g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

RvP Transfer | Signed with Fenerbahce | See thread in the footy forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winrar

sad to see him go but ultimately the right move from us to let him go. great deal for fener as well.

thanks for lifting us to the 20th title, good luck at fenerbahce.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Who would have predicted this when he joined us? Have to feel for the man a bit. Signed up to be managed by SAF and then got lumbered with Moyes after a season. Saying that he clearly chucked his toys out the pram and downed tools when he didn't like what was going on.

Still....he got his title and we got another one. He's now lost a yard of pace and LVG has spotted that and cut him loose. Harsh but that's business.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Kind of feel bad, he predicted our comeback....but he unfortunately won't be here to witness it - However, i honestly believe we are making the right decision by letting him go, this is the kind of ruthlessness i expect from a club looking to compete for all 4 trophies every season.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Feel a bit for him as he expected SAF to stay more than one season. Incredibly good that first season, injuries became too frequent after that. The right decision to move him on at this point, wish him all the best in Turkey.

SambaBoy

I would of given him another season at least. There's a lack of top strikers out there that we can bring in. Kane- £40m or Lacazette who we haven't even been linked to. We will most likely play with 1 upfront next season which will be Rooney but given our CL games etc, RVP could of played a crucial role and I still believe he has something left in his locker.

He has shown that in spurts over the last two years. In all fairness, the guy hasn't had a break, he even looked jaded at the WC and he's come straight back and played a full season. With a full pre-season behind him, he could of scored 15-20 goals this season, even his record last season wasn't too shabby.

I hope he does well in Turkey which I'm sure he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.