Ryan Giggs: First press conference

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Giggs has got a charisma that another person cannot just acquire, he was completely comfortable in front of the media and for the first time in a while I came out looking forward to the next time he speaks than worry about the club manager dropping another punchline infront of the mic.

Drifter

American
Said some nice things .What fans want to here .Let's hope he can produce it on the pitch.

Ace of Spades

Best combination for me is Van Gaal and have him appoint Giggs his #2. Van Gaal comes in and fixes the problems with the squad short term, while teaching Giggs and allowing him to get settled ready to take over after Van Gaal goes. I'd be very happy with that myself.
Even being the assistant manager is not enough to judge his ability. If we really want to gauge his talent, then he needs to go and manage a club first like Ole. That would give us a better idea about his talent, when he is in a position where he will need to make the important decisions for a club. There are many young managers I would rather take a punt on at this point in time than Giggs, who I would not even consider unless he goes and gets some much needed experience.

You can't teach the pressure of being the manager unless you have experienced it first hand, and being the assistant manager will not be enough to consider it a good option. There will still be too much risk involved.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If he'll make it as a manager that's gonna make almost half billion people on a globe extremely happy.

Modest and intelligent as always. High position and status of the biggest modern legend doesn't affect his character. The school of Sir Alex Ferguson that may be continued via Ryan Giggs. Isn't that neat !

Good Luck and hopefully this experience will push him forward into management, same goes to Scholesy with his coaching aspiration.

Revan

Assumptionman
Said it that I hope that while a lot of fans will hope to make Giggs perma manager (especially if we win all the remaining games) that must not happen. He has 0 experience and it is a big risk to appoint him. Give Van Gaal a few years with Giggs as his assistant and then we can judje better.

Shark

@NotShark

For those who missed it and I think the other video got deleted.
Brilliant. Only in the job for 4 days and already he's given a better presser to any of Moyes' in his time here. As others have said, he seems a natural and most of all, it feels so right.

SalfordRed1960

The problem for Giggs is that if ever does become manager permanently he will have to forget about his friendships and be as ruthless as any other manager. I'd imagine that would be quite a difficult thing to do.
If he was to stay on, it shouldn't be a problem as most of the players you are talking about as friends will be gone in 1-2 years and he would have brought in replacements that will only know him as the boss.

I'd personally prefer an experienced manager, where maybe him or some other younger ex-player can be educated on the management side. I am sure they already have good coaching skills. There are very few good players that have become exceptional managers. Even our own players, Charlton, Robson, Hughes, Bruce ...etc. have hardly shown real ability at management level.

paceme

Golly Gilmore
“What’s the matter, lager boy, scared you might ta
If he was to stay on, it shouldn't be a problem as most of the players you are talking about as friends will be gone in 1-2 years and he would have brought in replacements that will only know him as the boss.

I'd personally prefer an experienced manager, where maybe him or some other younger ex-player can be educated on the management side. I am sure they already have good coaching skills. There are very few good players that have become exceptional managers. Even our own players, Charlton, Robson, Hughes, Bruce ...etc. have hardly shown real ability at management level.
Well actually Bruce and Hughes have. Just because you're not suited to a top club doesn't mean you aren't a decent manager. I doubt half the coaches at top clubs could do aswell as Hughes did at Blackburn for example and Bruce has done pretty well for himself at Wigan and with Hull this season.

SalfordRed1960

Well actually Bruce and Hughes have. Just because you're not suited to a top club doesn't mean you aren't a decent manager. I doubt half the coaches at top clubs could do aswell as Hughes did at Blackburn for example and Bruce has done pretty well for himself at Wigan and with Hull this season.
I am not sure I agree with you, but who knows who is right. Not worth arguing about though. For me Bruce has had a significant number of management positions, but I always get the impression that he talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk. His teams have periods of doing well, but then tend to fall away badly. I am ot sure he has an eye for a player as I haven't really seen any good purchases he has made. I agree about Hull at the moment. The one place where I believe he has brought in very good PL players who are now doing a job as they are playing regular. As for Hughes, I must have missed his good stints as manager.

Will Absolute

Who knew the season could end so positively? Imagine how depressed we'd all feel if Moyes was still there. We'd be fretting about Liverpool potentially as-good-as wrapping up the title tomorrow, we'd probably achieve a dull 0-0 tomorrow at home to Norwich and dreading the closed season when we'd spend probably £130m on Everton players.
Yes.

Dave leached all the joy from being a fan.

redevil2

Who knew the season could end so positively? Imagine how depressed we'd all feel if Moyes was still there. We'd be fretting about Liverpool potentially as-good-as wrapping up the title tomorrow, we'd probably achieve a dull 0-0 tomorrow at home to Norwich and dreading the closed season when we'd spend probably £130m on Everton players.
A very pleasant surprise really. We can even say, "we are united, we do what we want!" on the heels of a very disappointing and frustrating season. Seeing Giggs and hearing him talk gave us such assurance that United is okay, and it's being taken care of by a bunch of old guards who have been around for 25- 26 years.

United always has a way to be on top... even we are not chasing the title, we've managed to have some positives for the media to focus on in our last 4 games.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I would be worried he might do a Tim Sherwood, set off at a pace on a wave of goodwill, but when the realities set in, perhaps falter. I believe that he is someone it is worthwhile giving time to though.

Imagine 76K fans still singing 'Giggs, Giggs will tear you apart, again!' in 30 years?

LR7

"Ryan Giggs' Red Army" has a bit of a ring to it.

LR7

Just watching the uncut presser and I'm sure I just saw a clip of James Weir training with the first team :drool:

BorisontheRock

Not sure if it's been said, but in one press conference Giggs managed to convey more expression of a philosophy, playing style and plan for the United team than Moyes did in 10 months and 50 odd games.

Good on you Giggsy lad.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Not sure if it's been said, but in one press conference Giggs managed to convey more expression of a philosophy, playing style and plan for the United team than Moyes did in 10 months and 50 odd games.

Good on you Giggsy lad.
This