Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Abizzz

If one country can out-manufacture 30 countries, we have a big problem
Yeah can't manufacture decent modern helmets, can't get the supply lines in a neighboring country to maintain the forces on the front line, can't find men and has to resort to conscription, can't build any industrial good that is of any relevance to the wider world, but suddenly Russia is a ammunition manufacturing genius.

RedDevilQuebecois

Out-manufacture what? The Russians are not even capable of repairing their tanks and other hardware already in action for starters.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
reports in Germany saying that Poland withheld information which has now come to the fore....... the rocket that landed in Poland they are saying was fired by Ukraine and it sounds like it wasn't fired to intercept a Russian rocket.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
reports in Germany saying that Poland withheld information which has now come to the fore....... the rocket that landed in Poland they are saying was fired by Ukraine and it sounds like it wasn't fired to intercept a Russian rocket.
Sounds about right from German intelligence...

Lemoor

Do you have a source for that?

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
And the source they quote is:

"According to the Gazeta Wyborcza newspaper , there is clear evidence that the bullet came from the arsenal of the Ukrainian army."

Rajma

But it's an c-300 what other reason for it to be launched other to intercept something ??
It’s stupid source that doesn’t even know that Ukrainian S300 doesn’t have surface to surface capabilities like modified Russian ones. In short it’s total nonsense that you can disregard for some sort of propaganda bs. If it was Ukrainian S300 and not Russian missile it was launched to intercept it. Also Ukrainian S300 missiles is programmed to self destruct after failing to intercept its target thus it must have been a faulty one then.

the hea

"According to the Gazeta Wyborcza newspaper , there is clear evidence that the bullet came from the arsenal of the Ukrainian army."
It's pretty clear at this stage that it was a Ukrainian S-300 that overflew it's target and landed in Poland but your claim that it was a missile that was fired for some other reason than to intercept a Russian cruise missile is very confusing.
Nothing in the link you posted suggests anything of the sort and I have not seen claimes like that anywhere else besides from some concpiracy nutcases on Twitter.
What you are suggesting is that it was some sort of Ukrainian false flag operation to start WW3?

Rajma

Also for those wondering how Russia can out manufacture west:
Basically through the lack of planning…Those spares parts should have been ordered as soon as the decision was made to supply these…

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Lemoor

I meant the bolded part. If they mean this Wyborcza article, then it claims that the most likely scenario was that Ukrainian side fired 2 or 3 anti-air missiles at a Russian missile targeting nearby power plant, one of them hit the target while one of the others missed and didn't self-destruct as it was supposed to. I didn't see anything in this or in their other coverage suggesting that it was likely it was used outside of air-defense context.

AlPistacho

Some of the responses to your post are a bit passive aggressive. And I really don’t understand what you’ve written to offend anyone.

Ukraine is usually rated as the 1st or 2nd most corrupt nation in Europe, along with Russia. Politically both are capable of doing whatever it takes to get people on their side.

I have no opinion on the missile but I find both the irrational need to accuse ukraine of doing it intentionally or the irrational need to get hostile to any suggestion or implication that they might have weird. The side that didn’t start the war is still capable of doing bad things. This goes for every war in history. War isn’t a superhero movie with hero and villain where the bad guy is purely bad and good guy is purely good.

Things I’m certain a lot of people are not aware.

Andrea Rocchelli: Italian Journalist murdered by Ukrainian soldiers in 2014 in Donbas.

Kateryna Handziuk: anti corruption journalist murdered by acid in 2018.

Our hearts are with the Ukrainian people, but our minds shouldn’t be blinded into thinking the government is on some moral pedestal.

TwoSheds

Some of the responses to your post are a bit passive aggressive. And I really don’t understand what you’ve written to offend anyone.

Ukraine is usually rated as the 1st or 2nd most corrupt nation in Europe, along with Russia. Politically both are capable of doing whatever it takes to get people on their side.

I have no opinion on the missile but I find both the irrational need to accuse ukraine of doing it intentionally or the irrational need to get hostile to any suggestion or implication that they might have weird. The side that didn’t start the war is still capable of doing bad things. This goes for every war in history. War isn’t a superhero movie with hero and villain where the bad guy is purely bad and good guy is purely good.

