Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

goalscholes

I think in this post,

" Some (or actually a majority as certain referendum showed) of the British people wish to completely isolate themselves from everything that's happening outside the British islands is surely a sight to behold. Just live in a bubble, enjoy being an island and completely ignore what happens anywhere else, might be a good idea to fortify the island even more, build a dome or something (with a direct way out to Benidorm or other tourist hot spots in Europe unless they get occupied too but in that case, oh well, what can you do eh). "

You want to take issue with the poster that's fine it is his opinion knock yourself out.

You want to stand by the rest of the crap in your post ?

Take it back, its not true and you are wrong, you got carried away, fair enough these are emotive times.
I don’t want to speak for the poster, but clearly there is a difference between what the public believe and what politicians do.

Many reasons for voting for Brexit haven’t, and shouldn’t, translate into policy.

In the same way that likely over half would vote for removing all international aid spending.

There are a significant number of people in the country who think we should not act internationally, because they can't grasp the complexity or consequences of globalisation, economics and international relations.

Rajma

Massive missile attack launched from Caspian seen apparently again today.
Arrival in Dnipro:
I’m lost for words honestly.
Do people have any kind of list of western companies that still up to this day operate in Russia to boycott?

Simbo

The MH17 investigations are coming to a conclusion in court.

Rajma

This is exactly why people like me from the beginning have argued for Ukraine to be provided with the most modern combat artillery, jets, tanks, drones, wtc. Do not allow Russia to regroup instead these wet wipes might give Russia a chance to get back into the game, where west fails to gear their manufacturing to the war state in attritional battle.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So Medveded is saying by waging a hybrid war against Russia the West is coming closer to world war. Poor Russia they have been pressured into driving into Ukraine, occupying 3rd of their territory, killing, burning, destroying, pillaging, bombarding the hell out of them by the evil West.
Dont make them bombard Ukraine ffs, do you hear!! They didn't want to do it but they had to and instead of letting them do their thing there West is helping Ukraine thus coming closer to world war.
I get the impression Medvedev (who is 5'4) is doing the toughest talking because it allows him to stay in the good graces of the hardliners. I never previously got the impression he was one, but given the circumstances, he appears to have to talk this way to remain relevant.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Surely if we've learned anything it's that Russia most definitely can't out-produce the West in military hardware? Many European countries have significantly stepped up their defence spending as well.
If they couldn't before the war, they certainly can't now.

frostbite

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63637625

MH17: Three guilty as court finds Russia-controlled group downed airliner

Many of the victims' relatives believe if the world had reacted differently, and taken a tougher stance against Russia eight years ago, the invasion of Ukraine and the geopolitical instability that has followed could have been avoided.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63637625

MH17: Three guilty as court finds Russia-controlled group downed airliner

Many of the victims' relatives believe if the world had reacted differently, and taken a tougher stance against Russia eight years ago, the invasion of Ukraine and the geopolitical instability that has followed could have been avoided.
Igor Girkin is one of those found guilty by the way.