g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ryan Gravenberch | signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma_87

You know who
He's exactly the #8 profile we need, true, but then what's the plan with Mount? Why did we buy him for 55M for the same position?

And we still need a #6, to cover Casemiro.

I think this makes sense if ETH wants him as a loan replacement for VdB, but even then, I'd still want a #6 like Amrabat.
He's not. His defensive game is non existent from what I've seen.

Makes sense if we buy Amrabat as well, but then why did we buy Mount?

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
What kind of player Gravenberch is?
The (former) Pogba comparisons are quite fitting I think, not only because of their body.
He has good ball control, is fast and can play good passes in the final 3rd.
Think of a less flashly and not nearly as good Pogba and you probably have a good impression.

When he joined us, he was labeled as a 6 or 8, i'd say he is a 8 or 10. His defensive skills are not good enough for a big team and league to be a 6.

His biggest problem seems to be his mentality.
Instead of giving everything to take the few chances he got, he mostly looks and acts like he doesn't care much. Instead he goes to the press and complains about his lack of game time.

I wouldn't be mad if he leaves, if we get a fair amount of money for him.
But i also wouldn't be surprised if Klopp turned him into the next Pogba ;)

Real Name

The (former) Pogba comparisons are quite fitting I think, not only because of their body.
Think of a less flashly and not nearly as good Pogba and you probably have a good impression.

When he joined us, he was labeled as a 6 or 8, i'd say he is a 8 or 10. His defensive skills are not good enough for a big team and league to be a 6.

Instead of giving everything to take the few chances he got, he mostly looks and acts like he doesn't care much. Instead he goes to the press and complains about his lack of game time.

Which version of Pogba though?
Thanks for the info. :)

Mainoldo

He don’t look strong to me!! He’s far from a giant in stature.

al tuna

Was hoping for a deadline day no nonsense bully in midfield to magically fall from the heavens and into our lap. He certainly isn't it. I just...don't understand our transfer dealings this window outside of Onana. Not trying to sound ignorant or anything, I just genuinely don't understand most of our decisions. Oh well. That's why I watch and don't coach/scout.

CM

Gravenberch isn't the possession oriented midfielder I would want in an ideal world but we do desperately need another option. If we can get him on a loan or cheap deal and correct the imbalance of the midfield then I wouldn't be against it.

Nothing can be obvious after 2 games. Escpecially if a transfer is a flop.
It was obvious before we even signed him, to be fair. Playing him and Fernandes together in a midfield 3 is a suicide mission, and the two performances to start the season speak for themselves.

Redstain

United need quality in the middle of the park so it make sense he's also young and has much to prove which is welcome. The main criticism that I hear is that he's lazy from some of the opinions of those who observed him in the bundesliga so it's not an issue of quality but temperament.

Bestietom

We need this guy along with Amrabat. All top 7/8 teams have midfielders that will run all over us. We need Kudus instead of Antony who has no right foot.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
No brainer especially if it’s on loan and option to buy , then get in Amrabat desperate need of backup in the middle.

Bissouma and Sarr made our midfield basically non existent and one player won’t be enough.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Seeing an awful lot about him being a lazy cnut. That’ll help our massively unfit team that’s been overrun two games running.

Least he’s played for Ajax and is Dutch, I suppose

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Not a DM and doesn't help Casemiro being solely in charge of that role. We would probably still need Amrabat.

Hopefully this is a loan with no obligation. Would be sensible. Anything else seems a bit knee jerk.

Real Name

It was obvious before we even signed him, to be fair. Playing him and Fernandes together in a midfield 3 is a suicide mission, and the two performances to start the season speak for themselves.
We wont agree on this one.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Isn't he effective on the left of a midfield 3 ? Basically taking Mount's spot.

I get the need for another midfielder but for Christ sake let it actually be the right on/ one we need.

Drizzle

We need this guy
Do we though? I'd have thought the last thing we need is another 8/10 hybrid with not much defensive nous and a questionable attitude. I simply don't see the point of this. Is Ten Hag going to have to try and adapt yet another attacking midfielder into a more disciplined 6/8 role?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sick of this ridiculous transfer policy. Can’t we just play Hannibal/Mainoo? I don’t think Gravenberch would add too much more.

Why can we not just get a strong ball playing midfielder, who does the basics right almost all the time and to a high level? It seems we are only interested in players capable of moments. Gravenberch is a talent - he can dribble and might do something in the final third. But I just want a midfielder that excels at the boring stuff for once. Must we only sign Ten Hag’s children?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If this is a move solely from ETH then just what the heck does he want from his United side ?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If this is true then I think this is the first signs that ETH has lost his grip on the situation and is getting desperate. To abandon his plan after 2 games would be a huge concession that he's got it wrong and wasted a load of money. And what's worse, millions of average joe football fans could have told him this.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
If this is true then I think this is the first signs that ETH has lost his grip on the situation and is getting desperate. To abandon his plan after 2 games would be a huge concession that he's got it wrong and wasted a load of money. And what's worse, millions of average joe football fans could have told him this.
He’s wanted another midfielder for 2 months.

parmenio

Cannot believe this one is true. Absolutely not what is needed.

cyberman

makes sense since there isn’t much cover for Bruno or Mount in our formation, one injury means we have to change the entire thing.
Mainoo cover for Casemiro with Eriksen and this lad for the more attacking position and we have a good midfield coverage.
I’m sure the fans who talked themselves into Amrabat being the cure all for our problems won’t take this well though

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I feel like all our managers post SAF have wanted a specific defensive midfielder and yet, when the TW opens, we instantly make big moves for offensive players.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
makes sense since there isn’t much cover for Bruno or Mount in our formation, one injury means we have to change the entire thing.
Mainoo cover for Casemiro with Eriksen and this lad for the more attacking position and we have a good midfield coverage.
I’m sure the fans who talked themselves into Amrabat being the cure all for our problems won’t take this well though
The last thing we need is cover for Bruno and Mount.

OmarUnited4ever

I do not think he is good enough, best we wait for Mainoo to get back to fitness to play that backup role alongside Eriksen, we need a ready made DM to cover for and compete with Cas, hopefully we sign Amrabat.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
There's been no mention of Gravenberch, seems like throwing enough shit at a wall and hoping something sticks. He's also a completely different profile to both Onana and Amrabat who we have also got an interest in. There just seems to be no plan.
He’s a different profile to Amrabat - not Onana. It was reported he tried to sign him on a free last summer and wanted him in January instead of Sabitzer - it isn’t throwing shit at the wall just because it wasn’t reported in the Mirror 3 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.