Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

This is probably nothing at all and pretty common practice for Russian ships in the Baltic Sea but considering what has happened in the last week it might be worth keeping an eye on.
The Tug Nina Sokolova from the Baltic Fleet stationed in Baltiysk has been anchored on international water in northern Kattegat for the past 24 hours.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:3553288/zoom:8

fhkOoPy.png

What makes this interesting is the fact that both a couple of subsea fiber cables and power lines are crossing the Kattegat in this exact area.

http://www.fiberatlantic.com/submarinecablemap/
https://www.svk.se/en/national-grid/map-of-the-national-grid/

jCyckhU.png
JlVhEcF.png

Yeah. Krushchev’s mistake regarding Crimea is an actual Putin propaganda line isn’t it? Plus all the Ukrainians deported against their will from these areas. Truly awful take.
It was Khrushchev's decision that lead to Crimea becoming a part of Ukraine after the fall of the Soviet Union. Whenever to classify it as a mistake is another matter, Putin obviously believes so and uses it in his propaganda, yes.

The question is, is he really that dim or is he hyping on the negativity? (Probably both).

It wouldn't at all surprise me if Elon is attempting to throw a bone to Putin in exchange for a favorable Tesla policy at a later date.

It was Khrushchev's decision that lead to Crimea becoming a part of Ukraine after the fall of the Soviet Union. Whenever to classify it as a mistake is another matter, Putin obviously believes so and uses it in his propaganda, yes.
It wasn't the only decision that led to it and pointing to it while pretending that nothing remotely relevant happened in 40 years after that feels massively dishonest.

It wasn't the only decision that led to it and pointing to it while pretending that nothing remotely relevant happened in 40 years after that feels massively dishonest.
It was certainly the most influential one but yeah, I'm not going to go in depth arguing for, essentially, Putin's case.

It gets worse. Seemingly claiming that pro-Ukrainian bots are artifically influencing the result.

I think it would have been better for Zelensky to ignore it to be honest. Starlink has been a big help for Ukraine. Musk is gonna Musk on twitter anyway.

Musk isn't going to remove Starlink over a comment, besides I believe it's the US who arranged and is paying for Starlink, they just didn't want any credit early on because they were worried about Russia seeing various moves as escalation.

Musk's comments reach a lot of people, not many other accounts could have done anything to effect how it is viewed, but his can. I think Musk suggesting Ukraine give Crimea to Russia, now, is outrageous.

Things are escalating rapidly on that front.

Not saying it will happen soon, but Kherson being liberated would surely be bigger than anything we’ve since the Russian retreat from Kyiv.

They seem almost paralysed at the moment. Unable to make any significant attacks, and unable to really defend what they’ve taken so far. And seemingly with orders from on high that bear no real relation with the facts on the ground:

Musk is the biggest WUM on twitter. Don’t fall in his trap and ignore.

He's got 107 million followers, he's not just some random WUM. Whatever dumb shit he says actually has consequences, because for some reason there are lots of people who think he's smart and are influenced by his dumb shit.

Zelensky played this right.

Not saying it will happen soon, but Kherson being liberated would surely be bigger than anything we’ve since the Russian retreat from Kyiv.

Securing Kherson City means that Russia can never ever in a million years reach Odessa. It is a strategic victory. I would stop the Luhansk advance tomorrow if the extra forces are needed for a guaranteed win in Kherson City.

It is inevitable I think, as all bridges to send reinforcements to that side are blown, but it needs time to slowly drain the supplies and spirit of the remaining soldiers in that area.

If a Musk endorsed ceasefire is seriously considered, it won't be until after Kherson City is liberated at the very least.

Last edited:
Elon commented that the response to his poll is the biggest bot attack he's ever seen. The richer you are, the more disconnected to reality you are.