Ryan Giggs: First press conference

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Ryan Giggs will meet the media on Friday morning for the first time since taking over as interim Manchester United manager.

Giggs was placed in charge at Old Trafford when David Moyes was dismissed from his position on Tuesday.

The 40-year-old's press conference will take place at United's Aon Training Complex, moving back to the room where Sir Alex Ferguson held his weekly meetings when in charge.

Taking another leaf out of Ferguson's books, Giggs has scheduled the presser before training - Moyes had moved them to after the squad's Friday session.

Giggs' first match in charge comes up on Saturday against Norwich City (live on Sky Sports 1, kick-off 5:30pm) and he has already told his players he wants them to start playing like Manchester United again, pressing teams as they did under Ferguson.

He has four matches to impress the club's owners if he is to become a candidate to take over from Moyes on a full-time basis, although other more experienced names such as Louis van Gaal are favoured by bookmakers.

Sky Sports

kps88

MUTV are having a special pre show that starts at 9.30 BST.

Loublaze

ATLien
Conference anytime now huh. Can it be seen anywhere online? If so please send a PM someone.

Plugsy

It'll be dull as hell, let's be honest. It's not going to be Oprah, he won't confess his sins, reveal dark secrets, break into tears or jump on his chair whilst insisting he isn't a homosexual.

It'd be "We've a big game coming up, all the players are focused, looking forward to the next game" etc, standard stuff.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I'm curious as to his first PC.

For all the people that says Mind games are bullshit, this season has shown that what managers says in the press actually changes the dynamic of the game.

If it's just some pointless words, we wouldn't be so hurt and baffled towards some of Moyes' PC (which i'm sure changes acted as the straw that breaks the camels back on some fence badgers)

The Red Thinker

It'll be dull as hell, let's be honest. It's not going to be Oprah, he won't confess his sins, reveal dark secrets, break into tears or jump on his chair whilst insisting he isn't a homosexual.

It'd be "We've a big game coming up, all the players are focused, looking forward to the next game" etc, standard stuff.
Yea but to see Ryan Giggs in the manager's chair would be a surreal sight to be honest. The player we all saw growing up has now become our manager (yes, momentarily) but it's still a sight to behold. The Fledglings coming back to run the club - Amazing.

Plugsy

Yea but to see Ryan Giggs in the manager's chair would be a surreal sight to be honest. The player we all saw growing up has now become our manager (yes, momentarily) but it's still a sight to behold. The Fledglings coming back to run the club - Amazing.
I wonder if he'll adopt Fergie's style

"See you, see you, yer feckin bastard, how dare youse feckin ask me that."

Galactic

Incorrigible pest

It'll be very interesting to see how he handle the media as the manager of Manchester United. He'll be saying some standard stuff indeed but there are many standard stuff one manager can choose from. It'll be very interesting to hear which standard stuff "Ryan Giggs" will use. Looking forward to this.

Plugsy

It'll be very interesting to see how he handle the media as the manager of Manchester United. He'll be saying some standard stuff indeed but there are many standard stuff one manager can choose from. It'll be very interesting to hear which standard stuff "Ryan Giggs" will use. Looking forward to this.
Maybe he'll quote Moyes and say we'll try to attempt to one day get to a stage where we have ambition to perhaps improve at some point of time in the future.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Fledglings to fledge their own fledglings?! :eek:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
So, Ryan. You've been in charge of the squad for four days now. How have you been preparing the squad in training for your upcoming match?

"Yeah, it's been interesting. Our first session involved reintroducing the team to the ball. Moyes used to keep it locked up during training, so some of the players had completely forgotten what it was. When I showed them it they grew confused and started to panic. Mata started crying and hugging it saying "Please never leave me ever again!" Rooney became agitated, climbed up a tree and threw his fecal matter at us. We had to get Scholesy to lob a ball at him so that he would fall out, before filling him with sedatives to calm him down. Hopefully he should be awake in time for the World Cup."

Last edited:

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
They'll start it with a statement on how they won't answer any questions about Moyes departure or anything else outside of this weekends game.

The Red Thinker

I want him to walk into the presser with an awesome suit on and stare down the journos with a grim expression. Maddened eyes that reveal the torture of the last 10 months.

Reporter: Giggsy, what's the plan for tomorrow?
Giggs: We will win... The United Way.

*Drops Microphone and walks away*

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I want him to walk into the presser with an awesome suit on and stare down the journos with a grim expression. Maddened eyes that reveal the torture of the last 10 months.

Reporter: Giggsy, what's the plan for tomorrow?
Giggs: We will win... The United Way.

*Drops Microphone and walks away*
With his hands stretched out and staring at the reporter, in that "come at me, bro" kind of way.

Tosicsleftpeg

So, Ryan. You've been in charge of the squad for four days now. How have you been preparing the squad in training for your upcoming match?

"Yeah, it's been interesting. Our first session involved reintroducing the team to the ball. Moyes used to keep it locked up during training, so some of the players had completely forgotten what it was. When I showed them it they grew confused and started to panic. Mata started crying and hugging it saying "Please never leave me ever again!" Rooney became agitated, climbed up a tree and throwing his fecal matter at us. We had to get Scholesy to lob a ball at him so that he would fall out, before filling him with sedatives to try and calm him down. Hopefully he should be awake in time for the World Cup."
Hahaha.

Thisistheone

:)

Would be funny if he kicked off or banned a journo in his first presser. Fergie style!

Not sure if he's got this kind of death stare though?

Litch

I agree, its Roy of the Rovers stuff.....

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
What time does he start at? He should enter the presser and say, "Unlike the last few months here, we are not going to TRY anything...we are just going to go out there and do it."

Suck on that David with all your, 'trying'

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Giggsy has years of media training, he'll have a real grasp of what to say today. It's going to be very scripted, but I'm still excited. It's another 40 minutes, it's 4.30 in the morning, but I'm excited to hear what he says.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
It will be scripted but at the same time it will be more inspiring and confidence fulfilling than any presser we have heard in the past 9 months.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Giggsy has a very dry sense of humour. He's one of the funniest guys in the United squad.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Can't believe how excited I am about this. A month ago I was convinced Giggsy would be pushed out of Old Trafford this summer without a chance to say goodbye. Now he's the manager! Brilliant turnaround, like a winner in Fergie time.

With his hands stretched out and staring at the reporter, in that "come at me, bro" kind of way.
:lol:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

"Yeah, it's been interesting. Our first session involved reintroducing the team to the ball. Moyes used to keep it locked up during training, so some of the players had completely forgotten what it was. When I showed them it they grew confused and started to panic. Mata started crying and hugging it saying "Please never leave me ever again!" Rooney became agitated, climbed up a tree and threw his fecal matter at us. We had to get Scholesy to lob a ball at him so that he would fall out, before filling him with sedatives to calm him down. Hopefully he should be awake in time for the World Cup."
:lol:

Brilliant stuff.