RvP Transfer | Signed with Fenerbahce | See thread in the footy forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

United22

Our team is almost unrecognisable from Fergies last year now...

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
You can only hope to go there are no plans to give Hernandez another go with us.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Time for a which striker should we replace RvP with poll. Can someone organize a list of viable candidates who haven't already moved to other clubs (ie. not Jackson Martinez and similar players, and I'll make the thread/poll.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Time for a which striker should we replace RvP with poll. Can someone organize a list of viable candidates who haven't already moved to other clubs (ie. not Jackson Martinez and similar players, and I'll make the thread/poll.
For starters - Kane, Griezmann, Lacazette, Cavani.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Realistic:

Benteke
Lacazette
Berahino
Icardi
Higuain
Griezmann

crossy1686

career ending
You can only hope to go there are no plans to give Hernandez another go with us.
If we don't that leaves us with one recognisable first team striker left in our team. Talk about a clear out! Surely we should be on the cusp of signing another striker or two if we're letting them go?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Nani, Anderson, RVP and Falcao probably all gone in the last 6 months. That could easily have free up 700K per week in wages.

I'll always love RVP for his performances during no. 20. But I think he does serve as a warning on spending huge money on players close to 30. His decline since that season has been staggering. How much of that was down to SAF leaving and how much wasn't, is up for debate. Kagawa and RVP did seem the two players most affected by SAF's retirement.

Distracted Steward

If it's true then it might be an indication that LvG is going full 4-3-3 next season, with Rooney as the main striker and the likes of Memphis, Mata, Young, Januzaj, and ADM as our options on the wings.
Maybe, but that would still leave questions about quality depth at CF.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nani, Anderson, RVP and Falcao probably all gone in the last 6 months. That could easily have free up 700K per week in wages.

I'll always love RVP for his performances during no. 20. But I think he does serve as a warning on spending huge money on players close to 30. His decline since that season has been staggering. How much of that was down to SAF leaving and how much wasn't, is up for debate. Kagawa and RVP did seem the two players most affected by SAF's retirement.
Yep. People keep rattling out the "are his legs going to fall off after 30? Another 4-5 years at the top IMO" stance.

The problem is the risk involved of a decline, and it isn't this huge myth that's been created. It actually happens and to most players.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Is Griezmann a striker? I thought he played on the wing? I'd take Higuain or Icardi out of those, I think.
Well, he can play almost every position in attack, mostly played as a second-striker this season, but i wouldn't call him a striker either.

Offside

If we don't that leaves us with one recognisable first team striker left in our team. Talk about a clear out! Surely we should be on the cusp of signing another striker or two if we're letting them go?
Wilson. That is 2. Then if we sign a striker that is 3, which is all we need really.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Wilson. That is 2. Then if we sign a striker that is 3, which is all we need really.
Wilson isn't good enough yet. He should be going out on loan. If Rooney got injured and we had Wilson up front, we'd be fecked.

soapythecat

If he really has gone, then LVG and Woody deserve a bit of credit for reducing the wage bill. As stated earlier, we have lost a stack of cash by getting rid of players deemed not good enough for LVG. Granted, we have got peanuts for them but if we give them such healthy contracts, what can the club do?
I do hope RvP going means a new striker coming in. I don't think Rooney, Hernandez and Wilson will give us enough goals. Something we lacked last term.

Offside

Wilson isn't good enough yet. He should be going out on loan. If Rooney got injured and we had Wilson up front, we'd be fecked.
I disagree really. I think Wilson would be good enough to be a 3rd choice striker. I agree we shouldn't be going into the new season with just Rooney and Wilson though..we need to buy a striker.

Godfather

Feck me. With Chicharito also on the move we are more or less left with only Rooney as a striker. And Wilson.

Devil may care

Probably more security of a lengthy contract.
That makes sense, I read something about Fernerbache offering a 4 year deal, which I doubt most clubs would.

I read somewhere that Fenerbache have the highest ticket prices in Europe (Arsenal were second) so it's highly likely that they can afford to pay him what he wants. I'm surprised he would want to go there though, surely someone like Juventus would take a punt on him and give him another shot at the Champions League.

Anyway, I hope this isn't bollocks, we could do with offloading him. He's been very poor since Ferguson retired.
Yeah he never recovered from Fergie leaving, but he's looked shot physically to me as well, even when playing for Holland.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Milik, Gabbiadini

Truedevil

More realistic ones:
Icardi
Lacazette
Higuain
Kane
Remy
Benteke
Berahino
Cavani
Rondón
Lukaku
Austin

Players who seem unrealistic at this point but might be gettable:
Ibrahimovic
Müller
Morata

Asger

Dont forget Nani - Collectively, that's about 600-700k per week in saved wages, which if extrapolated over an entire year is a hefty sum.
Would be good if we could let Rooney also go. But that will never happen.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
More realistic ones:
Icardi
Lacazette
Higuain
Kane
Remy
Benteke
Berahino
Cavani
Rondón
Lukaku
Austin

Players who seem unrealistic at this point but might be gettable:
Ibrahimovic
Müller
Morata
Some pretty depressing options on the top list.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
I disagree really. I think Wilson would be good enough to be a 3rd choice striker. I agree we shouldn't be going into the new season with just Rooney and Wilson though..we need to buy a striker.
Yep. We are gonna play with one striker so the amount of game time for the third choice will be ideal for someone of Wilson's age. We don't need to go and spend millions on someone who wont play much.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?

ghagua

Will be sad to see RvP move on. Still a class striker who suffered because of lack of service. With LvG playing with 1 striker and making Rooney untouchable, hard to see a top class striker wanting to come in as backup. Lacazette would make the most sense, but would not mind Berahino or Benteke, but most people will turn their nose up at those players.

entropy

Some pretty depressing options on the top list.
Forget depressing. Half the players on that list I have never heard of before. Its like one of those Jimmy Kimmel gags where he asks people going to coachella about random made up musicians and everyone is like "oh yeah..they are awesome"

Chicharo

I suppose I'm not the only one who's sceptical about Rooney being the first option with Wilson and some of the before mentioned players as his subs.
I simply don't trust Rooney's finishing ability that much.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It's a pretty horrific decision getting rid of RVP at this point especially considering just how poor the market is at the moment. For anyone suggesting Benteke then you must be delusional if you think he's actually better than even an off form RVP.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It's a pretty horrific decision getting rid of RVP at this point especially considering just how poor the market is at the moment. For anyone suggesting Benteke then you must be delusional if you think he's actually better than even an off form RVP.
Whoever replaces him isn't likely to play much since we already have Rooney and Wilson. If we do replace him, I'd go for Higuain. 20 goal player who would blend in well with the rest of our Spanish speaking contingent.

Status
Not open for further replies.