Things I’m certain a lot of people are not aware.

Andrea Rocchelli: Italian Journalist murdered by Ukrainian soldiers in 2014 in Donbas.

Kateryna Handziuk: anti corruption journalist murdered by acid in 2018.

Our hearts are with the Ukrainian people, but our minds shouldn’t be blinded into thinking the government is on some moral pedestal.
So rather than actually address the fact that that specific report the guy mentioned appears to be bollocks you've decided to pull up some broadly unrelated stories from years ago? Makes sense.

AlPistacho

So rather than actually address the fact that that specific report the guy mentioned appears to be bollocks you've decided to pull up some broadly unrelated stories from years ago? Makes sense.
Based on what does it appear to be bollocks, Your view of the Ukrainian government and military being morally superior to that of every other government and military on earth?

The fact that the missile was fired from Ukraine was on sky news the night of the attack/accident. No one knows why & how a possibly Ukrainian missile got fired into Poland from Ukraine. The people speculating are doing so with their own bias. Whether it’s “clearly ukraine are trying to start WW3” to “well it’s obviously air defence gone wrong and the missile went haywire”

You’ve also had the President of the USA and Poland address it but those that didn’t hear what they wanted to hear then started talking about “why are they talking like that” “why are they speaking weird” When really what they said was pretty clear.

The Firestarter

Based on what does it appear to be bollocks, Your view of the Ukrainian government and military being morally superior to that of every other government and military on earth?

The fact that the missile was fired from Ukraine was on sky news the night of the attack/accident. No one knows why & how a possibly Ukrainian missile got fired into Poland from Ukraine. The people speculating are doing so with their own bias. Whether it’s “clearly ukraine are trying to start WW3” to “well it’s obviously air defence gone wrong and the missile went haywire”

You’ve also had the President of the USA and Poland address it but those that didn’t hear what they wanted to hear then started talking about “why are they talking like that” “why are they speaking weird” When really what they said was pretty clear.
I have one request. Would you kindly feck off? Thank you.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Whether it’s “clearly ukraine are trying to start WW3” to “well it’s obviously air defence gone wrong and the missile went haywire”
It's pretty telling that those are the "extremes" that you're positioning yourself in the enlightened centre of. You didn't address his concern, which was the fact that the source Dans linked apparently at no point claimed that it probably wasn't anti-air. Hence the "passive aggressive", "offended" comments that so offended you.

AlPistacho

It's pretty telling that those are the "extremes" that you're positioning yourself in the enlightened centre of. You didn't address his concern, which was the fact that the source Dans linked apparently at no point claimed that it probably wasn't anti-air. Hence the "passive aggressive", "offended" comments that so offended you.
He just said “the source is bullocks”. You’re saying “apparently at no point claimed that it probably wasn't anti-air” which if I interpret that correctly is pretty much what I’ve said “ no one knows why or how”

TwoSheds

And the German source possibly misrepresented the original unremarkable Polish story too. Which is relevant because there appears to still be some apologist sentiment in high places in Germany.

nimic

something nice
Scout
He just said “the source is bullocks”. You’re saying “apparently at no point claimed that it probably wasn't anti-air” which if I interpret that correctly is pretty much what I’ve said “ no one knows why or how”
He didn't say the source was bollocks, he said the report (that "it sounds like it wasn't fired to intercept a Russian rocket") was bollocks, which it appears that it was. Because the source linked says no such thing, as far as I can tell. You're just winding him up, trying to create an argument where none exists.

AlPistacho

He didn't say the source was bollocks, he said the report (that "it sounds like it wasn't fired to intercept a Russian rocket") was bollocks, which it appears that it was. Because the source linked says no such thing, as far as I can tell. You're just winding him up, trying to create an argument where none exists.
Honestly. Im not trying to wind up anyone. I have not told anyone to feck off or sent abusive DM’s to anyone but guess who’s been on the receiving end of those things?

As for source/report pretty much everyone has been using those words interchangeably since Dans post (the one I quoted and replied too) I didn’t see his initial post until scrolling now. So if he wrote things in his initial post that were not in the article then he deserves to get called out. But I can’t read the language that he linked so don’t know.

Last edited: