Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Real Name

UAF should really be careful of entering the city. I've never seen a side so publicly aknowledging they're retreating and several times at that.

Simbo

I kinda just wanna sit at home all day watching liberation clips as they push forward. The tearful babushkas just break me.

Simbo

Sounds like Russia is putting increasing pressure on Bakhmut, desperate for a victory no doubt.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Sounds like Russia is putting increasing pressure on Bakhmut, desperate for a victory no doubt.
Until they are ready to bomb some civilians looks like they’re trying to post some good news with a victory or two. They are already claiming Pavlivka (SW of Donetsk), though I wouldn’t worry too much as that is a place of brutal fighting where spots can change hands frequently.

the hea

A new US aid package has been announced.

Capabilities in this package include:
• Missiles for HAWK air defense systems;
• Four Avenger air defense systems and Stinger missiles;
• Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
• 21,000 155mm artillery rounds;
• 500 precision-guided 155mm artillery rounds;
• 10,000 120mm mortar rounds;
• 100 High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs);
• 400 grenade launchers;
• Small arms, optics, and more than 20,000,000 rounds of small arms ammunition;
• Demolition equipment for obstacle clearing;
• Cold weather protective gear.
https://www.defense.gov/News/Releas...million-in-additional-assistance-for-ukraine/

Simbo

Thought the advances would have been slower but UAF have entered Kherson city already.
Yeh, not much confirmed but its starting to sound like they have made a massive push as soon as night fell, not just on the city.

Rajma

If this is true it’s quite big news isn’t it? Beginning of the end of the war I would hope. Or the end of Putin I should say.
Yes if it’s true, it would result in total capitulation from Russia in this war no two ways about it. There’s no coming back from this one.

Rajma

They still have forces in the Donbas, capitulation is a bit of a stretch.
We’re in a fog of war but in the hypothetical scenario it turns out to be true and this group gets destroyed / captured I can bet with anyone one here that the war ends within month. However, I still doubt it’s remotely close to reality as that would be simply too crazy.

Simbo

Yes if it’s true, it would result in total capitulation from Russia in this war no two ways about it. There’s no coming back from this one.
Wish I shared your optimism!

Reports of 15k-20k Russian troops on the west bank still and Antonovsky bridge might well now be unpassable by foot, with very few boats available. Its looking like it could be a huge blow...

However, until Russians that really want to fight for their country realise their enemy is in the Kremlin, Putin will continue recruiting and throwing bodies into the fire. I've not yet seen anything to suggest Putin's control will be challenged.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
If confirmed, this is insanely good news for Ukraine. A Crimean front (something unthinkable 8 months ago) would stop being a distant possibility and start becoming a matter of when.

Let's hope there are no big surprises (AKA dam bombings, floodings, huge counter attacks) on the way.

the hea

I think a lot of the troops and equipment that where stationed around Kherson are already on the other side of the river, there have been reports for at least 2 weeks of Russian equipment being pulled away from the front lines in the area. My guess is that the only ones left in the city are the rear guard that where manning the defensive lines outside the city to protect the retreat. This is probably still quite a large amount of troops but not enough to make the Russians surrender.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The command structure and best troops and material are likely mostly already across the river. Many that remain are just mobik bullet sponges. They already prepared defenses on the left bank and deeper lines of defense elsewhere.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves...

The United

I think a lot of the troops and equipment that where stationed around Kherson are already on the other side of the river, there have been reports for at least 2 weeks of Russian equipment being pulled away from the front lines in the area. My guess is that the only ones left in the city are the rear guard that where manning the defensive lines outside the city to protect the retreat. This is probably still quite a large amount of troops but not enough to make the Russians surrender.
Yup, if Russians were competent.

Fantastic news on the face of it. God that
pantomime statement seems to be so false though. Why telegraph the retreat before it happens?
Makes no sense to me.
Wouldn't surprise anybody if they've mined the streets and or plan to bomb the city into rubble once the Ukrainian Army have entered.

RoyH1

So its safe to say that the Russians are not mounting a counterattack any time soon, huh?