RvP Transfer | Signed with Fenerbahce | See thread in the footy forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDwyr

All in for Griezmann I say , he can play across the front 3
I would do anything for that deal :lol:.

Even though he was pretty poor all season I am surprised he is going (assume the reported deal is true?). Leaves us with another spot we have to fill. Need to get moving on some transfer business.

Oo0AahCantona

Being completely honest, he hasnt been close to the same player he was at his peak over the last 2 years, he has had the odd stand out performance but ultimately not of the quality we need to sustain a proper challenge on all fronts.

settembrini

If we can sell him then great.

I would have thought his wages would be too much for Fenerbahce though.

Djemba-Djemba

The first 6 months or so of that first year especially, August to about February, he was absolutely sensational. He was scoring all sorts of goals, tap ins, headers, screamers, deft ones it was amazing. He'd scored in wins at Anfield, Stamford Bridge, the Etihad and he scored at home to Arsenal. He was the difference in the biggest games in a way we'd not had for ages.

It was up there with Ronaldo and Cantona at their peak for inspiring us. Oh and Van Nistlerooy in 2003.

If he goes, I'll always consider him a success for that first season. And for those first 6 months especially.

Drifter

American
Thought Van Persie was the blue eyed boy of Van Gaal .But if true thanks for the 2012/13 where he played a massive part in United winning the title.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Past his best but could do a job. Seems strange to lose Falcao, Hernandez, and Welbeck without a replacement. Still think we should have done more to keep the latter as with 433 and our wingers think we could have coped, getting the right signings has proved difficult.

Red Comet

If it's true then it might be an indication that LvG is going full 4-3-3 next season, with Rooney as the main striker and the likes of Memphis, Mata, Young, Januzaj, and ADM as our options on the wings.

Hitchcocker

I can't say I feel any sympathy for him in anyway as others are saying. It was an arrangement that suited us both really he came to us to win something and got a league winners medal. It was unfortunate for him that Fergie left but RVP got what he came for.

I think he could stay and offer us something, if we are playing better he would get chances but the chances of him and Rooney being out injured at the same time are high which would leave us up shit creek. I am surprised if he goes only for the fact that LVG believes we lack experienced players and also with the signing of Memphis it would have been good for him to have him around. I get the impression by RVP and his puppet comments he has made his own mind up to leave rather than us pushing him.
I do feel sorry for him. I think if he could look back, he'd regret his decision to come over here. He's clearly fecked his status as an Arsenal legend by coming over here and if he were to stay at Arsenal, he'd still be a legend and competing for both Top 4 and CL knock-out rounds more consistently than he has with us or wherever he will be. It's a shame. He's clearly a better player than showing right now, his decline wouldn't have been as abrupt as it is if we were under Sir Alex.

van Nistelrooy and van Persie - both deserved more medals than they can show for with us. :(

ThanksBoss26

He's never really recovered from Fergie retiring. But if it is true, we'll remember him for that first season, in which he was brilliant and by far our best player that year.

All the best to him in Turkey if true. I think he'll do well out there, but again it's another where I think it's the right time to part ways.

There will be a replacement brought in without question.

Nickosaur

Man. He was fantastic at his best but recently, I don't think many can complain at his sale.

AKDevil

Did his job. Thank him for that. Downed tools once SAF went. Understandable in many ways why his level dropped but time to move him on if we can.

Varun

Staff
Very odd choice of club. Take a wage cut and play for a good club ffs.

Bojan11

Did his job. Thank him for that. Downed tools once SAF went. Understandable in many ways why his level dropped but time to move him on if we can.
Downed tools? I wouldn't say that.

He had a few injuries since SAF left and just was past his peak. Even for Holland he looked quite bad.

Ixion

Decent for Fenerbahce if they get him and Nani. Surprised though, both could go to better leagues. I would have been surprised had he stayed, everyone focused on Falcao but RVP was poor last season.

crossy1686

career ending
So do the big Turkish clubs pay better than the big Italian clubs nowadays?
I read somewhere that Fenerbache have the highest ticket prices in Europe (Arsenal were second) so it's highly likely that they can afford to pay him what he wants. I'm surprised he would want to go there though, surely someone like Juventus would take a punt on him and give him another shot at the Champions League.

Anyway, I hope this isn't bollocks, we could do with offloading him. He's been very poor since Ferguson retired.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
I'm glad I was able to see van Puntzy play for us, even if we didn't really get the best of him. Age had always been evidently taking its toll on his game ever since he joined us. His penetrative movement, excellent technique in close quarters, wondrous strikes and lashed finishes are a part of our history. We can look back and laugh at his lethargic plodding at the tail end of games, or the numerous easier chances that the Gods denied him goals for, and all those bloody offsides.

I'm not particularly pleased to see him leave the club before Hernandez, despite his decline, but I get the feeling Chicharito will be following suit soon enough. It's been a while since we splashed on a frontman, but all the top targets are quickly dropping off the map. Let's hope that part of the squad's construction gets a van Persie sized kick up the behind.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Strange one. I'd rather keep him and see him leave on a free in 12 months time than accept the pittance Fener will offer us. The difference in quality between him and Wazza is not much and we're hardly stocked up front as it is either. Unless we're buying a new striker...

Varun

Staff
Must sign a striker now. Cant put all our eggs on Rooney's basket.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
That's like half a million a week in wages with Falcao and RVP gone.

He's been pretty crap for 2 years now so it's good to see he's leaving

El Zoido

If he's going then we MUST be bringing in another striker. There's no way we'd let him leave so easily without targeting a replacement.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That's like half a million a week in wages with Falcao and RVP gone.

He's been pretty crap for 2 years now so it's good to see he's leaving
Dont forget Nani - Collectively, that's about 600-700k per week in saved wages, which if extrapolated over an entire year is a hefty sum.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I don't feel that loyal to Van Persie, he wasn't exactly one of our own but it was a nice story for our number #20 to win our 20th title. The fact he was bought from a rival and scored a few winners against them made it sweeter. There were a few moments I thought he was going to be on par with a Cantona-esque signing but it wasn't meant to be.

Can't complain, 24m for a title which is peanuts in today's market. Goodluck to him and Nani I guess...

With Falcao/RVP out of the picture we're left with Rooney, Hernandez and Wilson. Question marks on Hernandez but it would be interesting if he stayed.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Interesting that there has been no mention of Henriquez being sold , maybe he has a future at the club after doing pretty well on loan

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Dont forget Nani - Collectively, that's about 600-700k per week in saved wages, which if extrapolated over an entire year is a hefty sum.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Evans and Hernandez leaving as well which would add even more to that number. Pretty good that LVG is getting rid of all the dead wood

Sam

I wouldn't get carried away on the basis of one article.

Status
Not open for further replies.