RvP Transfer | Signed with Fenerbahce | See thread in the footy forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Bye Bye, thanks for one awesome season and two crap ones. Good luck in turkey.
Better one awesome season to win us the title than three average ones in which his stats look OK because of some unimportant goals but we in the end win nothing.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
There has been 3 changes in manager since Euro 2012. The way it worked then is not necessarily the way it works now.
He's not popular in the Netherlands, there will always be a lot of pressure on the manager to put the other player up top. It's normal for Dutch national managers to give in to this pressure, especially when under pressure themselves, Van Gaal was the exception.

Van Persie explicitly said he would make a decision on his future based solely on the need to be playing regularly. It stands to reason that he didn't receive the assurances he wanted that he would get those games at United.
Both will work against him, if he's playing everything for Fenerbache, then it's only Fenerbache and the Turkish league isn't much. If he stays and isn't always first choice, then he's too old, passed it and only a sub with lack of match rythm. I'm not sure he realizes that himself.

I'm not sure what the alternative argument is here? That Fener offered him so much more money than 250k a week that he left United, despite assurances that he would be first choice here? That doesn't seem realistic to me.
Obviously he didn't get assurances. I think he decided to leave because he'd rather be a big name in a small club than a former big name in a big club. And he needs to play regularly to get in form and keep his touch. That will probably help him for the 2016 euro's concerning is own form and level of his game, but if he thinks it will help him a lot to become first choice up top again, he might overestimate the backbone of the new national manager.

Parma Dewol

Going to miss him. Still has a lot of quality to offer at the age of 31, but at least he is leaving behind some great memories.

One of those rare talents who can do such majestic things with a football.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
What a way to end a career. He literally had to sell his soul to the devil to get his hand on the PL title. I think he did the right decision. What's the point in staying around with Arsenal and listen to their crying fans. Coming here meant he would never reach a legend status, and I think he somehow realized that he's never going to be nothing but a poster boy - and that time is now running out as well. Might as well take off to Turkey and earn some extra money while not having all that pressure on his his back. Still quite unexpected. His market value has gone down quite a bit in the last few years.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/robin-van-persie/marktwertverlauf/spieler/4380

VanGaalEra

Such a beast that season. Almost expected a goal a game.

I feel like crying, wanted him to win more here.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Thanks for 20.

RVP has won such a small amount of his talent. 1 league, 1 FA Cup and 1 Uefa cup.

Sam

Such a beast that season. Almost expected a goal a game.

I feel like crying, wanted him to win more here.
I honestly thought he would be our new Cantona.

Its a massive shame how it all worked out in the end. But it really was worth it for that first season alone. Best player we've had since Ronaldo, just wish it could have lasted a bit longer. Hope he does well in Turkey. Would be nice to see him and Nani lead Fener to the title.

van Persie

Thanks for the memories. Great player and will be sorely missed. We need to bring in a striker now. No point letting him go unless we do.

championo

Top Stalker
He carried us on his back to win that title. Fener will love him. I love the way they welcome new players at Fener.
Roo Robin Van Persie

VanGaalEra

I honestly thought he would be our new Cantona.

Its a massive shame how it all worked out in the end. But it really was worth it for that first season alone. Best player we've had since Ronaldo, just wish it could have lasted a bit longer. Hope he does well in Turkey. Would be nice to see him and Nani lead Fener to the title.
He was, for a season. Even his second season was good minus the injuries. Regressed massively last season, though I still think he still has something left to give.

Hope Fener sign Rafael as well and they can become our number 2 team.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He was absolutely incredible in that title winning season. Worth the money for those memories alone.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Really rare that it's so easy to quantify exactly how much a signing brought to the team.

Signing RVP won us that title and that's where it ended really. No more, no less.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He was, for a season. Even his second season was good minus the injuries. Regressed massively last season, though I still think he still has something left to give.

Hope Fener sign Rafael as well and they can become our number 2 team.
It's Galatasaray who want Rafael.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Very sad to see him go - it seems a bit soon to me, but the injury plague hitting him again the last couple of seasons has probably knackered any chance he had to win trophies in line with his immense talent.

Unbelievable under Sir Alex, carried the Moyes era more than he gets credit for, but never seemed to get going last season. Great memories all the same, and I wish him all the best for the future :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.