Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

dove

What a crock of sit this post is.

I know you don't agree with the poster, neither do I, but take a breath.

If the UK hadn't put troops in Ukraine since 2015 training their men and if we were not training tens of thousands of Ukrainians in the UK to go and fight for their homeland then just the amount of kit we have given and the fact that Russia pays special attention to insulting us at every chance would suggest we are not isolating ourselves from the security problems of Europe. We were there early and with actual help rather than warm words.
Huh? Where did I say otherwise…? UK is one of the main reasons Ukraine still exists but it’s because your government acts completely different than the poster I replied to suggested you should act. You should read the post I replied to instead of making a shite post yourself.

Real Name

So Medveded is saying by waging a hybrid war against Russia the West is coming closer to world war. Poor Russia they have been pressured into driving into Ukraine, occupying 3rd of their territory, killing, burning, destroying, pillaging, bombarding the hell out of them by the evil West.
Dont make them bombard Ukraine ffs, do you hear!! They didn't want to do it but they had to and instead of letting them do their thing there West is helping Ukraine thus coming closer to world war.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

Simbo

Unusual quotes from Biden and Polish PM: If the missile is 'unlikely' to have been fired from Russian territory, are they implying a Ukraine false flag? Surely it'd be easier to say it wasn't aimed at Poland, or whatever, or are they arguing a technicality along the lines of not from Russian territory doesn't mean not fired by Russians?
I'd just take it at face value. They don't know enough yet to confirm anything, investigations going on. His statement doesn't rule out Belarus or Black Sea and if the trajectory suggests it's not come from direction of Russia then that would also rule much of Ukraine to the east of where it landed, however not Lviv where the majority of Ukrainian AD in the area will be located. This village is pretty much straight north of Lviv.

dove

I'd just take it at face value. They don't know enough yet to confirm anything, investigations going on. His statement doesn't rule out Belarus or Black Sea and if the trajectory suggests it's not come from direction of Russia then that would also rule much of Ukraine to the east of where it landed, however not Lviv where the majority of Ukrainian AD in the area will be located. This village is pretty much straight north of Lviv.
A lot of talk now that it was an air defence missile fired by Ukrainians.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
In a way it doesn’t matter which country launched the missile. There’s only one country to blame for the air in Eastern European being full of missiles.
Yeah, nobody here is going to blame Ukraine for that even if it turns out it was their missile. Except for our right wing nutjobs, who are already doing that and are predicting Ukraine (with NATO support) to attack Poland to reclaim Rzeszow and rest of Eastern territories (yes, we actually have a members of political party that is a part of Polish parliament saying that).

stevoc

Yeah, nobody here is going to blame Ukraine for that even if it turns out it was their missile. Except for our right wing nutjobs, who are already doing that and are predicting Ukraine (with NATO support) to attack Poland to reclaim Rzeszow and rest of Eastern territories (yes, we actually have a members of political party that is a part of Polish parliament saying that).
Must be some Russian money involved there.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Oh well. Looks like it is time for NATO to step up, invoke Article 5 and protect every inch of its territory by neutralising Ukraine. Russia was right!1!1!!1!11!

/sarcasm

stevoc

They do have ties to Russia, quite clearly.
It's alarming that over the last decade Russia has managed to infiltrate and destabilize the political systems of virtually every western country with relative ease. Hopefully the current sentiment towards Russia puts an end to that.

Real Name

I was out for drinks with 2 friends on Friday. They did my head in, basically its all USA fault, they funded Zelensky and all political parties in Ukraine, all of those parties or most are right wing to the core, slightly milder than Azov. USA basically made poor Russa to attack cause they want to provocate Russia. I tried to say that its not like Russia is a light of civilisation, a good guy who is protecting the world against evil Americans and the West and they were like yeah yeah its bad they attacked Ukraine. But but if you bomb Donetsk and Luhansk for 8 years, ban Russian language of course Russia will intervene. I said yeah I bet separatists in those separatist republics just sat on their asses and never fired a bullet towards Ukraine teritory.
Anyway they closed that even Trump didnt start any wars but Biden did. Yeah actually Biden started war in Ukraine.

My head hurts just by writing this.

stevoc

I was out for drinks with 2 friends on Friday. They did my head in, basically its all USA fault, they funded Zelensky and all political parties in Ukraine, all of those parties or most are right wing to the core, slightly milder than Azov. USA basically made poor Russa to attack cause they want to provocate Russia. I tried to say that its not like Russia is a light of civilisation, a good guy who is protecting the world against evil Americans and the West and they were like yeah yeah its bad they attacked Ukraine. But but if you bomb Donetsk and Luhansk for 8 years, ban Russian language of course Russia will intervene. I said yeah I bet separatists in those separatist republics just sat on their asses and never fired a bullet towards Ukraine teritory.
Anyway they closed that even Trump didnt start any wars but Biden did. Yeah actually Biden started war in Ukraine.

My head hurts just by writing this.
Sadly most people seem to have a few friends that have bought into Russian propaganda hook line and sinker. I know I do, I had a conversation with a friend a few months ago that was eerily similar to yours. Even down to the Donbas shelling, when I asked him what started the situation in the Donbas he didn't actually know.

