RvP Transfer | Signed with Fenerbahce | See thread in the footy forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Van Hooijdonk is still mad at him because as a cocky 18-year old he stole a free kick from him. He's never let an opportunity to put him down go by since.

Brophs

The One and Only
Off to Fenerbache according to the Guardian. Unless we have someone lined up I don't really get it. In a good side he'll still score goals.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
So we're definitely getting a new striker then.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Looking at the dearth of strikers around I am really not sure why we are selling him , if Rooney gets injured or suspended we have pretty much no one left and it's hard to buy a good striker because no one would want to be second chip to Rooney .

entropy

Not sure if this is a good move even if we have a new striker signing lined up. if he can score 10-15 goals that would good enough for us, especially since we are back in the cl.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
With RVP off, Chicha injured and Wilson being a still raw diamond there's absolutely no doubt now. Louie's too experienced manager to just offload his most experienced striker without securing at least someone of RVP's class.

Shit's happening behind curtains, there's no other options.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
If van Persie leaves ofcourse we will sign a replacement, I'm wondering who though.

rotherham_red

I for one, will be sad to see him go. Was almost the sole reason for us getting 20 and he was a classy guy to boot.

Still think he would be our first choice if it wasn't for that 5 and a half year millstone we put round our neck when we gave Rooney that contract, but what's done is done.

The only striker who I would want replacing RVP is Lacazette. The chances of us getting him however, are slim imo

Woodenlung

So that's a new striker to go along with the midfielder, righ back, goalkeeper and central defender we still need.

Good luck with that.

WengersWingMan

Supports
Arsenal
The only striker who I would want replacing RVP is Lacazette. The chances of us getting him however, are slim imo
I wouldn't be sure about that he rejected his contract offer at Lyon and has talked allot about leaving this year.

RUUD_10_LEGEND

So long RvP, some great moments in a United shirt, and you could tell the guy loved playing for the club and Fergie despite his tenure at Arsenal.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You have been rather depressing this summer but seems like a green little fire has been lit inside your christmas heart.

Edit: never mind..
I'm all for clearing the wage bill, which getting rid of RvP, Falcao, and Nani will do. Who knows, we may even wind up with a Galactico type transfer as a result.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Fenerbahce surprises me. Thought he'd aim a little higher than that.

Rooney, Wilson and Hernandez - with the latter's future not certain here by any means. The recent RVP rumours are either bullshit, or we're definitely signing a striker.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Strikers we've been linked to so far this summer: Lacazette, Kane, Cavani, Benzema.....?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It only makes any kind of sense if we have someone coming in. Otherwise it's bizarre, stupid, retarded, generally lacking any kind of sense etc.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It only makes any kind of sense if we have someone coming in. Otherwise it's bizarre, stupid, retarded, generally lacking any kind of sense etc.
You scare me , all those words represent us in the transfer market in the last few years

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
If he does leave like this it will upset me in a way, how he came in here, the way he spoke, his professionalism, how he talked about wanting to finish his career at United, everything about him the first year or so, one of the best individual seasons from a United player certainly? up there will Cantona 96 for me.

In the last couple of years it's all just gone to hell, I feel for his situation, Sir Alex promised him he'd carry on for a few years, already knowing it was to be his last, that's not an excuse for his miserable last couple of years but I just can't shake a lingering note of sympathy for him, wish him the best if he does depart under these circumstances.

Hellboy

Good news. He was embarrassingly bad last season, and certainly not good enough at all to take home £200k + per week.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Seems like the price will be 5m according to the Turkish press.

ottosec

Looks like I am the only one here, but I hope this is not true. I think he still has something to offer.

justboy68

So are him and Nani both going there? Seems like Fener must have a bit of money about them these days to be splashing out big wages in the Turkish league.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
What's nani and persies combined wage? 300k?

Glad they are soon to be off the books.

MarkC

I can't say I feel any sympathy for him in anyway as others are saying. It was an arrangement that suited us both really he came to us to win something and got a league winners medal. It was unfortunate for him that Fergie left but RVP got what he came for.

I think he could stay and offer us something, if we are playing better he would get chances but the chances of him and Rooney being out injured at the same time are high which would leave us up shit creek. I am surprised if he goes only for the fact that LVG believes we lack experienced players and also with the signing of Memphis it would have been good for him to have him around. I get the impression by RVP and his puppet comments he has made his own mind up to leave rather than us pushing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.