Ryan Giggs: First press conference

NK86

It'll be dull as hell, let's be honest. It's not going to be Oprah, he won't confess his sins, reveal dark secrets, break into tears or jump on his chair whilst insisting he isn't a homosexual.

It'd be "We've a big game coming up, all the players are focused, looking forward to the next game" etc, standard stuff.
That's what we all thought when Tony Stark was giving his presser and was supposed to say he was NOT the Iron Man. Look how that turned out. So never give up hope on seeing something extraordinary :p

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
So, Ryan. You've been in charge of the squad for four days now. How have you been preparing the squad in training for your upcoming match?

"Yeah, it's been interesting. Our first session involved reintroducing the team to the ball. Moyes used to keep it locked up during training, so some of the players had completely forgotten what it was. When I showed them it they grew confused and started to panic. Mata started crying and hugging it saying "Please never leave me ever again!" Rooney became agitated, climbed up a tree and threw his fecal matter at us. We had to get Scholesy to lob a ball at him so that he would fall out, before filling him with sedatives to calm him down. Hopefully he should be awake in time for the World Cup."
:lol:

ryan_forlan

Gullible
So, Ryan. You've been in charge of the squad for four days now. How have you been preparing the squad in training for your upcoming match?

"Yeah, it's been interesting. Our first session involved reintroducing the team to the ball. Moyes used to keep it locked up during training, so some of the players had completely forgotten what it was. When I showed them it they grew confused and started to panic. Mata started crying and hugging it saying "Please never leave me ever again!" Rooney became agitated, climbed up a tree and threw his fecal matter at us. We had to get Scholesy to lob a ball at him so that he would fall out, before filling him with sedatives to calm him down. Hopefully he should be awake in time for the World Cup."
top post!!!!

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Nice sad coldplay song for David Moyes montage at the start :lol:

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Anyone got mutv for updates? For some reason is embargoed for 30 mind to the rest of the press

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Search MUTV Stream on twitter. You'll get the link.

KM

Giggsy saying it's the proudest moment of my life. Have supported the club throughout my life and this is a dream come true.

saivet

This ain't no press conference. When does the proper thing start?

A1X

It would be hilarious if he turned up in that grim reaper outfit from the Everton game

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Players have been giving him some stick too he says, asking where he is going to park and putting a gaffer sign above where he sits in the dressing room :lol:

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Goes handles the media very well. He's saying all the right thing there.

NK86

Giggsy saying it's the proudest moment of my life. Have supported the club throughout my life and this is a dream come true.
You should stop toggling between first and second person POV in your posts :p

Jev

Goes handles the media very well. He's saying all the right thing there.
It's an in-house interview. Questions aren't the least bit dangerous and he will have been extensively briefed and prepared before-hand.

LR7

Brilliant interview. So refreshing to hear his positivity.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where can I hear what you are all hearing?

Crackers

greasy ginfers
terrible at remembering exact quotes, so I'll post main points.

What's he been saying to the players,
Believes in their abilities, knows they're good enough. Telling them to go out and show it to the fans, and score goals.

Was asking SAF for advise.

Admits Norwhich will be dangerous, as they're fighting for their lives. We wont underestimate them, they're good team.
We're Man United at home. I expect us to win.

I want the fans to enjoy this. 3 games at home.

To come into the management role so late in the season is difficult.

Is it important that we qualify for Europe? even if it's not CL.
It's important yeah, no matter what we want european games at old trafford.

He's had great support from fans, players and staff.
Only players injured are rafa and robin.

Thisistheone

Brilliant interview. Such a difference to Moyes. I 'expect to win'. Wants to 'play attacking football. Entertain the fans. Score. Play with pace'

Love it.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Giggs' interview :drool:

He was nervous for a bit there, holding back not to say something offensive. He did say something about 'we just have to get back to enjoying things again' suggesting that the players weren't enjoying the previous regime. Didn't rule himself to get the final goal and confirmed Rafa and RvP are out. Super interview and it seems he's buzzing.

Shark

@NotShark
:drool:

There's no better man to take over for the time being. Somebody that not only the United players have huge respect for, but respected all over for his achievements, loyalty and longevity. It'd be amazing if he eventually takes over for good.

buckooo1978

Giggs told the squad....

I trust you...
I know what you are capable of...
so go and entertain the fans!

KM

They're showing the highlights of Everton match. I'm not watching it.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
"I’ve got to say this is the proudest moment of my life. The club has been the biggest part of my life since I was 14."

kps88

Do we really need to "go back and remind ourselves what happened at Goodison"?

Crackers

greasy ginfers
"We're Man United and we're at home and we expect to win (against Norwich). I want the fans to enjoy the rest of the season."

Shark

@NotShark
"We're Man United and we're at home and we expect to win (against Norwich). I want the fans to enjoy the rest of the season."
The complete opposite to the viral rubbish that Moyes has been spouting out. Thank feck the club is relieved of that man.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
"I want to win four games. I think it's important that you have European football at Old Trafford."
"You win and you lose together. It hasn't been to the standards of MUFC. In the short space of time, we'll do something about it"