Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Shoot them with various types of SAMs
Well presumably try to shoot them down. You need a lot of missiles to take out 25,000 trained and armoured troops I should think.
I suppose my complete ignorance of anything military is obvious :lol:

I was picturing a massacre from above if the Russian Army decided to actually take out the Wagner group, I have no idea how well equipped they are to put up a resistance to that.

justboy68

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for this dreadful Russian invasion of Ukraine at least whatever happens. Surely Ukraine can capitalize on this in a big way to retake their own territory?

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
It still feels surreal. Everyone thought Putin's tight control mechanism would never allow something like this and here were are, from Kiev in 3 days to civil war in Russia. Who would have thought that providing your mercenaries with tens of thousands of soldiers and a huge amount of weapons of all kinds could one day bite your ass.

No more Wagner ads in Russia :(

(Maybe they will appear in Ukraine now :nervous:)

The Firestarter

It still feels surreal. Everyone thought Putin's tight control mechanism would never allow something like this and here were are, from Kiev in 3 days to civil war in Russia. Who would have thought that providing your mercenaries with tens of thousands of soldiers and a huge amount of weapons of all kinds could one day bite your ass.

No more Wagner ads :(
Prigozzi went to PSG

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Could be difficult to bomb Wagner columns when you give them anti air systems.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Kadyrov's comments so far seem to indicate he'll support Putin? Could be empty rhetoric, mind.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Kadyrov's comments so far seem to indicate he'll support Putin? Could be empty rhetoric, mind.
Of course he'll support Putin, because he got all his power and wealth from him. At least for as long as it looks like that Putin is winning. That goes for all of Putin's "friends". They will support him only as long as they think he'll win. Being on the losing side means either instant death, or prison with torture and then death. There is no middleground in Putin's Russia, he needs to make a statement.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Someone should tell him that now is the time to liberate Chechnya and become president and a legend over there.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I think Kadyrov has had enough evidence in Ukraine that he and his men are far too worthless to go it alone against men like Prigozhin and Putin.

ShoePolish

Hope civil air traffic has learned from past and takes a big loop around western Russia.

justboy68

They probably should have been anyway no?
Yeah they already are. I've flown back and forth from Hong Kong multiple times since the invasion and the route which used to go over Russia is skirting around and going over Europe and the Middle East instead.

ShoePolish

Just checked flightradar24, and it seems they are, Sochi - Moscow flight takes a sizeable loop.

Abizzz

As far as I know, it's only Ukraine proper that was avoided before today.
I know for sure that Finnair hasn't been flying over Russia for a long time now and if they don't I can't imagine other western airlines doing it.

ShoePolish

I know for sure that Finnair hasn't been flying over Russia for a long time now and if they don't I can't imagine other western airlines doing it.
Yeah, western airliners stopped going there after war broke out, was thinking more of internal flights. Turkey - Moscow flights run dangerously close too.

WPMUFC

If Wagner even get close to Moscow, or turns enough soldiers, that's when the domino's begin to fall and OTHER parties in the Putin circle wonder if they can take the jump and take power first.

Abizzz

Yeah, western airliners stopped going there after war broke out, was thinking more of internal flights. Turkey - Moscow flights run dangerously close too.
Ah gotcha.

Ye friend or foe I wouldn't want to be flying there either.