We need an rvn

Most likely case, and hoping it is, is that the two missiles were from Ukraine trying to protect their country and citizens from Russian missiles. Russia is still the agressor, as others have pointed out, and this must be stopped.

But I have that tiny voice in the back of my mind that wonders if the Western leaders are saying it's Ukraine's missiles whilst knowing they are Russian, only to avoid NATO getting directly involved under NATO articles.

Simbo

It's alarming that over the last decade Russia has managed to infiltrate and destabilize the political systems of virtually every western country with relative ease. Hopefully the current sentiment towards Russia puts an end to that.
Not much defence against it. Territories and institutions around the world are set up so wealth can be transferred between individuals in complete secrecy and relative ease.

Real Name

Sadly most people seem to have a few friends that have bought into Russian propaganda hook line and sinker. I know I do, I had a conversation with a friend a few months ago that was eerily similar to yours. Even down to the Donbas shelling, when I asked him what started the situation in the Donbas he didn't actually know.
I had one who was on about how Mariupol wasnt evacuated and was full of Azov in the sense its Ukrainian fault it was bombed to the ground. Mental.

tomaldinho1

I had one who was on about how Mariupol wasnt evacuated and was full of Azov in the sense its Ukrainian fault it was bombed to the ground. Mental.
The crazy thing about this is even if it were true, which anyone above the age of 3 could work out it isn’t, that still doesn’t excuse Russia’s actions. You can’t just invade countries on a whim.

stevoc

Not much defence against it. Territories and institutions around the world are set up so wealth can be transferred between individuals in complete secrecy and relative ease.
Yeah I mean obviously the financial mechanics of it is relatively easy and I understand the Russians motivation. I was more talking about the sheer amount of useful idiots willing to take their money in exchange for pushing Russian propaganda/narratives and/or destabilizing movements for example Brexit. I personally believe the people initially behind that (Tufton Street) were knee deep in Russian backing.

stevoc

Ditto virtually word for word with my friend, it's sad really. He's only recently accepted that Russia aren't winning this war and were probably wrong to even start it.

Real Name

Ditto virtually word for word with my friend, it's sad really. He's only recently accepted that Russia aren't winning this war and were probably wrong to even start it.
Oh I forgot the Kherson part. Of course Russians are leaving the city cause its tactical not that its UA is winning oh and all those news circulating USA is telling Ukraine to sit on the negotiating table means something. Its some US plot to hurt Russia but they cant conclude what is it right now but it's just their play. They wanted a war with Russia now they want to talk, must be something in it.

Seems Russians are on to them so instead of negotiating they're bombing the hell of Ukraine.

I think its cause they read Russian propaganda a lot, maybe just that. Word for word what the Russians are saying. Ok they dont trust western media and of course one shouldn't trust them in full or just trust them but oh boy they trust everything Russian media and their puppets around the world are saying. Oh and one of those 2 friends is an open Rusophile.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If you told people in 1990 that the right wing in the US and much of Europe would become Russian fantics, you would have been laughed out of the room.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Pretty common for them here to proclaim Bucha as Ukraine’s interior work and the same people are now saying the same thing is happening in Kherson where Ukrainian army is currently killing civilians in masses. Pointless even discussing with them, ever since I have made decision to erase every single one of those idiots for my life and never engage in any discussion with them over any topic (as they usually hold ridiculous views in more than this matter), my life has been much less frustrating. I just pretend they don’t exist.

Real Name

Pretty common for them here to proclaim Bucha as Ukraine’s interior work and the same people are now saying the same thing is happening in Kherson where Ukrainian army is currently killing civilians in masses. Pointless even discussing with them, ever since I have made decision to erase every single one of those idiots for my life and never engage in any discussion with them over any topic (as they usually hold ridiculous views in more than this matter), my life has been much less frustrating. I just pretend they don’t exist.
Yeah, I mean they're good friends but when it comes to themes like this they go bonkers. So I see them every 3, 4 months. Its not that its a decision its just the way it is last few years so its convenient.

stevoc

Oh I forgot the Kherson part. Of course Russians are leaving the city cause its tactical not that its UA is winning oh and all those news circulating USA is telling Ukraine to sit on the negotiating table means something. Its some US plot to hurt Russia but they cant conclude what is it right now but it's just their play. They wanted a war with Russia now they want to talk, must be something in it.

Seems Russians are on to them so instead of negotiating they're bombing the hell of Ukraine.

I think its cause they read Russian propaganda a lot, maybe just that. Word for word what the Russians are saying. Ok they dont trust western media and of course one shouldn't trust them in full or just trust them but oh boy they trust everything Russian media and their puppets around the world are saying. Oh and one of those 2 friends is an open Rusophile.
Yeah that's the puzzling thing and of course it probably won't surprise you to find out that my mate's also a big conspiracy theorist. Russia has been pushing outlandish conspiracy theories or at least feeding into many of them for over a decade through social media. Many people are susceptible to that stuff and so people like my mate and yours have probably just been gaslit to completely distrust the main stream media but believe other sources that feed into the conspiracies that they subscribe to.

nimic

something nice
Scout
It's surprising that this hasn't happened before now, actually. There have been a lot of air attacks lately, but there were even more earlier in the war. Ultimately Russia is to blame, obviously, but it's a relief that it wasn't actually a Russian attack (deliberate or not).