Ryan Giggs | Interviewed for Wales job

The Bloody-Nine

No one was close to SAF the way he was. From a young age till he was 40, he has learned from the best of the best. This whole talk of "prove yourself somewhere else" is crap. That's not how modern football works. Madrid has proved that with Zidane
And the 100 other players who failed as managers prove that it doesn't work like that.

Rossa

No chance that Giggs will ever become a Utd manager. People had enough issue with Jose poking someone's eye, how do you think they will perceive someone who was banging his brother's wife for 8 years. Great player yes, great human being, NO. Dont want him near our club. Thanks for your services, you were greatly rewarded, have a nice life.
60% cheat, so it's a mighty high horse you are sitting on, and although what he did was an atrocious act, we probably only know half the story, at best.

red4ever 79

Being a proud Welshman I would be sad to see this guy take the job. Icon for Utd, didnt give a f*ck about Wales. For the first time in decades we have a decent squad with some good young players coming through. Interest in the national game is at an all time high.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
How many times was he "injured" for Wales? Was that just once or twice, and it turned out into a myth, or was an often seen occurrence?

I mean, he has 64 caps, that's freakin' lot.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
60% cheat, so it's a mighty high horse you are sitting on, and although what he did was an atrocious act, we probably only know half the story, at best.

I know my values, thank you very much, and one thing would never do and I d never do and rather die, is shag my brother's wife. And ok, doing it once, you call it a mistake, doing it second time you call it remission, but...8 years? He is a scumbag of a human being, but good player nevertheless.

He is supposed to be a role model. Some chavs, even in here. They will mate with their cousins and call it normal.

red4ever 79

How many times was he "injured" for Wales? Was that just once or twice, and it turned out into a myth, or was an often seen occurrence?

In a 19 season career. You must be joking.. Neymar has played over 80 times for Brazil and he is 25. Ryan Giggs didnt give a toss about Wales.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

There was a stat either in this thread or somewhere online where it turned out he missed 9 consecutive years of friendlies. Turned up for a friendly in the new stadium, then missed the next 18 friendliest. He pulled that crap a lot.

Doesn’t really bother me, but bothers a lot of people I know.

red4ever 79

There was a stat either in this thread or somewhere online where it turned out he missed 9 consecutive years of friendlies. Turned up for a friendly in the new stadium, then missed the next 18 friendliest. He pulled that crap a lot.

Bothers me a lot. Wales at that time didnt have much quality, even as he aged into his mid 30's he could have contributed. He just didnt care. Simple as that. Wales were not competitive enough for him. Dont want him anywhere near the job. Would prefer to give it to someone who gives a damn about Wales.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé

That's actually all kinds of cool. :cool:

Death to friendlies!

Rossa

I know my values, thank you very much, and one thing would never do and I d never do and rather die, is shag my brother's wife. And ok, doing it once, you call it a mistake, doing it second time you call it remission, but...8 years? He is a scumbag of a human being, but good player nevertheless.

He is supposed to be a role model. Some chavs, even in here. They will mate with their cousins and call it normal.
I don’t disagree. I think most would struggle to. However, I think you’ll find that most top footballers have some skeletons in their closets. Giggs’ were just made public. On the other hand, we don’t know much about the other side of the story.

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
It's still too early to tell really. Whilst the performance away to Denmark was poor, Friday night's loss wasn't a bad performance. Had a crazy 5 minutes or so before halftime where we started giving up a lot of openings which ended with Denmark scoring the opener. After that an experienced team like Denmark were able to keep us at arms length in the 2nd half.

The style of play he's trying to bring to the team is exciting when we have the ball, and he's integrating a few of our promising youngsters in the starting lineup/squad. I think he might need to find a bit more balanced lineup for some games but hopefully that will come with experience.

For example, whilst Vokes isn't the best striker, his experience and presence would've suited us better on Friday than Tyler Roberts did, but it's still very early days for Giggs.

In group 2 for the Euro's qualifying so should get a decent group. Be able to judge him better after that.