the time in Syria, every few weeks they'd warn that Syrian rebels were planning a false flag chemical attack to frame Russia. Can only assume it's for domestic consumption as it has very little effect elsewhere, and obviously less each time.

RedDevilQuebecois

I’ve said in the past but the idea of Ukraine getting their nuclear weapons back with long range capabilities should be normalized that would put an end to the Russian nuclear or similar blackmail.
I also say the same about Japan. As much as I understand Japan's adversion to military uses of nuclear energy, I often said in the past that they would need to have at least one in order to say "don't f*** with us" to China, Russia and North Korea.

I think Ukraine are currently in the same situation as Japan when it comes to the capability to build a nuclear weapon in no time if push comes to shove though.

Last edited:

Real Name

And imagine that they sold or scrapped all of their nuclear weapons as a guarantee nobody, including Russia, attacks them.

NotThatSoph

It's obviously bullshit, but it's not that incoherent. While Russia is obviously extremely unpopular in NATO-alligned countries, it's also true that their involvement as of now is providing money, equipment and training, while direct intervention is off the table. Biden and other high ups have said that if Russia uses nukes they'll escalate into direct military involvement, so if Ukraine managed to stage a false flag operation involving nukes then that could be a way to get NATO to attack Russia proper. Which they won't, because it's made up.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Very worrying the way this is going as it looks like Russia are preparing the way for a nuclear attack.

Real Name

Poor Russia and their army, Ukraine is trying to discredit them as if there arent enough reasons to discredit them already.